HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:28 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
Exactly. My 2 had much too much play when the screw was seated in its intended hole: about 3mm
Are you certain the collar was installed properly at the factory? One side has a ridge. That ridge needs to be facing down, towards the bearing because it should rest on the inner bearing.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:30 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The Solo Pro never has this problem. So why does the v911 swashplate, which is a clone of the Solo Pro, subjected to this problem? Odd.
Probably due to manufacturing and/or design tolerances. Mine only has this problem from hard crashes.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:35 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
55 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, jjacks.

I'll try to get my order cancelled by Banggood. If they credit my PayPal account, I'll order from the link you provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacks View Post
No, you don't have to. I just ordered one from here -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/250967748634...84.m1439.l2649
Phazer51 is offline Find More Posts by Phazer51
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Are you certain the collar was installed properly at the factory? One side has a ridge. That ridge needs to be facing down, towards the bearing because it should rest on the inner bearing.
Yeah it was in the proper hole and with proper orientation but was not even close to resting on the bearing; I just looked again and on one it's about 3/4ths screw-head-width away and about 1/2 on the other. They must not use a jig to make those holes or they have different jigs.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,459 Posts
Heh. Must be a bad shaft.

I don't know if anybody weigh the v911 yet. I assume it's heavier than the Solo Pro? If you think it has good performance now, you'll be pleasantly surprise if you shave more weight from it. Every gram lost is considerable with these micro heli. Time for a CF main shaft.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Heh. Must be a bad shaft.

I don't know if anybody weigh the v911 yet. I assume it's heavier than the Solo Pro? If you think it has good performance now, you'll be pleasantly surprise if you shave more weight from it. Every gram lost is considerable with these micro heli. Time for a CF main shaft.
It's around 31~32 grams with the battery installed.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:18 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Here's a photo that may illustrate the technique that was recommended to me (after the fact). This is what I would try 1st and not actually try and glue the top to the bearing.

You are basically making the top piece (the piece that fits inside the bearing) a little larger, to insure a tighter fit.

Click Photo to enlarge
Hi, my swash-plate finally started to seperate again... after glueing, and many crashes! I just love FFF tho.... so it's quite ok!

My heli, also seemed to become quite SLOW in FF
After reading that another poster replaced his with a SOLOPRO swash...
I swapped-out the stock swash last night with a SP swash... and re-installed the "swash spring mod"

I also replaced the rotor head with another one, the new one was slightly better, but still out of true...with a bit of adjusting....it's pretty straight.

I don't know exactly what happened.... but she's Quick! and does these Lovely Left, slightly-swooping turns... like a fighter plane!
I like it alot like this.... a bit less stable flying... but whippy fast! Keeps me on my toes...

When additional parts arrive I will try this combo:
Alu swash, Carbon main shaft, Carbon Flybar. But it's awesome for now!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations on finding the source of and eliminating vibration? I can actually see the battery as a blur in flight due to excessive vibration. So far I've just tried replacing all the parts from main gear up through flybar and turning them around 180* where possible as with the flybar.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Hi, my swash-plate finally started to seperate again... after glueing, and many crashes! I just love FFF tho.... so it's quite ok!

My heli, also seemed to become quite SLOW in FF
After reading that another poster replaced his with a SOLOPRO swash...
I swapped-out the stock swash last night with a SP swash... and re-installed the "swash spring mod"
When you say solopro swash, which Solo Pro are you talking about...
Seems like there are 4-5 different Solo Pros (original, II, V2, V3, 100, etc...) do they all use the same model swash?
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:05 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,459 Posts
There are only two generations of Solo Pro.

Generation 1: Solo Pro I and II are the same. Difference is just the canopy color. Yes, Nine Eagles is lame with their naming conventions.

Generation 2: Solo Pro V1 and V2 are the same. Difference is just the canopy color.

The updated Generation 2 switched from "banana" style links to the "o-shaped" links.

Picture of generation 1 links:

Picture of generation 2 links:

The only other difference is a newer revision of the RX board that got rid of some default mix behavior. Also the battery tray is now keyed in the generation 2 versions to prevent incorrect insertion. Lastly, there is a connector between the battery tray and RX board to allow for easy replacement of broken skids.

Each of the above generation of Solo Pro uses the exact same Swashplate. Which is the same design the V911 swashplate is modeled after. In other words, Solo Pro I, II, V1, V2 are all the same. That includes the rebrands such as the Revelle Proto Max.

Lastly, the Solo Pro 100 is an entirely new model. It's a flybarless, collective pitched heli (CP). It can do 3D and inverted flight. Just like the Blade mCPX or Genius CP if you are familiar with those two helis. Because the Solo Pro 100 is a CP heli, it of course uses an entirely different swashplate design.

Hope that clears it up.

The pictures above was taken from the excellent Solo Pro/Bravo SX FAQ. It's maintained by forum member Solo Pro and is an invaluable resource. Many of it's help/tips can be applied to the v911 since it's so similar in design to the Solo Pro. Always refer to that first if you have any question since the Solo Pro history is much deeper than the new v911.
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 15, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
There are only two generations of Solo Pro.

Generation 1: Solo Pro I and II are the same. Difference is just the canopy color. Yes, Nine Eagles is lame with their naming conventions.

Generation 2: Solo Pro V1 and V2 are the same. Difference is just the canopy color.

The updated Generation 2 switched from "banana" style links to the "o-shaped" links.
Thanks Daryoon,

Been trying to get some information on this topic for a few days now.
If I understand you right, a swashplate for Gen1 or Gen2 Solo Pro (Solo Pro V1, V2, I and II) should be able to be used on the V911.

I've seen parts advertised various places for Solo Pro. I guess if they don't specify which Solo Pro, I can maybe assume its a part that is compatible Gen1 or Gen2.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:58 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
300 Posts
I have a problem with my first of two V911. It has lost power considerably and suffers from a reduced flight time of about 3 minutes only. When placed with a freshly charged battery, it requires more than 50% throttle to hover. It used to hover nicely with less than 50% throttle. This issue appeared after I stopped playing for about a week.

Strangely, the same thing happened to my 2 GW 9958. Is there some explanation to this? I never had this problem with other helis. Also, my batteries are freshly charged. I've even tried with brand new batteries and still got the same result.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:10 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
TFMeouch: Do you have any spare main motors to swap out?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:13 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFMeouch View Post
I have a problem with my first of two V911. It has lost power considerably and suffers from a reduced flight time of about 3 minutes only. When placed with a freshly charged battery, it requires more than 50% throttle to hover. It used to hover nicely with less than 50% throttle. This issue appeared after I stopped playing for about a week.

Strangely, the same thing happened to my 2 GW 9958. Is there some explanation to this?
I never had this problem with other helis. Also, my batteries are freshly charged. I've even tried with brand new batteries and still got the same result.
I've read that you shouldn't store the battery fully charged up for long periods. Maybe that is what happened. Only way to know is to get a new battery and try it to see if it fixes the problem.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:18 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
the girlfriend took the shots... taking them myself would haven been impossible in what seemd like a hurricane

also took a video of the 9958 and the v911 flying indoors. can you see the difference between them :O
it is quite long and boring to watch, skip to the end for deleted scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDCjocEl8_A
Nice funnels. I have about the same indoor flying space and the vid really shows off V911 agility & fast piro rate vs 9958. I assume both helis are stock without mods.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol