HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:33 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccey View Post
Hi helpful knowledgeable people.
I have been flying my v911s for a week now very stable.
have modded skids on one. to use solo pro batteries. and have moded swash plates on both. SP270A swashplates used. I have noticed when flying outside in advanced mode top button on left. 4 bars on tx indicator. the tail is very very quick. I have read a resistor mod can be done. i am very capable with a soldering iron. but i cannot find any detailed info on where on the PCB the wire switch and resistors will need to be soldered. has anybody got a link to the information I require. i just want to slow the rudder by 30 to 50 percent. any help will be greatly appreciated. marc
Here's a link with some pics. No explaination, but it's all pretty obvious in the pics. I did the same set-up with the switch and 2.2k resistors.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:48 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
I've seen posts here discussing shuttering of V911's. I recently noticed this on mine.
I decided it would be a good time to install the new fisheye swash plate. This made no change. I then adjusted the flybar to where it just moves freely. This helped about 50% of the shutter. Lastly I examined and smoothed the imperfections on the tips and lead edge of the blades. This solved the shuttering. I'm currently at about 150 flights (15 hours). Hope this helps someone.
75 Bravo is offline Find More Posts by 75 Bravo
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Want to see your heli shake fly it over by your wireless router mine goes nuts Both mine shake from time to time replaced everything and they still shake like a Monday morning after a bad weekend, I learned to live with it and just keep on flying them. I always thought the shaking was the amount of play in main shaft but unless you use plastic washers you add weight which cuts down on fly time.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Want to see your heli shake fly it over by your wireless router mine goes nuts Both mine shake from time to time replaced everything and they still shake like a Monday morning after a bad weekend, I learned to live with it and just keep on flying them. I always thought the shaking was the amount of play in main shaft but unless you use plastic washers you add weight which cuts down on fly time.
Mine has the shudders when I aileron right only. I put some wire insulation on one side of the blade pivot and that took some shake out. I'm going to clean the blade edges now that I have some sharp hobby knives. $3.99 for a 13 piece set from harbor freight. Made in china, but that doesn't bug us! I need to find some plastic washers that fit decently. The pen springs aren't flat enough to keep the angle out of the swash.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:21 PM
MAXMODS
United Kingdom, England, Hertford
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
re resistor mod

thanx Budasac
the pics do help. not very clear though did you need to cut any tracks? and would i be right, the resistors are at the end of the 2 yellow wires. again thanks for your assistance. marc
maccey is offline Find More Posts by maccey
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:47 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccey View Post
thanx Budasac
the pics do help. not very clear though did you need to cut any tracks? and would i be right, the resistors are at the end of the 2 yellow wires. again thanks for your assistance. marc
No, no need to cut anything. You're just installing a resistor from each of the points the yellow wires are attached to ground (red wire) with a switch in between to toggle on/off.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Oct 17, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:29 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark View Post
I'm finaly able to pull some funnels, it is lots of fun!
Doing nose-down funnels, It locks much better when I apply rudder and aileron in opposite directions. It does result in a rather large funnel though... How do you guys do it? Any tips?
Glad that you're pulling off tricks with your V911.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9761

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10759

FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Here's a link with some pics. No explaination, but it's all pretty obvious in the pics. I did the same set-up with the switch and 2.2k resistors.
Or you can skip the switch and just solder two 2.2K resistors in.
Range of motion isn't decreased, just sensitivity around the center.

Solder a resistor between each side (with the yellow wires in the photos) and the center.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:59 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Funnels

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Nice posts. Sounds like are doing it the same way (didn't do tail-down yet).
I've read that for noise-down funnels rudder and aileron should be applied in the same direction, but it does holds better on the V911 when applied in opposite directions. Any thought?
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:40 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,111 Posts
I don't think you can pull off nose-down funnels with rudder and aileron in the same direction. I've tried that.

If you need to make a sharp 180-degree turn, try doing a "handbrake turn (para. 5)".
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:44 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Anyone know a place where you can buy spares for these that don't take like a million years to get to you?
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:46 AM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Amazon
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:29 AM
Hobbyone
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
Has anyone ever got any Anti-collision multrirotors?
one01 is offline Find More Posts by one01
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by one01 View Post
Has anyone ever got any Anti-collision multrirotors?
Wrong thread
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef View Post
My V911 finally came after 38 days from aliexpress. O god it was a horrible wait. I wish I had ordered from the US.

I have had it about 3 days now and man its definetly worth every dollar. I am having a ton of fun with it. I crash it a billion times even into trees and no problem. yet.

I decided against the CNC head after reading about it just being bling basicly. I have been searching this thread and its just massive so if anyone wants to give me any advice on some nice upgrades that will affect stability that would be awesome.

I defiantly need some more batteries so I ordered this combo with 2 batteries and the new fish eye swashplate and CF main shaft.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/V911-...600109979.html

I figured that will be a nice little upgrade and 4 batteries total will be fine for me for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Anyone know a place where you can buy spares for these that don't take like a million years to get to you?

Techntoys
http://techntoys.com/mjx-f6464545.html
ships from california
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse