Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
405 Posts
Does the connection on the old style V911 battery have a name? I would like to find a multi connector plug to use with my dual function multi charger. (Thunder AC6). Also, is the new style battery a JST connector?
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
Does the connection on the old style V911 battery have a name? I would like to find a multi connector plug to use with my dual function multi charger. (Thunder AC6). Also, is the new style battery a JST connector?
It's WLToys own format. I doubt there is any name for the old one.

Build yourself a Charging Clip for Nine Eagles, Trex 100 and v911
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/02/charging-clip/

The new Plug must be a JST PH 2.0 like for a Blade mcpX :http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-JST-2-...item1c2bf014b5
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:35 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
here is a place to grt right connectors cheep http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-Micro-1...item1c2b60e323
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Just a word of warning I had v911 battery hooked up to Nine Eagle charger and it blew up sounded like a shotgun I'm glad i was in other room. it went all over the wall I was using a spare 911 skid with jst connector @ .5 amps it worked a couple times simple math should gave me the clue.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Just a word of warning I had v911 battery hooked up to Nine Eagle charger and it blew up sounded like a shotgun I'm glad i was in other room. it went all over the wall I was using a spare 911 skid with jst connector @ .5 amps it worked a couple times simple math should gave me the clue.
0.5Amps, or 5.0 amps?

5 Amps would be bad. Probably real bad.

Charging at (0.5A) 3C isn't a good idea, but I'm very surprised it made the cell explode.

Are you sure you didn't have the polarity reversed or something?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,485 Posts
Actually 500 mA would be over 4C (assuming stock 120 mA). There aren't many lipos that could take that so I can see these cheapo batts exploding. Consider the normal charger only charges at a little over 1C.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Brand new FS-TH9X... argh!!

I've followed the directions on ztoon13s blog about the 9x settings as best I can, and I think I have everything set right, but all is not well. I've got it to bind just fine. However, when it does, each and every time, the left servo (looking from the back) shoots up to the top most position and no stick gives me throttle. Moving the throttle all the way up moves that same servo back to the normal position, and back at the bottom of the throttle stick its all the way up! The left stick also is controlling that servo as it should. What the am I doing wrong?!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:00 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I've followed the directions on ztoon13s blog about the 9x settings as best I can, and I think I have everything set right, but all is not well. I've got it to bind just fine. However, when it does, each and every time, the left servo (looking from the back) shoots up to the top most position and no stick gives me throttle. Moving the throttle all the way up moves that same servo back to the normal position, and back at the bottom of the throttle stick its all the way up! The left stick also is controlling that servo as it should. What the am I doing wrong?!
Are you really in the right mode (I guess that would be mode2) ? I know this sounds "stupid", but when I bound my V911 once, it was in the wrong mode and I did not realize it and shot it to the ceiling ... ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Are you really in the right mode (I guess that would be mode2) ? I know this sounds "stupid", but when I bound my V911 once, it was in the wrong mode and I did not realize it and shot it to the ceiling ... ...
Erm.... Display says FM-PPM, then Mode 1. I doesn't seem to want to switch.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Okay, now I changed the throttle reverse to normal (only ELEV reversed) and I get throttle on constant. Dropped the subtrim to -50 and it stops that. The servo trouble it still there though and now the left stick when pressed to the right gives intermittent throttle as well...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Erm.... Display says FM-PPM, then Mode 1. I doesn't seem to want to switch.
Unfortunately I dont have mine here - but the thing in the display, does it say "mode1" or just "mod1" ? (because one is mode, the other just refers to your model. but I would really have to have a 9x at hand (and just remember, mine is on er9x now, so I wont be able to doublecheck that anyway ... ...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6X11510X47.pdf

go to page 12 ... "stick set" is the menu option where you set it between mode1,2,3 and 4 ... and THERE yours has to be on mode2 (if you use the most common one [in US] ...)

also, I have a picture(s) of my initial setup here ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1591898&page=3
(its post 37 I think)
hope some of this helps ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Oct 15, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Unfortunately I dont have mine here - but the thing in the display, does it say "mode1" or just "mod1" ? (because one is mode, the other just refers to your model. but I would really have to have a 9x at hand (and just remember, mine is on er9x now, so I wont be able to doublecheck that anyway ... ...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6X11510X47.pdf

go to page 12 ... "stick set" is the menu option where you set it between mode1,2,3 and 4 ... and THERE yours has to be on mode2 (if you use the most common one [in US] ...)

also, I have a picture(s) of my initial setup here ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1591898&page=3
(its post 37 I think)
hope some of this helps ...
That was all quite helpful, erd. It says mode, but now I understand that it means model because I created a second model and it says mode 2. After tinkering about with some things, I've got it all ready to go, except for the left stick monkey business. Pushing the stick all the way right makes the servo move properly, but adds a very low throttle for some odd reason. Searching the net/forums...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
I has also become abundantly clear that my heli needs mechanical trimming again. Oh, bother.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
I has also become abundantly clear that my heli needs mechanical trimming again. Oh, bother.
Here are the settings a little bit easier to follow in a spreadsheet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkyg9bxidhmo6el/IgglM08h07?m

The other file is for ER9x

See if the excel file helps you clarifying the settings
jfdpl686 is offline Find More Posts by jfdpl686
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Settings clarified, and running! thanks, guys! I get that odd servo twitch too. Maybe this is normal. I dunno. I'll give it another go tomorrow night with a clear head and see if I can't iron it out. Seems like I'm wanting more throttle, too. Tinkering is fun, but this beeping is really annoying.

I probably have to to back to the stock swash plate with the pen springs. I was hoping the fisheye would be better with the 9x.