HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Thats what happened to my first V911. The blade cracked right where the screw goes in.
Yeah, I don't know which crack came first but one may have caused the other. It also broke off that little nub/tab on the other blade.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
How did you figure that out, changing blades and noticed it?? Mine every now in than just shakes than flies great haven't figured it out yet maybe I should check blades.
Mine was shaking so often that I was just going through everything trying to find the cause. When I took the main blades off I saw the problem. It wasn't a occasional shake, it would do it pretty much any time I was hovering.

Even when "normal" mine gets similar shakes from time to time. I think that may be related to the general looseness of the blades on the hub. Side-to-side play can be fixed with a washer. This isn't so bad because it doesn't do it very often so I haven't really tried to fix it.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:38 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,279 Posts
Video of table 'flyby's'.

wl toys v911 table flyby practice (3 min 52 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, TX
Joined Dec 2002
308 Posts
I too just received the old version, immediately got on the support chat and was also offered a 30% refund...
gdenton3 is offline Find More Posts by gdenton3
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:53 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,354 Posts
Wow, I am truly sorry I mentioned that T-mart had the new style from US Warehouse. Seems like everyone is getting the older style
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, TX
Joined Dec 2002
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Wow, I am truly sorry I mentioned that T-mart had the new style from US Warehouse. Seems like everyone is getting the older style
Definitely not your fault MD, it says this right on the item description:

NOTICE:

Presently we have two versions of V911. This is the latest one that is different from the previous one. The batteries, landing skids and charger boxes of two versions are different, and the other accessories of two versions are the same.
gdenton3 is offline Find More Posts by gdenton3
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Oct 2009
138 Posts
I just completed 200 flights on my red & white V911. I haven't broke anything and nothing burned out. That's about 16 hours flying. I crashed lots and lots of times. A few of those crashes where very hard, but not one thing broke.

I have 4 130mah batteries, I have been charging them at .5 of an amp which is probably too much but they still work fine.

I did glue down the tail motor wires and the the crystal on the board when I got it.
Micro Buzzer is offline Find More Posts by Micro Buzzer
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Buzzer View Post
I just completed 200 flights on my red & white V911. I haven't broke anything and nothing burned out. That's about 16 hours flying. I crashed lots and lots of times. A few of those crashes where very hard, but not one thing broke.

I have 4 130mah batteries, I have been charging them at .5 of an amp which is probably too much but they still work fine.

I did glue down the tail motor wires and the the crystal on the board when I got it.
I would have to say you got your moneys worth out of that bird. The big ones are not as graceful when they crash. I hope I get similar millage out my 2.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdenton3 View Post
Definitely not your fault MD, it says this right on the item description:

NOTICE:

Presently we have two versions of V911. This is the latest one that is different from the previous one. The batteries, landing skids and charger boxes of two versions are different, and the other accessories of two versions are the same.
Not only that, the product name is different.

The blue/white and red/white v911s have NE battery connectors.
The blue v911 and red v911 have eflite battery connectors.

The blue v911 is actually blue/white but that product name was already used.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:45 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
hobby show

national hobby show was in cleveland this week. alot of v911 s blueand white old style
69.00 rtf quad copter 89.00 rtf. . a wl 6 channel may be out for next year not for christmas. according to these distributor reps.
tonytester.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,782 Posts
Oh, the 6 channel is not going to make Christmas now? I thought it was due any day now. That's it I'm getting a nano!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Oh, the 6 channel is not going to make Christmas now? I thought it was due any day now. That's it I'm getting a nano!
Same here! Lol I can't wait that long!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:14 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,056 Posts
last two posts:
Do that, its one of the best decisions to make in heliland (IMHO ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
last two posts:
Do that, its one of the best decisions to make in heliland (IMHO ...)
Glad to have your blessing! I saw you have or had a solo pro 100d and had a love/hate relationship with it. How's it now? Sorry for OT.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,782 Posts
Yeah, I just placed my order. I have parts on he way for my 100d. I still love it, it was my first cp flight.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72