HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
41 Posts
Ok I got my Bravo SX main motor in today. Installed it without a problem.

My first impressions after 3 batteries is that it feels like it has a lot more torque/thrust than the stock one. If your just hovering and you slam full throttle you can defiantly tell a different in speed.

The motor was just slightly warm after running.

Thumbs up in my opinion.

Now I just need to find a Tail motor that is high quality.
Curtisbeef is offline Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:24 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
It's not even a question. These small, durable helis will rekindle your love for flying. Super durable and fun to fly inside. no lost of life in the even of a failed landing.

Tmart from all report is a good place to buy. Make sure it says shipping from a US warehouse. I believe theres an additional coupon code for TMart for the month of Oct. I swore I saw it listed this morning somewhere.

For the price, it's a no brainer.
inspire
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:31 PM
Registered User
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I haven't gotten any 150mAH batteries yet, but a few months back, I tested the 120mAH, 130mAH and a 145mAH.

I was not impressed with the 145mAH at all. While it did get longer flight time, the corter seemed sluggish throughout the flight.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8245

I'm waiting on some 150mAH's and maybe I'll repeat the test.
Looking forward to see what you find out, thanks!
LeJaque is offline Find More Posts by LeJaque
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,019 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/V911-6-Blue-...item43af5828c0
I found these cool tail blades,the seller has blue and red.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:29 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/V911-6-Blue-...item43af5828c0
I found these cool tail blades,the seller has blue and red.
$4.50 (w/ shipping) for a tail blade? I picked up a lot on Ebay for $7 w/ free shipping that include a full set of each color. Canopy, stabalizer, main rotor, and tail rotor. So 3 sets total. I usually see them for $12 and up but if you watch you can get 'em cheaper.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
$4.50 (w/ shipping) for a tail blade? I picked up a lot on Ebay for $7 w/ free shipping that include a full set of each color. Canopy, stabalizer, main rotor, and tail rotor. So 3 sets total. I usually see them for $12 and up but if you watch you can get 'em cheaper.
I wanted new blue canopy and blades,but added this to the order also.The total with shipping was $10.I agree not the cheapest,but I could not find that color here in the U.S elsewhere.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:30 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
This is what I ordered. I got it on auction though.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef View Post
Ok I got my Bravo SX main motor in today. Installed it without a problem.

My first impressions after 3 batteries is that it feels like it has a lot more torque/thrust than the stock one. If your just hovering and you slam full throttle you can defiantly tell a different in speed.

The motor was just slightly warm after running.

Thumbs up in my opinion.

Now I just need to find a Tail motor that is high quality.
Do you have multiple helis?
I'm interested in if the Bravo motor increases lift capability.

I uses dimes for weight (they are more consistent than pennies). They are 2.2g a piece.

I made a bundle of dimes in masking tape and taped as far forward as possible to the bottom of a fresh 130mAH.

I tried all three motors that I have. None could lift 4 dimes.
None could make more than a valiant effort with 3.
They'd get aloft, but within 10-30 seconds they'd be resigned to ground effect.

I have this camera I want to play with.
Even if I remove the case and battery, it's going to be three dimes.

Can you try the dime test with your Bravo SX?
Try 4, then 3 (charge between).

If you have another corter, you can compare.

If anyone has a camera that works well, and weighs less than 3 dimes, please chime in.
This is what I've disected.
When I was i ground effect with it (taped to battery), It gave surprisingly good video.

http://www.myrcmart.com/mini-u8-usb-...80-p-4966.html
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
...
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Last edited by RicksterRC; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: redundant
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
This is what I ordered. I got it on auction though.
Oh, now it's a buy it now at $19.50...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canopy-Tail-...item33758c60ae

MyRCMart has all the parts you need $0.99 each.
Three sets of all four parts: $11.88, $shipping (to USA) $8.22, total $23.40
But you could add bargain price Bravo SX motors etc.

http://www.myrcmart.com/wl-toys-v911-c-21_218_219.html
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Last edited by RicksterRC; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef View Post
Ok I got my Bravo SX main motor in today. Installed it without a problem.

My first impressions after 3 batteries is that it feels like it has a lot more torque/thrust than the stock one. If your just hovering and you slam full throttle you can defiantly tell a different in speed.

The motor was just slightly warm after running.

Thumbs up in my opinion.

Now I just need to find a Tail motor that is high quality.
I hope it's higher quality, not just spunkier. Please keep us posted.

Anyone tried any alternate vendors for tail motors?

There have to be dropins out there?
I think we want to stick to heli that use the same rotor direction (because the brushes might go in "backwards" for reverse direction).
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Do you have multiple helis?
I'm interested in if the Bravo motor increases lift capability.

I uses dimes for weight (they are more consistent than pennies). They are 2.2g a piece.

I made a bundle of dimes in masking tape and taped as far forward as possible to the bottom of a fresh 130mAH.

I tried all three motors that I have. None could lift 4 dimes.
None could make more than a valiant effort with 3.
They'd get aloft, but within 10-30 seconds they'd be resigned to ground effect.

I have this camera I want to play with.
Even if I remove the case and battery, it's going to be three dimes.

Can you try the dime test with your Bravo SX?
Try 4, then 3 (charge between).

If you have another corter, you can compare.

If anyone has a camera that works well, and weighs less than 3 dimes, please chime in.
This is what I've disected.
When I was i ground effect with it (taped to battery), It gave surprisingly good video.

http://www.myrcmart.com/mini-u8-usb-...80-p-4966.html
Yup I have 2 V911s both have Delrin spur gears and one has the Bravo SX motor.

I only have 120mah and 150mah batteries but I will try to do that test tomorrow if I have the time.... And can find 4 dimes
Curtisbeef is offline Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:01 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
Flyingboats's Avatar
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I hope it's higher quality, not just spunkier. Please keep us posted.
Hi Rickster. I measured an additional 10-15% additional static lift (heli weighted on digital scales) with the Bravo SX motor compared to standard. Noticeable longer flight times and more punch. Anecdotally there seems to be variation in all the motors with some better than others. I got the same static lift from my yellow 911 as with the Bravo SX, but some people have complained about poor performance.... We pay our money, and take our chances!
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,074 Posts
I see new V911 batteries on banggood.com. They appear the have an e-flight connector. It says this is the new version. Now I have a reason to get a V911. I have a Turnigy 9x and a ton of e-flight lipos and connectors for my good charger. How do I make sure I get the right version of the helicopter, the new one? And does anyonwe know for sure that it is the same as eflight connector and those batteries will fit?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...t-p-51931.html

They have this new version battery and a charger to match. This would be great cause I didn't want to add any more batteries or chargers to my gear.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I see new V911 batteries on banggood.com. They appear the have an e-flight connector.
To be sure , it's a E-Flite Connector (E-Flight Ultra Micro) for mcpx :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17808
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

It's not the size of the 9958 lipos!!!! The plug is bigger

I really don't know why WLToys made this :-(
Maybe to sell their own batteries
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Last edited by mystman; Oct 10, 2012 at 07:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM