SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Feb 2005
6 Posts
Thanks again mate! You've saved me some time searching for that post there!

I've checked - and mine is a rev 5!

So either the servo problem also happens on rev5's -- or it was just a case of my servo was too tight.
itsallgood is offline Find More Posts by itsallgood
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyLouis View Post
mkipness, Does the 9116 TX remember the inverted controls, or do you have to reprogram it from flight to flight? Some others asked this on another 9116 thread but I didnt see that they got an answer.
Yes everything is saved. What is also nice is that it can save corrections to the rudder. With the stock TX every time I flew, I had to trim the rudder slightly. Then when I turned off the TX the trim setting was lost. Not the case with the 9116 TX.

Max
mkipness is offline Find More Posts by mkipness
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Nov 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkipness View Post
Yes everything is saved. What is also nice is that it can save corrections to the rudder. With the stock TX every time I flew, I had to trim the rudder slightly. Then when I turned off the TX the trim setting was lost. Not the case with the 9116 TX.

Max
OK, Im buying that thing right now. Tired of trimming the rudder every time. Thanks
LumpyLouis is offline Find More Posts by LumpyLouis
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyLouis View Post
OK, Im buying that thing right now. Tired of trimming the rudder every time. Thanks
I found that once I transitioned from hovering to more complex flying (I by no means have mastered anything fancy), my thumbs automatically do the "trimming" on the fly.

If you have more than one corter, it's best to mechanically trim as well as possible, and not rely on any saved trims. Else switching between multiple units is a hassle.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Solved the problem of the noisy Yellow 911. I used felt and double sided tape to line the canopy. It added about 2 grams, handles better than ever.
75 Bravo is offline Find More Posts by 75 Bravo
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
889 Posts
Tx trim setting

1. When changing trim, is just a 'beep' enough to produce a change, or do you need to have the little bar show up?

2. Is there any indication on the LCD that you are running D/R, or you just need to check the servo throws visually?

Thanks in advance!
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
1. When changing trim, is just a 'beep' enough to produce a change, or do you need to have the little bar show up?

2. Is there any indication on the LCD that you are running D/R, or you just need to check the servo throws visually?
A beep makes a change.

When I used the stock TX I would look at the rudder/yaw bars on the screen. With full stick move they only go half way in slow mode.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:29 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post

Thanks in advance!
Hey Lentar

if I remember rightly it changes with every 2nd beep. If you alter the trim on the right stick (assuming mode 2) without giving any gas you'll notice the servo linkages moving a shade. By running D/R I don't know what you mean cos I'm dumb , but if that means standard & advanced settings you need to count the bars when you throw the controls.

cheers
Fin (who is now off to the pub )
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, TN, Nunnelly
Joined Aug 2012
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Fancy telling us exactly what "crapped out"?
Something on the main board started smoking and it just quit running.
GLHS592 is online now Find More Posts by GLHS592
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,842 Posts
Well one day after fitting my new skids (thanks mystman ) my daughter managed to bust my flybar. serves me right, should've waited til my new heli arrived

Anyway, no problem, as I'll pick up my new V911 from customs either tomorrow or Tuesday. Also have 4 new flybars already on the way and have been thinking about using 1 or 2 to try the paddle mods of various lengths.

Checked out the msr paddles on miracle-mart.com and when I give Germany as the destination in the Shipping Estimator I get 3.15€ postage with a delivery time of 6 working days.

Don't know how they can do this from Hong Kong and was just wondering if anyone in Europe has ordered from them and can confirm that they really can delivder in the promised time frame. I'm poised over the "confirm" button at the moment, so if someone gives me an affirmative reply they'll be getting ordered straight away

Cheers guys
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:39 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Well one day after fitting my new skids (thanks mystman ) my daughter managed to bust my flybar. serves me right, should've waited til my new heli arrived

Anyway, no problem, as I'll pick up my new V911 from customs either tomorrow or Tuesday. Also have 4 new flybars already on the way and have been thinking about using 1 or 2 to try the paddle mods of various lengths.

Checked out the msr paddles on miracle-mart.com and when I give Germany as the destination in the Shipping Estimator I get 3.15 postage with a delivery time of 6 working days.

Don't know how they can do this from Hong Kong and was just wondering if anyone in Europe has ordered from them and can confirm that they really can delivder in the promised time frame. I'm poised over the "confirm" button at the moment, so if someone gives me an affirmative reply they'll be getting ordered straight away

Cheers guys
Tigg
if they do I am sure they use regular letter shipping (paddle bag is definitely small enough to do so) - and with a reg letter a 6 working day time frame is absolutely NOT unrealistic ...

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
If you have more than one corter, it's best to mechanically trim as well as possible, and not rely on any saved trims. Else switching between multiple units is a hassle.
Except that there is no mechanical trim for the rudder.
Byrdwyngs is offline Find More Posts by Byrdwyngs
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,785 Posts
OK, well I got my V911 BNF in. I have a 9x and don't have a charger or batteries for this thing. I know in the past we talked about putting an eflight connector on it so I can use what I have. But now I am looking at it I don't see any good way to attach the battery to the holder so I can save $10 and not acquire any more batteries or chargers. Anybody got and detailed pics of what they did?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:27 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
OK, well I got my V911 BNF in. I have a 9x and don't have a charger or batteries for this thing. I know in the past we talked about putting an eflight connector on it so I can use what I have. But now I am looking at it I don't see any good way to attach the battery to the holder so I can save $10 and not acquire any more batteries or chargers. Anybody got and detailed pics of what they did?
This is what I did.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4340
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:26 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,656 Posts
On the yellow V911 I got, all I had to do was cut the wires and add a plug to use a 9958 eflite style battery. It slipped right into the Y911 battery holder snuggly.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier