Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:15 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
Helios flybar came today. See my earlier post in a different thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I am really liking the y911. It's just so smooth versus the old v911 I have. Issue I have with both is the really bad flybar strike.

I like to go fast. And I like the challenge and look of the heli as it transition from one bank circuit to the other.

I like to go forward and whip the heli 180 into a tail circuits or funnel.

All, while trying to keep the speed up, keep the smoothness in transition. And most importantly, manage throttle to keep a level flight path.

Just not really possible with the flybar strike. You transition from one to the next, and the flybar will surely strike. And when it hits the tail boom, it's just about impossible to recover.

Anyways, that may be in the past...

I just got the Helios flybar in today. I can not get it to strike thus far. Loving it!

Center hub easy to sand down. 16 light passes on each side with the small file and it's perfect. Smooth, quick tethering. The issue is the ball. Bigger than the v911/y911. Have to sand it down to allow smooth tethering. I think using Helios links will solve the problem.

Anyways, I am loving the way it flies indoors and outdoors.

Can't wait for the breeze tomorrow to see how it handles it.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:25 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Helios flybar came today. See my earlier post in a different thread:
I installed the Helios flybar on my Y911 on Sunday and really like it so far. I was still getting flybar strikes though (wildly gusty day) so swapped out to old red/white canopy and lowered it a little. Still getting strikes so cut off the raised section that the flybar was striking... The Y911 does fly well, although I find the original a little sharper handling.

Like you I enjoy going fast, and find that with the wind gusts I end up needing to swing hard on the sticks at times to avoid the many trees around the property. Even got hit with a downdraft so that I missed clearing the fence, smacked directly into it at speed! It flung the battery out and the battery fried, but put another battery in and she took straight off again!

Looked later and the crystal had come unstuck (electrical connections still intact thoug), plus antenna had separated off the board... Patched up later with solder and hot glue. Tough little bird
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:50 AM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I've followed the directions on ztoon13s blog about the 9x settings as best I can, and I think I have everything set right, but all is not well. I've got it to bind just fine. However, when it does, each and every time, the left servo (looking from the back) shoots up to the top most position and no stick gives me throttle. Moving the throttle all the way up moves that same servo back to the normal position, and back at the bottom of the throttle stick its all the way up! The left stick also is controlling that servo as it should. What the am I doing wrong?!
I had problems when I first set my tx9 use heli 2 make sure you go into swash mix and set pitch to 0 and Ail to +100 set throttle in end points -30 on down stick the rest is just fine tuning in Rev settings rev thr and elv and it should fly
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
I had problems when I first set my tx9 use heli 2 make sure you go into swash mix and set pitch to 0 and Ail to +100 set throttle in end points -30 on down stick the rest is just fine tuning in Rev settings rev thr and elv and it should fly
I also went into D/R EXP on tx9 and set rud at 100 and 60 and it made a big difference on rudder control
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2012
237 Posts
I have never seen two v911's with the same board. Some are bage, some are navy blue, some have little cylinders on the board some dont. I love my v911 but after the bind n fly failure I recieved recently, I'll never get another v911 again.
08charger3.5 is offline Find More Posts by 08charger3.5
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:38 AM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
I just received a NE motor (Nine Eagles 320A Parts - NE402320013A Motor Set For 320A Heli) for my v911. I was disappointed to see that the dimensions are identical to the spare v911 motor I also have. Both are the same length with the white end cap. The only difference between the two is that the NE has a connector plug and a slightly shorter shaft. This motor came in a pristine NE package so I don’t believe the eBay seller is an issue. I went back and looked at NE motor images from other sellers and it appears they are also the white cap version. At some point I hope to do a lift test of this motor to compare with stock. Please note I am a newb here and this may not be a new issue or I just bought the wrong motor.
Update; I went back and looked at other Bravo motor posts and found that RicksterRC also made a similar comment back in July but I’m not sure what the thrust comparisons were.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:31 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
340 Posts
I compared every version of V911's RX.

It seems the best RX is Rev05......???
(But...I don't know(can't feel) different between Rev05 / Rev01 / Rev06.)
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:37 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Nice chart and summary, KDM (I've shortened your call sign, indulge me ).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Oct 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post

It seems the best RX is Rev05......???
(But...I don't know(can't feel) different between Rev05 / Rev01 / Rev06.)
I'm still wondering why they added that capacitor across the servo. I have tried a whole bunch of different valued capacitors there and it didn't do anything but make it worse by introducing oscillations. The bigger the capacitor the more the servo will oscillate after quick movements.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:01 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
I'm still wondering why they added that capacitor across the servo. I have tried a whole bunch of different valued capacitors there and it didn't do anything but make it worse by introducing oscillations. The bigger the capacitor the more the servo will oscillate after quick movements.
Yeah, I wondered about that capacitor too. If I remember from circuits 101, the cap is supposed to have a damping effect on the input, which intuitively would suppress the oscillations. But you say it seems to have the opposite effect. Now what would happen if you simply remove the capacitor? Would we get the old version (assuming nothing else changed) before they added the cap?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Has anyone bought one of Banggoods BenMa Helios 100's yet I was wondering if it was similar to v911 I see it has 180ma battery
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone bought one of Banggoods BenMa Helios 100's yet I was wondering if it was similar to v911 I see it has 180ma battery
Has it's own thread : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661845
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:17 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
The BenMa Helios 100 is similar in design to the v911 but flies differently. Hard to say whether better or worse, depends on what one is looking for, I guess. Helios 100 is heavier and flies as such. Heli is not compatible with any other transmitter other than stock, which some owners have found to be too small and rudder too twitchy to control. I personally have no problem w/ stock tx, but the heli does require more room to fly in order to see its full potentials. BTW, it has its own thread ....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661845

Edit: I see mystman beat me to it ...
Last edited by stonecutter; Oct 16, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Like the other guys say, it has it's own thread with a lot of info. I have a Helios & I love it. it is much sportier than the v911 and a nice next step. It still has a familiar feel but is heavier, faster & more agile. No flybar strikes either because of the paddles. It seems to be every bit as durable as well. I haven't broken anything on it yet after quite a few crashes. It took me a bit to get used to it & the more I flew it the more I liked it. I loved it even more after dropping in a v911 Rx into it and using my 9x Tx! it really smoothed out the twitchy tail. I don't normally do or care for mods much but I'm definitely glad I did that one.. The price is outstanding just like the v911. Great little helis and they both are my favorites to fly right now...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Today, I broke one of my V911s. In a crash, the helicopter sustained damage to the housing of the tail motor. When I tried to pull it apart to see if I could super glue the part back together, I accidentally stripped the wires from the tail motor...

Glad I have another V911 ready to fly. Just hoping I don't screw that one up...
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade