Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Go to hacksmods.com. Search for crystal and you'll get some more info.

On boards with a damaged crystal, you usually get like two rapid blink and then the LED stays lit, solid. I remember it does this whether the radio is on or off.
cheers Daryoon, I'll have a look. What I'm getting is rapid blinking while the gyro sets itself (normal) then the slower blinking you get before binding. When I switch the TX on it stays on the slow blink instead of going solid red.
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:58 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,060 Posts
@Dark_Lord,
What you are referring to is controlling the Rates in R/C speak. Sometimes call Dual Rates or D/R.

The top left button will change the rates, like you assume, putting the Heli into beginner or advance mode as you put it. Some people calls it low rate or high rate. Basically all referring to the same thing.

In advance (high rate mode) the Heli will be faster because the servo has more travel and this, more throw.

In beginner (low rate mode) the Heli servo travel is limited. So you don't get full 100% servo travel. And the Heli will be slower, despite you pushing your stick to the max.

One way to determine which rate you're in is via the LCD is by pressing your left stick (rudder) full left or right. Watch the LCD as you do. You'll see the rudder indicator reduce or increase a bar or two.

Less bars equals low rate.

More bars equals high rate.

Now, the LCD also shows the words Mode1. That's a misspelling to refer to Model 1. Ignore that.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,060 Posts
@tigger
Try to turn the transmitter on during the rapid blinking stage. You're using the stock TX correct?
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:14 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
@tigger
Try to turn the transmitter on during the rapid blinking stage. You're using the stock TX correct?
Daryoon, you are a genius. Don't know why it worked (or if I would understand if you explained it) BUT IT WORKED!!!

Many thanks
Tigg

... and now I know where the crystal is too. Hidden under a massive lump of hot glue
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
That works! thx Daryoon and all!

Sure dont fly like a cp at all. i notised it stops and returns to a hover the moment i let off the cyclic. big difference compared to my blueray 450. easy way to learn nose in.
The canopy strikes got to go!
Do the v911 mods make a big difference in performance?
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Last edited by Dark_Lord; Nov 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:59 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
@tigger
... even better, I just tried the fix with the 9116 TX and it worked too. Looks like my old heli and the ori-TX belong to my daughter now
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:13 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
... my best technical guess would be that the gyro is the most intelligent bit of hardware on the pcb and, if you get in there while it's still trying to tell its ass from its elbow, the other components do what you tell them. When the gyro wakes up, it just throws up its hands and says "what the hell, I'll come along for the ride".

Then again, that could be caused by some of the stuff I used to get up to in my younger days ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:35 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
9x reset timer

I've been told how ,but I'm getting old now. How do i reset the timer on my turnigy 9x. I can get it to stop but then I'm lost.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
I've been told how ,but I'm getting old now. How do i reset the timer on my turnigy 9x. I can get it to stop but then I'm lost.
I don't know about the stock firmware but in er9x I hold the exit button for a second and it resets.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:59 AM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
I don't know about the stock firmware but in er9x I hold the exit button for a second and it resets.
I think you're right. Just don't do that while turning the TX on as I believe it deletes all model memorys!
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:21 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
I asked this same question a while back - press and hold the exit button to reset timer.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
801 Posts
Hey guys,
We've created a "best video" contest at Banggood, enter and you have the opportunity to win A LOT of great prizes! Including the WLToys CP,The V959 quadcopter and the MJX F47 FP Helicopter.
http://www.banggood.com/forum-topic-2119.html
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Hi, I just bought a V911 and its transmitter/controller has so many buttons/operations which i am not sure how to operate. More so i moved from s107g to this V911. On s107g controller the throttle was on left and right was used for moving left/right...on v911 the left one is for throttle and changing direction of heli and right for going forward and backward. Now this is creating an issue for me..i think i will have to practice..but more so i want to get a description of all the functionality of controller and its capability and what i can do to try different things on heli. Are there any threads that specifically talk about this? or any website where i can get that info?

Thank you,
Vicky.
ggnextdoor is offline Find More Posts by ggnextdoor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Is this the direct drop in replacement on the v911 that everyone is talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Eagles-...item3cc51b4f5f
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,329 Posts
Vicky,

The good news is that the V911 radio is about as bone standard as it comes.

The left stick is throttle - and YAW which is rotating the heli.
The right stick is pitch and roll.
pitch is moving forward - backward
Roll (right-left) is how you adjust your hover side to side.

next to the sticks are a bunch of little tabs.. one for each axis, if the helli drifts backwards, you can push up the right vertical tab a bit and that will "trim" the setting so it say better in place.

It is a bit hard to get used to , but this is the general layout of all the bigger radios, and it is your stepping stone to flying any other heli. this is one of the great things about the V911, is works like much bigger helis so you can practice without crashing $1000 when things goes wrong.

Bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnextdoor View Post
Hi, I just bought a V911 and its transmitter/controller has so many buttons/operations which i am not sure how to operate. More so i moved from s107g to this V911. On s107g controller the throttle was on left and right was used for moving left/right...on v911 the left one is for throttle and changing direction of heli and right for going forward and backward. Now this is creating an issue for me..i think i will have to practice..but more so i want to get a description of all the functionality of controller and its capability and what i can do to try different things on heli. Are there any threads that specifically talk about this? or any website where i can get that info?

Thank you,
Vicky.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member