HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scareg View Post
I bought one of these a couple of weeks back and was so impressed with it I want to buy another for my son. Does anyone know if it is possible to fly 2 of these at the same time. I'm not all that familiar with these 2.4 Ghz radios and dont see any channel markings like with other radio types. Just wondered how you would go about flying 2 at once if it is possible.
Be sure to let one completely bind, then turn on second radio then plug in second heli and all will work.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scareg View Post
I bought one of these a couple of weeks back and was so impressed with it I want to buy another for my son. Does anyone know if it is possible to fly 2 of these at the same time. I'm not all that familiar with these 2.4 Ghz radios and dont see any channel markings like with other radio types. Just wondered how you would go about flying 2 at once if it is possible.
I know you can do 3 at a time. I have two daughters. So, I was wondering just how many can be flown together at one time. Anyone know? Just curious. I've heard of 5 at one time.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Sep 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
I go on EBay and Type V911 parts USA got some really great Batteries and other replacements From seller J.B. Chavy parts always came in 2-4 days very well packaged and if you order more of same item shipping is reduced, Super service.
I also bought from that seller. Very good service.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
After a crash with a v911, the older black and orange model, I had this very strange vibration going on. I made sure the flybar weights were there, made sure the swash plate was fine, swapped around the mixer arms, made sure the gear wasn't moved or bent, spun the shaft to see if it bent, made sure the pinon and gear wasn't off or had some hair or what not on them, the head looked cool and all the connecting pieces were still on right, everything was looking just fine. The blades looked great but I said let me just change them to make sure, but visually I could see nothing wrong at all with them.
That's when I see it. One of the screws at the rotor blades had come off, they looked on tight and could not even tell. It must of been loose and the crash just ejected it out. If that is the case it wasn't vibrating when it was loose, but it was vibrating like crazy when it came off. As soon as I put a screw in there, flies like brand new.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
One of the screws at the rotor blades had come off, they looked on tight and could not even tell. It must of been loose and the crash just ejected it out. If that is the case it wasn't vibrating when it was loose, but it was vibrating like crazy when it came off. As soon as I put a screw in there, flies like brand new.
Where'd you find a screw that fit?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I had them from my first v911, the rx board had shorted due to my expertise in soldering.... I left the wires bared and one touched an unfriendly part on the board, it made a bit of smoke but not the kind I wanted, . Instead of buying an new board I took it apart for spares and ordered a BNF from Tmart's US wharehouse and with a coupon it was 22 bucks and came in 3 days.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
3ch tx

I just received my first v911 (new style) and popped open the transmitter to take a look inside and see if any of my switches would fit for the resister mod. Anyway I noticed that it didn't look like any of the previous pictures I had seen. The right should button is still non-functional as always but the board is symmetrical now and there are pads where a button could be wired to. I shorted them and they change the transmitter from 4ch to 3ch and only the right servo on the heli is controlled afterwards. The transmitter always resets back to 4ch when powered off.

Out of curiosity if I were to add a button hooked to these pads, what 3ch device would this remote work with?

Psiuyo is offline Find More Posts by Psiuyo
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
After a crash with a v911, the older black and orange model, I had this very strange vibration going on. I made sure the flybar weights were there, made sure the swash plate was fine, swapped around the mixer arms, made sure the gear wasn't moved or bent, spun the shaft to see if it bent, made sure the pinon and gear wasn't off or had some hair or what not on them, the head looked cool and all the connecting pieces were still on right, everything was looking just fine. The blades looked great but I said let me just change them to make sure, but visually I could see nothing wrong at all with them.
That's when I see it. One of the screws at the rotor blades had come off, they looked on tight and could not even tell. It must of been loose and the crash just ejected it out. If that is the case it wasn't vibrating when it was loose, but it was vibrating like crazy when it came off. As soon as I put a screw in there, flies like brand new.
It's probably not so much the weight of the screw, but the fact that it kept the blades in alignment, even when loose; when it came off, the blades likely got misaligned and caused imbalance, leading to the vibration. Just my guess.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
It's probably not so much the weight of the screw, but the fact that it kept the blades in alignment, even when loose; when it came off, the blades likely got misaligned and caused imbalance, leading to the vibration. Just my guess.
I'm thinking the exact same thing, the screw just made sure it stayed in place. Can you imagine trying to find that screw if you don't have another one that fits? Probably would have to harvest it off a part or spare heli that wouldn't have that great of an impact without it on. I don't think WL Toys has a screw set available but I think I read somewhere that the Bravo SX screw set would do.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:31 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,045 Posts
As noted before in this thread - you can use a screw from the charger as they are the same size.
Make sure not to over-tighten the blades as they have been known to crack at the screw area if overtightened.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
I use screws from a Solo Pro screw set I got, just in case.. The longer ones work fine on my main blades, the shorter screws are not really good for anything on the V911.
LeJaque is offline Find More Posts by LeJaque
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:07 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Get a bunch of rubes flying their v911's in a small carport on a rainy day, which quickly turns into a 'last one flying' situation, and you'll have plenty of small parts and spare screws available.

Doggone 30 year old kids . . . .

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,035 Posts
My recently reclaimed black and orange bird only want to spin in a circle.its the same motion as if the tail blade is stuck.When rotating her, there is no change in the tail speed or sound.Any suggestions.I think the gyro is toast.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
My recently reclaimed black and orange bird only want to spin in a circle.its the same motion as if the tail blade is stuck.When rotating her, there is no change in the tail speed or sound.Any suggestions.I think the gyro is toast.
If you don't get any tail motor reaction when you hand yaw the heli ccw, then it sounds like a bad gyro, it's one of the weaker components on the board, no one here has found a way to repair or replace a bad gyro, unfortunately.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Oct 19, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,035 Posts
Thanks stonecutter for the reply.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40