SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:14 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
;
I will reverse them tomorrow, and see how she fly's.
The fact that you (at least appeared to) have them backwards and the heli still flew well is indicative that lift is not an essential element of paddles, but rather stability while reducing weight.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Nov 05, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:19 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
I built a paddle flybar today, using the stock flybar, and extreme paddles for a Blade 120SR.I had these left over. The weight seems about the same as the stock shorty flybar.Nice backed turns, and better FF then before.No flybar strikes, and no more lost weights.
After losing a few weights I put one layer of scotch tape around each end. Cheapest solution yet.

:-)
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,350 Posts
Quote:
;
I will reverse them tomorrow, and see how she fly's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Do you maybe have those on backwards?
I flipped the paddles, but there was not much change in flight.I noticed I typed backed instead of banked.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:41 PM
rebuilder
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2012
112 Posts
Hey everybody...
I am rebuilding my V911. Getting a Bravo SX main motor.
Wondering if there is a good upgrade tail motor or stock is preferred?
Is there a "cheapest" reliable seller?
Also, what are the Hobby King equivalents. I do not see SX on there sight thought Solo Pro FP100 looks close...

Great little copter! Great thread. Thanks M.O.
boxfan is online now Find More Posts by boxfan
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan View Post
Hey everybody...
I am rebuilding my V911. Getting a Bravo SX main motor.
Wondering if there is a good upgrade tail motor or stock is preferred?
Is there a "cheapest" reliable seller?
Also, what are the Hobby King equivalents. I do not see SX on there sight thought Solo Pro FP100 looks close...

Great little copter! Great thread. Thanks M.O.
FP100 = v911 !
What about this complete tail unit ($2.75)
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...t-p-49036.html

This should also fit ($1.99)
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Be...0-p-49270.html

I've just checked some cheap 6x14mm motors (10pcs $9.88) I bought several weeks ago (rahter using them for a diy quad):
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Model...581562615.html

If you need the short version 6x10mm :
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...581560393.html

Or you check myrcmart.com : http://www.myrcmart.com
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Welp, two part acrylic glue doesn't work for fixing delicate broken bits. Grips the plastic very well but it's not as strong as the plastic. Smells terrible, like burning eyes and "take the skin off your face" bad.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:55 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Welp, two part acrylic glue doesn't work for fixing delicate broken bits. Grips the plastic very well but it's not as strong as the plastic. Smells terrible, like burning eyes and "take the skin off your face" bad.
so just glue it with regular CA and stick a CF tube over it for stabilization - thats at least what I did with my mCPX skids (before airtime ...)
(Ok, wont work ALL the time, depending on where it actually breaks, but a lot lot of times its the best way I have encountered so far ... .)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,350 Posts
deleted
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:27 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
so just glue it with regular CA and stick a CF tube over it for stabilization - thats at least what I did with my mCPX skids (before airtime ...)
(Ok, wont work ALL the time, depending on where it actually breaks, but a lot lot of times its the best way I have encountered so far ... .)
Yeah, my problem is that it broke right at the corner where it both curves and gets wide so a rigid tube won't fit over it. I think for my next try I'm going to put some more of that acrylic stuff on there then shrink tube over top.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:28 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,389 Posts
My experience with gluing the broken skids was bad. They will keep breaking no matter what type of glue I used. I also tried heat shrink wrap but it wasn't perfect. The easiest way for me is to buy replacement skids. The new version skids are tougher.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
My new TX for my 9116 arrived which was to replace one I had dropped causing the antenna to break off. Well the 9116 is not really worth flying now that I have the F45 so I decided to bind the 9116 transmitter to my white V911. Boy does it make a difference. One thing I believe that is different between the white V911 and the WL Toys V911s is the white doesn't seem to have as much forward movement (unless I'm imagining this). Well once you configure the 9116 TX and set the elevator to 100%, boy does it fly fast. Plus you can then adjust your rudder to less sensitive and everything is saved in the TX. I also had to correct my rudder stlightly each time I binded with the default TX, but now I have saved the correction in the new TX.

Great TX for $11 ($7 + shipping)
mkipness is offline Find More Posts by mkipness
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:00 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
My experience with gluing the broken skids was bad. They will keep breaking no matter what type of glue I used. I also tried heat shrink wrap but it wasn't perfect. The easiest way for me is to buy replacement skids. The new version skids are tougher.
I gave up trying to fix broken skids, especially the WL toys versions, which are super thin. I fly with skids usually severed at the front.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:09 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,389 Posts
You should try the new ones. I have not broken those.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:25 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,277 Posts
Use heat shrink that is slightly thinner diameter than you need, open the diameter a little with needle nose tweezers, place on the skid, use a tiny drop of can to fix the break and then slide the heat shrink over. The heat shrink will have a tighter fit once its heated.

Or just buy the Helios skids which are tougher.
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:31 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,075 Posts
On my Nano I have used a small section of 14 ga stranded wire insulation with the wire removed. This is more substantial than heat shrink and can be CA to the skid. I had to try several different wires to find one that would just slip over the skid. Only problem is it is the weight but, it is a very strong splint that will conform to a curve.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie