HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Hope someone can help! I've had my V911 a few weeks now and i love it. Even the wife was impressed!! Anyways, i decided in my wisdom to do the cnc metal upgrade.... Wish i hadn't. Hovers ok, but when i try and go forwards, theres a horrible sound and it just dives to the floor. Doesn't sound great on moving side to side and backwards either. Relative newbie to flying, and i don't know what to look for. Feel like i've ruined a perfect flying heli

Any guidance/suggestions would be forever grateful. Thankyou.
DaddyCool73 is offline Find More Posts by DaddyCool73
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyCool73 View Post
Hope someone can help! I've had my V911 a few weeks now and i love it. Even the wife was impressed!! Anyways, i decided in my wisdom to do the cnc metal upgrade.... Wish i hadn't. Hovers ok, but when i try and go forwards, theres a horrible sound and it just dives to the floor. Doesn't sound great on moving side to side and backwards either. Relative newbie to flying, and i don't know what to look for. Feel like i've ruined a perfect flying heli

Any guidance/suggestions would be forever grateful. Thankyou.
Ok. Been for a walk, had a think. Flybar. Just had a look and yes! The flybar now comes down way too far, so i think the noise when i go forwards would be flybar strikes? Not sure how to remedy it though.... :/
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
20/20 Vision? Just for fun I did a range check of my v911 with my 9x radio. With the radio 7’ above the heli (7' and 14') I managed to get a solid lock at 225 meters. That’s with some obstructions, however directly behind a tree or person or possibly the battery itself at that range will drop the signal.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Ok. Been for a walk, had a think. Flybar. Just had a look and yes! The flybar now comes down way too far, so i think the noise when i go forwards would be flybar strikes? Not sure how to remedy it though.... :/
Ended up taking the CNC rotor head off and putting the stock plastic one back on. Problem solved! Flying again

Kept the CNC swashplate and guide. Noticed less sway on the quick turns so its all good!

Happy Flying
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,754 Posts
Installing cheap metal bling onto cheap helis was one of the worst mods I ever made. Keep em stock or use proven mods.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Buy another BNF and don't mess with it, Keep that one for parts just kidding, been there done that To me metal head upgrade is a waste of money you can get a BNF in the states delivered in less than a week for $25 with free shipping. The only upgrade I like is 150ma batteries.and the fish eye swash plate Put your money into good batteries and a second heli that way you always got one to fly while repairing or modding the other. The time you get done paying shipping charges to some of these parts suppliers you can own your second 911
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:08 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Put a carbon fiber flybar on mine. Worked great until I broke it in the first 5 minutes of use.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
For the time being on your metal mod put your linkage on the inner holes on the servo's and that will calm down the flybar. Or if you got a TX9 adjust endpoints .The metal upgrade is great for a shelf looker but doesn't do a Rats ass for performance all it does is add weight.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
Put a carbon fiber flybar on mine. Worked great until I broke it in the first 5 minutes of use.
Put a carbon shaft in one of mine hooked up a 190ma battery punched throttle twisted shaft off where head bolts on back to metal shaft.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:33 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
As noted before in this thread - you can use a screw from the charger as they are the same size.
Make sure not to over-tighten the blades as they have been known to crack at the screw area if overtightened.
Thanks, that's good advice, great to know that the charger doubles as an emergency screw bay
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:46 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
Thanks, that's good advice, great to know that the charger doubles as an emergency screw bay
Yep, I have two chargers with only two screws in each.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:00 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
I'm having a problem where if I give around 3/4 or more throttle my tail motor looses power. For example if I'm in FFF with lots of throttle I can give full clockwise rudder and I get no movement at all. I can hold the full rudder and slowly reduce throttle until I get around 1/2 throttle then the heli spins-spins-spins really fast clockwise once the throttle is lower.

It just started doing this all of a sudden. I have tried a few different tail blades and they're all nice and tight so I don't think it's slipping. Is this the sign of a bad tail motor or what?

I remember someone else posting about a similar issue here but this "all in one" thread makes it impossible to find anything.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
I'm having a problem where if I give around 3/4 or more throttle my tail motor looses power. For example if I'm in FFF with lots of throttle I can give full clockwise rudder and I get no movement at all. I can hold the full rudder and slowly reduce throttle until I get around 1/2 throttle then the heli spins-spins-spins really fast clockwise once the throttle is lower.

It just started doing this all of a sudden. I have tried a few different tail blades and they're all nice and tight so I don't think it's slipping. Is this the sign of a bad tail motor or what?

I remember someone else posting about a similar issue here but this "all in one" thread makes it impossible to find anything.
Sounds like a bad main motor to me.

At full throttle, the main is stealing so much electrical power that the tail loses it's power.

At low throttle, the main motor isn't putting out as much rotational power as it should and the tail is over compensating.

While waiting for your new motor, try one fine machine oil on the shaft at the pinion end to see if you can get a few more flights out of it.

You might try an SP 270 motor (or better yet SP Bravo SX) if you can get them locally.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
After 2 days of ownership and 12 packs (3 used 4 times each) through my v911 I've discovered a couple of things...
1: I need more batteries to make the most of the calm conditions
2: very little of what I learnt on 3ch co-ax is transferable to these awesome flying machines!

I believe my stock batteries are all 120mah and I'm getting around 7mins from these. Should I stick with 120mah when getting more or are the larger ones a good investment? (it's on "old" style batteries)
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:30 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2012
110 Posts
Flying the V911 with the stock TX of a V939...

Today I tried my new V939 Tx together with a V911.
Has anyone earlier written what happens if you push the upper right button? This button is for flipping the V939 Beetle.
If you use it when flying a V911 it will turn (yaw) very quicly.
Nice trick when you need a quick action when you are near a wall
JaapDub is offline Find More Posts by JaapDub