HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:09 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I had a hunch HK carries them, just too lazy to look. Ordered one together with other 'needed' items.
I have two V911 receivers with dead gyros, so I'm considering "needing" one of these for a conversion to RC:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...91mm_Span.html

And maybe one of these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...92mm_Span.html

Or this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Bi_plane.html

Did anyone here do a airplane with the V911 brick and motor?

Not sure what else I "need" from HK though. My helicopters use the old style battery and I have seven of those, so I'm set for a while.

I bork a flybar today which is the first thing I've borken apart from gyros and a Esky Hughes 300 canopy (, but my wife bork that). That again raises the question where to buy the new style flybars. I have one old style (heavier) flybar, but never installed it on a helicopter. How much difference does it make to performance? Has anyone tried a lighter flybar than the stock new one? I'm thinking of removing the weights from my old style one and experimenting with little screws as ballast. Don't have scales though, so no way of checking the weight of the flybar.

Correction: I have borken some skids too...

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Last edited by nagromnewo; Nov 02, 2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:14 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
I have two V911 receivers with dead gyros, so I'm considering "needing" one of these for a conversion to RC:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...91mm_Span.html

And maybe one of these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...92mm_Span.html

Or this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Bi_plane.html

Did anyone here do a airplane with the V911 brick and motor?

Not sure what else I "need" from HK though. My helicopters use the old style battery and I have seven of those, so I'm set for a while.

I bork a flybar today which is the first thing I've borken apart from gyros and a Esky Hughes 300 canopy (, but my wife bork that). That again raises the question where to buy the new style flybars. I have one old style (heavier) flybar, but never installed it on a helicopter. How much difference does it make to performance? Has anyone tried a lighter flybar than the stock new one? I'm thinking of removing the weights from my old style one and experimenting with little screws as ballast. Don't have scales though, so no way of checking the weight of the flybar.

Owen
Ever thought of putting paddles on your flybar? Or using the Xtreme CF flybar? (I know, a lot of people complain that it would be brittle and easy to break ... well, mine wasnt and it took me probably 100 flights with far more than this in crashes to finally break it. Plus, whatever I would do, it was impossible to even provoke a flybar strike ... just sayin ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Ever thought of putting paddles on your flybar? Or using the Xtreme CF flybar? (I know, a lot of people complain that it would be brittle and easy to break ... well, mine wasnt and it took me probably 100 flights with far more than this in crashes to finally break it. Plus, whatever I would do, it was impossible to even provoke a flybar strike ... just sayin ...)
I put paddles on a stock flybar and it changes everything! I just need to balance it better and make sure the paddles are centered. It shakes quite a bit now, but flies forward crazy fast!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Feb 2010
27 Posts
So, is there a secret to getting the batteries onto the heli (the old style batteries)? Or am I just being a punk trying not to break the thing?
NeonFlak is offline Find More Posts by NeonFlak
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:48 PM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak View Post
So, is there a secret to getting the batteries onto the heli (the old style batteries)? Or am I just being a punk trying not to break the thing?
They are a little tough at first but it does get easier as time goes by.
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:23 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak View Post
This is what I do:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13427
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
418 Posts
Motor replacement.

I am in the process of dismantling my V911 for a motor replacement. Probably way ahead of schedule as the replacement is not here yet. I am at the point of taking the old motor out. There is a small screw through the PCB board holding the little bracket which holds the motor down. With the screw out I have tried to move the bracket but it does not want to come out. Am I being to gentle or is there a trick to remove it?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:37 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
I am in the process of dismantling my V911 for a motor replacement. Probably way ahead of schedule as the replacement is not here yet. I am at the point of taking the old motor out. There is a small screw through the PCB board holding the little bracket which holds the motor down. With the screw out I have tried to move the bracket but it does not want to come out. Am I being to gentle or is there a trick to remove it?
You are approaching it correctly. The motor retainer slides on the frame's mounting post of the PCB. A screw holds the PCB to the frame and locks the retainer in place. You might have to use a little bit more force to separate the retainer from the frame. However, we have read that some manufacturers are known to glue parts together, although I really don't see the point of using glue in this area.

Worse comes to worst, just pull the retainer back enough to slide the motor out. Clip the retain back a bit if you have to. If you broke the retainer, it is really not the end of the world. You helicopter will fly fine without it. Those are you options. HTH
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
You are approaching it correctly. The motor retainer slides on the frame's mounting post of the PCB. A screw holds the PCB to the frame and locks the retainer in place. You might have to use a little bit more force to separate the retainer from the frame. However, we have read that some manufacturers are known to glue parts together, although I really don't see the point of using glue in this area.

Worse comes to worst, just pull the retainer back enough to slide the motor out. Clip the retain back a bit if you have to. If you broke the retainer, it is really not the end of the world. You helicopter will fly fine without it. Those are you options. HTH
Thank you, I will have another go at it.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Anyone else having problems with Banggood? I order stuff that is in stock, it sits in "processing" for a week, then it goes on backorder. Then it will toggle between processing and backorder as individual items in the order go in and out of stock. I mean what's going on guys.

And very often it seems people that order after me get the same stuff I ordered shipped before I do. Their order system is screwy.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,755 Posts
I was going to build a micro airliner from dynamic foamy with a v911 brick, but the profile of the board is too high to slide in the plane with the servos. Its a small profile pusher plane that uses a tail motor and rotor to power it and they use eflite bricks for it which are lower profile with the linear servos.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:01 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,554 Posts
LittleMo, My last order from banggood took 27 days, and was defective when I got it, then they replied that they could not help me with it. There was also no tracking from the start. Late nite on Nov 1, I ordered a V929 bnf and some parts from Myrcmart. before 10 am Nov 2, I had a tracking number and it said package was at hongkong post. We will see if it gets here quicker than Banggood. I did pay $4+ more for the bnf and parts once you add in shipping, but the bnf comes with a battery(which I don't really need) and another set of blades. If I ordered the battery and blades at banggood, it would make the banggood order cost about $5 more than the Myrcmart order. My last order from Myrcmart was a few months ago, I don't remember how long it took, but I also don't remember having any problems with it. I do know I have had problems with at least 2 banggood orders, prompting me to try myrcmart again and scrutinize the prices closer. I paid 17.70 for shipping, total still actually less than banggood for same parts. theres no such thing as free shipping. And myrcmart at least claims to test their helis before they ship so you won't get a defective product.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
You need to take both screws out - or at least loosen the bottom one.
Then you pull the PCB forward and the motor holder will slide off it's post.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:55 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,782 Posts
Hey guys,

still waiting on my v911, but meantime my e-rix 100 pro (same heli, branded for German market) has started to turn anticlockwise where it always hovered well up til now. I've noticed that the tail rotor doesn't always spin when I give throttle - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Is this a sign of an impending tail motor death, or could it be something else?

Greetz

Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:01 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hey guys,

still waiting on my v911, but meantime my e-rix 100 pro (same heli, branded for German market) has started to turn anticlockwise where it always hovered well up til now. I've noticed that the tail rotor doesn't always spin when I give throttle - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Is this a sign of an impending tail motor death, or could it be something else?

Greetz

Tigg
Hi Tigg,

First off I would have a good look at your tail rotor and check there is no hair or fluff trapped making it difficult for the motor to turn.

Also check you main rotor shaft for something similar

I would always check these before considering new motors

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft