HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
What is a 9958? Is the new battery bigger or somthing? I have a lot of the older batteries, will they work on the new?
9958 is referring to xieda 9958 helicopter, which is very similar to the v911.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Feb 2010
27 Posts
I searched, possibly not good enough, just found out my wife bought me the V911. Was wondering where I could get more/better batteries for it.

Thanks
NeonFlak is offline Find More Posts by NeonFlak
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:41 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
[QUOTE=NeonFlak;23159691]I searched, possibly not good enough, just found out my wife bought me the V911.

that's great
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
@Santley, 9958 refers to the Great Wall Xieda 9958. It is a fixed pitch single rotor 4ch helicopter modeled after the Blade MSR, just like the V911 modeled after the Solo Pro. It is, therefore a similar helicopter of the same class as the V911, yet it has some quite different characteristics. If you want to learn more about it, I suggest that you visit the 9958 thread.

The 9958 uses Eflite/Parkzone batteries, something that is very easy to find. So much so, that I have converted my V911 to accept the same kind of batteries, So I could share batteries between the two models.

@NeonFlak, to answer your question, the old V911 battery is kind of proprietary, and the new V911, although uses the mCPx type plug, is not the main stream. To get better selection, and easy source for batteries, consider also converting it to accept 9958 style batteries.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:48 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak View Post
I searched, possibly not good enough, just found out my wife bought me the V911. Was wondering where I could get more/better batteries for it.

Thanks

proprietary WLToys batteries:
http://www.banggood.com/buy/V911%20b...0-0_page1.html

(however, it is getting harder and harder to get batteries directly from china ...)

Anyway, I am pretty much in agreement with what helipad said: if you want it "easy", see that you can mod your V911 to accept mSR style (that is the same as for blade mcx, mcxe, msr, msrx, xieda 9958, SH6032 and probably a whole boat load of other helis!) - however, this means soldering (which is why I wont do that myself ... ..)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Feb 2010
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
@Santley, 9958 refers to the Great Wall Xieda 9958. It is a fixed pitch single rotor 4ch helicopter modeled after the Blade MSR, just like the V911 modeled after the Solo Pro. It is, therefore a similar helicopter of the same class as the V911, yet it has some quite different characteristics. If you want to learn more about it, I suggest that you visit the 9958 thread.

The 9958 uses Eflite/Parkzone batteries, something that is very easy to find. So much so, that I have converted my V911 to accept the same kind of batteries, So I could share batteries between the two models.

@NeonFlak, to answer your question, the old V911 battery is kind of proprietary, and the new V911, although uses the mCPx type plug, is not the main stream. To get better selection, and easy source for batteries, consider also converting it to accept 9958 style batteries.

Is there a write up or anything on converting the V911?
NeonFlak is offline Find More Posts by NeonFlak
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:11 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,644 Posts
NeonFlak. Nothing to it. Just solder the UM plug to the RX board or skids and you're ready to use those style batteries.

Let us know if there's something specific you're unclear about.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonFlak View Post

Thanks
If it's an RTF, it probably will come with two 120mAH or 130mAH.
The 130's have a higher C rating - and thus more pep than the 120's

Those are fine, but 150mAH are available.
They give substantially longer flight time. And maybe even more pep.
Be careful not to overheat the motors by letting them cool between long flights.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html

I bought some from a US seller on Ebay. Cost about twice as much, but had em inside a week.

I got some 145mAH, but was very disappointed in both peppiness and flight time.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:26 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
proprietary WLToys batteries:
http://www.banggood.com/buy/V911%20b...0-0_page1.html

(however, it is getting harder and harder to get batteries directly from china ...)

Anyway, I am pretty much in agreement with what helipad said: if you want it "easy", see that you can mod your V911 to accept mSR style (that is the same as for blade mcx, mcxe, msr, msrx, xieda 9958, SH6032 and probably a whole boat load of other helis!) - however, this means soldering (which is why I wont do that myself ... ..)
E2, with all the helis and quads that you own, how can you refrain from having to do any soldering all this time? You must never break anything, or have an unlimited budget for flying toys.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
E2, with all the helis and quads that you own, how can you refrain from having to do any soldering all this time? You must never break anything, or have an unlimited budget for flying toys.
...or many good friends with soldering abilities
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:03 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
I know some do not care for Tmart but they seem to have the new style battery in stock now in the US warehouse for $3.63 each along with the new style skids.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter

...or many good friends with soldering abilities
Like Meatloaf said " 2 out of 3 ain't bad"... luckily I only lack the unlimited financing (or I would be "worse" off than I already am in my addiction ... ...)
[sadly, lately it is to the largest extent "door 1" though, because I have way more birds than time ... but I am in the process of changing this ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:04 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
I know some do not care for Tmart but they seem to have the new style battery in stock now in the US warehouse for $3.63 each along with the new style skids.
The only thing missing now is the female battery connector, for people who have the old style and want to convert. Better yet, they should start selling new version BNF's.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
The only thing missing now is the female battery connector, for people who have the old style and want to convert. Better yet, they should start selling new version BNF's.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

Just cut them off and you got 6 female plugs with about 1.5inch wire for 20 cents a piece (of course, you need to "need" something else to make the shipping worthwhile ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:32 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

Just cut them off and you got 6 female plugs with about 1.5inch wire for 20 cents a piece (of course, you need to "need" something else to make the shipping worthwhile ...)
I had a hunch HK carries them, just too lazy to look. Ordered one together with other 'needed' items.