SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13290
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13311

I can't comment on longer life/quality. It was used when I put it in (I bought 1 used bnf, 1 new bnf, 1 used rtf, an 9958, and a lot of misc parts from someone on the forum here) and I have only had it in for 3 weeks. It has more oomph like the Bravo -probably a little more (more teeth). When I put in a fresh battery I have to be careful because it will get to the ceiling fast and easily. It's very quite and smooth, and it's cheaper. If it last as long, or close, as the stock it is what I will be continuing to use.

I haven't used the tail motor yet. The wires are so beat up I don't know if I will be able to. I will try when the time comes (looks like a perfect fit) and post back, but again, it's used.
Thanks. Keep us posted.

(Sorry for asking the same question a second time. Somehow in the 1300+ posts, I missed your previous detailed reply to me on virtually the same question...)
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Hello folks,

First of all, sorry for my English. I'm from France, and the only thing we are good with our tongues is not languages but French kiss.

I have some noob questions: my girlfriend offers me last month a small Silverlit Sky Dragon (4ch, Bi rotor). A windy day, he flown too much and disapear in the forest.

Now i'm looking for a 4ch FP heli. A cheap one, that i can throw in every wall of my flat without spending all my money and time in replacement parts.

Of course i discover some good helis: Solo Pro 270 was my favourite (and still), but i read everywhere that it's fragile and break easily.

So, i heard about the v911 and the Hobbyking FP100. So here's my questions:

1. Is SP 270 a really easy breakable heli?
2.Is there's a difference between the V911 and the FP100? Which one should i buy?
3.Where to buy? Is there's any good recommanded website?

Thanks for your help, guys.
mydriaze is offline Find More Posts by mydriaze
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:15 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydriaze View Post

1. Is SP 270 a really easy breakable heli?
2.Is there's a difference between the V911 and the FP100? Which one should i buy?
3.Where to buy? Is there's any good recommanded website?

Thanks for your help, guys.
1. Not sure, but it is expensive.
2.They are the same.
3.RTF here http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...)-p-36779.html
3A. BNF here http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Re...)-p-39473.html and here http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...f-p-46299.html
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:27 PM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
9116-26 issue

I got the 9116 tx, and I'm having hard time getting it to bind.
The throttle doesn't go all the way down (display shows one bar when the stick is down).
What I do is switch it to mode1 push the right stick all the way down (it binds instantly), switch to mode 2, and apply trim to cut throttle. After this it works fine, but I have to repeat this each time (tried playing with the thrim and sub-thrim and it didn't help). Any suggestions?
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:51 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
Played with my T9x settings for my V911 and set the elev/aile ranges to 125%. I tried setting the multiplier in the er9x mixer to 125% as well but found that I had "dead" movement at the extreme ends of the sticks--that is, the servos would go to their extreme positions and stop even though I still had some stick travel to go. So, I set the multipliers back to 100% and that seemed to give me maximum servo travel. Interestingly enough, I noticed that one V911 seems to have slightly further servo travel on the elevator than the other one.

Anyway, I put my 100mm paddled flybars back on my V911s and then went flying outdoors yesterday with the updated er9x settings. When the wind picked up, the V911 with the slightly further servo travel was able to dip its nose down *juuuuust* enough so that it could get moving forward in the wind. I still needed to crab it back and forth to keep it going, but I was still able to feel like I was in control. My other V911 with the slightly reduced servo travel did NOT fare as well. It was all I could do to keep it from being blown away from me. That was not much fun.

In comparison, my 9958 WAS always able to dip its nose down BUT I had to be careful because when it reached a certain point, it definitely wanted to dive into the ground! Broke my MSR flybar after the 2nd crash. Easily fixed though. Until I nose-dived, I was definitely able to fly it around with more authority than my V911s.

Then I got tired of fighting the wind and broke out the pair of MSRXs. After that, it was like: Wind? What wind? Flybarless helis do not worry about wind! I stuck with those little hotrods for the rest of my time outdoors. Great fun!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
I've seen a couple of you guys have gone for paddles rather than a flybar. Does this remove the pendulum effect? Any other advantages?
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by col1n View Post
I've seen a couple of you guys have gone for paddles rather than a flybar. Does this remove the pendulum effect? Any other advantages?
People have said they get less flybar strikes with paddles, paddles are lighter than weights, makes heli livelier, more agile.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
The paddles make my V911s MUCH more agile. I really like the its responsiveness as it makes it more challenging to fly. It's also an attempt to help combat light wind gusts when flying outdoors and it does seem to help reduce flybar strikes somewhat (not entirely though!)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Mine is quite lively enough for my experience!
I've had a few flybar strikes, but nothing that bothers me too much yet.
Outdoors with good space is awesome, but with my limited indoor space it would be much easier to fly without the pendulum effect

Page 911 BTW...
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
I'd never noticed penduluming w/ stock flybar or w/ long paddled flybar, only w/ very short paddles do I see it, then it's pretty bad.
(This is an old video.)

v911 showing pendulum effect (and TBE) (1 min 3 sec)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
I don't get much pendulum with the long flybar either. I get pendulum effect on my little flybar but some of that is me responding to the motion with my sticks. I can fly through it and compensate for the motion pretty well though. Might try adding a touch more expo to see if that helps.

These helis are the most agile things I have. I can do tricks indoor that are simply crazy fun. Just wish they had a little more cyclic authority outdoors as I hate having to ground one because it was blown away from me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,770 Posts
so which paddle flybars are u guys using and are they a direct fit?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
56 Posts
Anyone else notice that with the Delrin solo pro spur gear the gear mesh is slightly too loose? I tried using a spacer(some paper) to move the motor forward a little bit but its such a tight fit I cant get it any closer without doing modifications to the frame.

I think I'm going to pop the stock spur back in.... My advice to anyone thinking about getting it is not to get the delrin spur gear. It gives no increase in performance and the stock one fits just fine.
Curtisbeef is offline Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Read this thread for lots of V911 modding info as well as info on the flybars:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1603147

You need to do a little work to mount them.

Here's what I did (also from that same thread):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=91
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I use stock v911 flybar with weights cut off, MSR paddles from miracle-mart (2 pairs per order as I recall). the flybar ends might need some sanding to make it fit in the paddles, on the paddle, I use one of the holes on the side that has 3 holes, I prefer the one closest to the leading edge. End up with something that looks like the pic below. (Pardon the messy paddles.)