HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
After three days of back and fourth conversation with TMart support. I managed to get the 30% refund on the V911 for their screw up of sending me the "old" one instead of the "new" one.
Can the skids be swapped between them?

Make a new one old or an old one new?

(once the new skids are available).
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:55 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Can the skids be swapped between them?

Make a new one old or an old one new?

(once the new skids are available).
not that I would find out myself anytime soon (I definitely am fed up with trying) ... I would be VERY surprised if they had changed anything about the customs of mounting the back post with a screw and GLUEING in the front post. So skid will be interchangeable once you find a way to loosen and remove the old skids. But why would you? the new battery is just another proprietary battery (that nobody except WLToys makes)
I am convinced, the best solution is still (and will stay) to exchange the skid with a SP270 skid (if you can find one for about 3$ which is possible every once in a while) then add a eflite compatible plug to the board and use the eflite style (nano cpx, mSR, mSRX or Xieda9958) batteries ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
So I think my other V911 has a problem. I decided to take it out and fly it after work to redeem myself from breaking the other V911 earlier in the day. The bird having this problem is the "new" V911.

It sometimes won't respond to precise stick commands. Primarily the rotor when turning. It will either not respond at all, or it will turn way more than it should. For example, I move the stick, to get it to turn 90 degrees, and it turns more like 180-270 degrees. Also, sometimes the response from the helicopter is delayed. This occurs when turning both directions.

To troubleshoot, I decided to try two different transmitters. It did the same thing with both of them.

I know the board is different in the new V911 compared to the old one. Could it be the board thats gone bad?

Im still within the return period for this helicopter. First it was the defective transmitter, and now, its possibly a defective board. I think I may just return this helicopter and exchange it for a new one.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:30 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
not that I would find out myself anytime soon (I definitely am fed up with trying) ... I would be VERY surprised if they had changed anything about the customs of mounting the back post with a screw and GLUEING in the front post. So skid will be interchangeable once you find a way to loosen and remove the old skids. But why would you? the new battery is just another proprietary battery (that nobody except WLToys makes)
I am convinced, the best solution is still (and will stay) to exchange the skid with a SP270 skid (if you can find one for about 3$ which is possible every once in a while) then add a eflite compatible plug to the board and use the eflite style (nano cpx, mSR, mSRX or Xieda9958) batteries ...
None of my three birds (A blue / white RTF from Amazon and two red / white BNF from Tmart) had the front post glued in. It sometimes comes out in a crash and I have to realign it. I replaced the skids on the blue / white and there were no traces of glue anywhere.

On the subject of batteries, how about the 180mAh Helios 100 battery? It looks like it's a more rectangular shape too so maybe it could be mounted vertically in front of the PCB to balance the CG once I get around to installing the Hughes 500 (Bravo SX) fuselage on one of my birds.

Anyone know if the skids from the Helios 100 would fit the V911?

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:39 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
So I think my other V911 has a problem. I decided to take it out and fly it after work to redeem myself from breaking the other V911 earlier in the day. The bird having this problem is the "new" V911.

It sometimes won't respond to precise stick commands. Primarily the rotor when turning. It will either not respond at all, or it will turn way more than it should. For example, I move the stick, to get it to turn 90 degrees, and it turns more like 180-270 degrees. Also, sometimes the response from the helicopter is delayed. This occurs when turning both directions.

To troubleshoot, I decided to try two different transmitters. It did the same thing with both of them.

I know the board is different in the new V911 compared to the old one. Could it be the board thats gone bad?

Im still within the return period for this helicopter. First it was the defective transmitter, and now, its possibly a defective board. I think I may just return this helicopter and exchange it for a new one.
I had a slightly different but also possibly board related problem w/ a recent version BNF, my issue was sluggish servo response when the motor is running, I described that here ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12539
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
I compared every version of V911's RX.

It seems the best RX is Rev05......???
(But...I don't know(can't feel) different between Rev05 / Rev01 / Rev06.)
maybe I'm reading it wrong but the yellow bnf at banggood looks to be dated 03/03/2012

http://www.banggood.com/V911-4ch-2_4...6299-i516.html
slugsly is offline Find More Posts by slugsly
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
OK, as promised, here's a comparison showing how the E sky, MCX, and CX Nano Hughes 300 canopies fit on the WL Toys V911 and the yellow clone. The frames are a tad different. The body mounting posts are wider on the yellow clone, and the rear post is a bit farther back on the yellow clone.

The MCX is the best fit, but they all work on both frames, although the CX Nano is REALLY tight on the yellow clone. The fuel tanks on the E sky and CX Nano must be splayed out, and the CX Nano won't even reach the front post.

I hope this helps somebody to make a choice on a canopy.

Rick
Any thoughts on which Hughes 300 canopy is the most crash resistant? I have the E Sky Nano canopy on one of my birds and it's very thin material. While the weight saving seems to have given the bird a little better performance, the canopy is starting to get a bit beat up with a couple of small cracks here and there...

Owen
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:42 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Any thoughts on which Hughes 300 canopy is the most crash resistant?
The CX Nano is by far the most crash resistant - easily two or three times the thickness of the E Sky. It also comes in yellow, red, white, or blue. The E-flite MCX is the flimsiest of the three, although it looks the best and fits the best. I think the E Sky Nano is a good compromise between good fit and durability as long as you don't crash.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:46 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugsly View Post
maybe I'm reading it wrong but the yellow bnf at banggood looks to be dated 03/03/2012

http://www.banggood.com/V911-4ch-2_4...6299-i516.html
Yellow (and white) bnf's are not made by wl toys, though every bit as good. KKDDMM only showed the wl toys versions.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I have 4 existing "old" corters, four chargers and a bunch of batteries.
If I get a "new" one as a BNF, I'd like to make it backwards compatible with the rest of my fleet.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
MAXMODS
United Kingdom, England, Hertford
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
v911 tx resistor mod

Hi helpful knowledgeable people.
I have been flying my v911s for a week now very stable.
have modded skids on one. to use solo pro batteries. and have moded swash plates on both. SP270A swashplates used. I have noticed when flying outside in advanced mode top button on left. 4 bars on tx indicator. the tail is very very quick. I have read a resistor mod can be done. i am very capable with a soldering iron. but i cannot find any detailed info on where on the PCB the wire switch and resistors will need to be soldered. has anybody got a link to the information I require. i just want to slow the rudder by 30 to 50 percent. any help will be greatly appreciated. marc
maccey is offline Find More Posts by maccey
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,265 Posts
Quote:

Have you checked for a lose antennae wire?
On second thought Stonecutter's response,makes since then a lose wire.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Last edited by Jasen40; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Sep 2012
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccey View Post
Hi helpful knowledgeable people.
I have been flying my v911s for a week now very stable.
have modded skids on one. to use solo pro batteries. and have moded swash plates on both. SP270A swashplates used. I have noticed when flying outside in advanced mode top button on left. 4 bars on tx indicator. the tail is very very quick. I have read a resistor mod can be done. i am very capable with a soldering iron. but i cannot find any detailed info on where on the PCB the wire switch and resistors will need to be soldered. has anybody got a link to the information I require. i just want to slow the rudder by 30 to 50 percent. any help will be greatly appreciated. marc
Hopefully, someone else will post a link to the mod as I don't have time to find it right now, but I never bothered with a switch. I simply soldered the two resistors to the back of the PCB. Pirouettes seem plenty fast enough even with the resistors installed, so I feel no need to switch the mod out. You need two 2.2kOhm resistors (red,red,red). They go between each end of the rudder pot and the slider.

Owen
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:43 PM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
I'm finaly able to pull some funnels, it is lots of fun!
Doing nose-down funnels, It locks much better when I apply rudder and aileron in opposite directions.  It does result in a rather large funnel though... How do you guys do it? Any tips?
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:16 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark View Post
I'm finaly able to pull some funnels, it is lots of fun!
Doing nose-down funnels, It locks much better when I apply rudder and aileron in opposite directions.  It does result in a rather large funnel though... How do you guys do it? Any tips?
Not an expert, but oversteering on right turns give the impression of a funnel. A video I made last month ...

wl toys v911 practice compilation (3 min 8 sec)