HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:50 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post

Check to make sure the collar with the 4 balls on it that sits on top of the swash plate is seated all the say down into the swash plate bearing.
That collar can pop up and out of the swash plate from crashes, and when that happens the heli will not fly correctly, and you'll need lots of trim. Just carefully push the collar with the 4 balls back down to seat it back into the swash plate bearing.
I agree with you.if you can not adjust these trims well,you can't keep the heli fly steady take off at all.When the body lean left,you should adjust the crab trim right,and when the body lean right ,you should adjust the crab trim left.The backwards and forwards adjusting is the same way.If the flight can't last long,make sure that the battery are charged fully.The most important is that you'd better operate your lovely bird after adjusting all the trims well.If you do not adjust it well at first and hard crash many times,I can't make sure that your heli without any damage.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazer51 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation, jjacks.

I'll try to get my order cancelled by Banggood. If they credit my PayPal account, I'll order from the link you provided.
I asked Banggood for a refund.

I got a notice from PayPal, a few hours after my email request to Banggood, that my credit card charge had been refunded.

Although I haven't received any goods from them, yet. Banggood's service seems pretty responsive. I'll look into purchasing items from them after the Chinese New Year.
Phazer51 is offline Find More Posts by Phazer51
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Quote:
I've read that you shouldn't store the battery fully charged up for long periods. Maybe that is what happened. Only way to know is to get a new battery and try it to see if it fixes the problem.
The problem doesn't lie with the batteries. I used the same batteries on my second V911 and it managed to return about 5 minutes of flight.

And I do not have a spare main motor to try out as well. Do motors wear out that easily now? Mine doesn't even clock more than 20 flights. I had my Solo Pro close to 2 years already, clocking countless of flight time and had not needed to change the main motor yet.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
So I just got a shipping update. Hopefully it will make it out before the holiday. One other thing i was wondering, is it feasible to say that a solo pro landing skid can be retrofitted to this heli? They seem to be very similar, and may be a light modifiable fit. In that case, it would make it easier to source additional battery options from the solo pro threads.
Jabaski is offline Find More Posts by Jabaski
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:13 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,191 Posts
Drip some lubricant down the motor's shaft. It lubes up the bushing and does help.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:30 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Drip some lubricant down the motor's shaft. It lubes up the bushing and does help.
Motor shaft? You mean from the part where the motor pinion gear is? I only have WD40. Is that suitable as lubricant for the motor?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFMeouch View Post
Motor shaft? You mean from the part where the motor pinion gear is? I only have WD40. Is that suitable as lubricant for the motor?
Yes, from the pinion side with the heli upside down for a minute or so.
Rotate the gear too, to allow the lubricant to ingress.
Use Triflow or bearing oil when possible, but wd40 is better than nothing.
It's main use is as a water displacer.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
I wouldn't use WD40 as it is so volatile and will be dry in very little time.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:49 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Thanks guys for the tip. I'll probably test it out with WD40 and see if it does help. If it doesn't correct the problem, I may have to replace the main motor.

Just curious, is there any way I can replace the main motor without soldering? I have very limited experience with soldering and the last time I tried to solder wires, I ended up burning my circuit board.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:33 AM
Joined Mar 2009
238 Posts
Quote:
The problem doesn't lie with the batteries. I used the same batteries on my second V911 and it managed to return about 5 minutes of flight.

And I do not have a spare main motor to try out as well. Do motors wear out that easily now? Mine doesn't even clock more than 20 flights. I had my Solo Pro close to 2 years already, clocking countless of flight time and had not needed to change the main motor yet.
Some motors use "brushes" that are just thin strips of metal (Walkera 4#3B). Others, (Blade MCPX) have motors with proper, carbon brushes that will last a long time.

Take one of yours apart and let us know if they've gone the cheap route here.
Andy-W is offline Find More Posts by Andy-W
Last edited by Andy-W; Jan 16, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:39 AM
Joined Mar 2009
238 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys for the tip. I'll probably test it out with WD40 and see if it does help. If it doesn't correct the problem, I may have to replace the main motor.

Just curious, is there any way I can replace the main motor without soldering? I have very limited experience with soldering and the last time I tried to solder wires, I ended up burning my circuit board.
Clip the wires from the old motor. Install the new motor and clip those wires. Then, solder the wires from the new motor to the wires coming off the board. Much easier to solder wires together.

But that means you need some very small heat shrink tubing. OR, stagger where you clip the wires to prevent them from shorting out, one to the other. A dab of silicone glue on each solder joint would work, you can even "marry" the two wires together.
Andy-W is offline Find More Posts by Andy-W
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:53 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Nice funnels. I have about the same indoor flying space and the vid really shows off V911 agility & fast piro rate vs 9958. I assume both helis are stock without mods.
yes, both helis are stock. the v911 yaws a couple of times faster than the 9958, it allows for much harder flying.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:58 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
yes, both helis are stock. the v911 yaws a couple of times faster than the 9958, it allows for much harder flying.
Did you have the yaw set to the high rate by pushing the left chromed button on the TX? Even on low yaw rate, it spins like a manic. .... LOL
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 16, 2012, 02:45 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Did you have the yaw set to the high rate by pushing the left chromed button on the TX? Even on low yaw rate, it spins like a manic. .... LOL
i am using 9x for both helis and both were running at full rates
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 16, 2012, 02:51 AM
Joined Sep 2007
478 Posts
jameschen072

Ok, so you have a nice stable. Can you comment on compatibility of batteries and chargers?

Will any Turnigy (V1, V2, TREX) fit into the V911 and it's charger unmodified?
If I bought the battery connector, could any of the Turnigy be reworked?
I'm really eager to get something with a bit more punch that the stock battery.

Any suggestions, anyone...

Originally Posted by Thx1326
Can anyone verify / confirm for certain if either of these two batteries will fit in the v911 copter and battery charger?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19419

and

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18792
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC