HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, TN, Nunnelly
Joined Aug 2012
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...f-p-46299.html

... and it says "In Stock, Usually ship in 1 business day". I find the yellow one looks cool too, and is apparently easy to see.

Greetz
Tigg
Been there, done that. My yellow 911 lasted a week. I really liked it at first because it was way more stable than my blue v911. It crapped out on me way too soon.
GLHS592 is offline Find More Posts by GLHS592
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:02 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,638 Posts
I just got my Y911 from Banggood. It flies fine but I seem to have to rebind it every time I want to use it.

That means I can't use my T9x with it. That's a real problem.

I can bind it to my V911 stock TX and then fly it so long as I keep both the heli and the TX powered after I bind...

I'm assuming that this is non-typical behavior. The Y911 took so long to get here, too. Now I have to open a case with Banggood. Ugh.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:19 PM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
870 Posts
It's working as designed. Bind with T9x by holding button while turning on, heli led blinks slowly. Turn off transmitter then on again and led steady and bound.
Rusty Nail is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
It's working as designed. Bind with T9x by holding button while turning on, heli led blinks slowly. Turn off transmitter then on again and led steady and bound.
Well, I'll be darned. That worked.

That's normal behavior for the Y911? Sorry I missed that and had to ask the stupid question. I haven't really been keeping up with this thread so much as I've been flying my other helis more these days. Yuk. I might just swap the RX board with an "official" V911 board sometime just so I have something that I don't have to re-bind every time I want to fly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,063 Posts
Yup. I mentioned it when I got my y911 not too long ago.

You quickly get used to it.

In fact, it's much quicker than waiting on the stock TX to finish it's binding and beeps.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,638 Posts
It looks like this guy can also be modded pretty easily to take Eflite batteries. Did you find that to be the case as well?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:47 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,063 Posts
Yes. I like it's skids the best. Solves the skid problem for me. The v911 and Solo pro skids, I break easily.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
The Y911 is a bit more stable. When you let go of the right stick, it stops on it's own (rather than needing back stick to arrest the forward motion).
I started out with a blue/white V911 and after learning with it while demolishing it I bought a white Y911. Very stable, but like you say above, it really auto corrects. A matter of fact, when flying forward fast and stopping it tries to auto correct and stop so well it bounces all over. While this was nice for a while and I've had a lot of fun with it I've grown tired of the way the gyro works. It's probably time to get a micro 6 channel where I can actually control all aspects of the flight.
mkipness is offline Find More Posts by mkipness
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyLouis View Post
Hi, Im a longtime lurker and took the (shallow) plunge on the V911. It is my first rc helicopter and after some minor adjustments and about 25 flights im really starting to enjoy this thing.

I recently got an Amazon gift card for my birthday and im looking to put a good $20-30 more dollars into this thing. Ive already ordered a couple 150MAh batteries and some replacement links but Im looking for some veteran upgrade advice. Ive read through and a lot of people have done a lot of different things with upgraded gears, bravo motors, swashplates, flybars, etc. Im just looking for stability and maybe some extended flight times. I fly mostly indoors but have had a lot of fun the 2 or 3 times i took it outside. PS Im reasonable with a soldering iron. Thanks!
Rather than bother with mod'ing the TX I would buy a Double Horse 9116 TX for $7 + $4 shipping from hobbypartz.com. I won't ever touch my V911 TX again after using the 9116. It takes a short set up of reversing rudder and elevator, and then you can program in rates for everything. It really makes the V/Y911 fly much better and in my case with the Y911 it flies faster forward now at the 100% rate on the controller. It binds exactly like the stock TX. Put the battery in the heli, turn on the TX and wait for a few beeps.
mkipness is offline Find More Posts by mkipness
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:16 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkipness View Post
Rather than bother with mod'ing the TX I would buy a Double Horse 9116 TX for $7 + $4 shipping from hobbypartz.com. I won't ever touch my V911 TX again after using the 9116. It takes a short set up of reversing rudder and elevator, and then you can program in rates for everything. It really makes the V/Y911 fly much better and in my case with the Y911 it flies faster forward now at the 100% rate on the controller. It binds exactly like the stock TX. Put the battery in the heli, turn on the TX and wait for a few beeps.
That's OK if you live in the States, but 35 bucks shipping to Germany??? I'd be cheaper buying a FlySky 9X

Anybody know of any European suppliers offering a good deal on this TX? I can't find it anywhere for under about 35€.
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:04 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,567 Posts
Well it had to happen after all the arguments my helis been having with wardrobes and plants and stuff Managed to bust the battery wire (old style contacts) right where it comes out of the skids. Good opportunity to hone my soldering skills

Got the contact out ok, but a bit of the wire is stuck in the hole where it comes through the skid and doesn't want to come out. 0.5mm drill bit? Or is there an easier way to remove it?

Greetz
Tigg
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Well it had to happen after all the arguments my helis been having with wardrobes and plants and stuff Managed to bust the battery wire (old style contacts) right where it comes out of the skids. Good opportunity to hone my soldering skills
When mine broke I didn't bother taking out the contact. Instead I just soldered to the top then glued the wire to the frame with a small bit of hot glue.

LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
When mine broke I didn't bother taking out the contact. Instead I just soldered to the top then glued the wire to the frame with a small bit of hot glue.
... now if I was clever I'd have asked the question BEFORE I took the contact out
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:16 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,567 Posts
Quote:

Got the contact out ok, but a bit of the wire is stuck in the hole where it comes through the skid and doesn't want to come out. 0.5mm drill bit? Or is there an easier way to remove it?

Greetz
Tigg
Done it now. Got the hole freed up but then bust the contact trying to put it back in. Anybody got a fix for this, or do I now have to buy new skids with the contacts attached. In all honesty I'm reckoning with the latter, in which case I'll just have to look for a LHS so I don't have to either wait 6 weeks or pay 3 million€ shipping

Oh well, these little things are sent to try us...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, TX, Pearland
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
I have what may be a silly question but I need to ask. Im trying to get more into Helis and need some guidance. Let me begin by giving some background. Several years ago, I build and learned to "HOVER" a raptor 30 equipped with a "Co-Pilot" Due to the cost and unstable nature, I am afraid to begin forward flight. SO, I recently picked up a V911 to learn on. Im not a fraid to crash it and sometimes do. I do forward flight and a few basic stunts with it fine. I also have a T-Rex 450 I want to learn to fly. The V911 is self leveling and very forgiving. What can I expect from the Trex 450? Will it be as hard to fly as the Raptor? Will it be as easy to fly as the V911? Something in the middle? I really wish it was like the V911
k5nwz is online now Find More Posts by k5nwz