HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:41 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyCool73 View Post
Cheers for the heads up. Lets hope the new batterys become more readily availabe very soon!
A few of the guys are working on a solution to this, and are trying to identify a good alternative to the stock battery.

From what i've seen, the connector is used by other machines out there.

I'll be interested to see what they come up with.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,095 Posts
Meet 'Spook'

New blog post up:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/10/v91...i-night-blade/
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:10 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Count me in!! My wife says that I should get lights for my copters, plus I always seam to be racing daylight to get in my flying.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,193 Posts
Spook. LIKE - a lot.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:35 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
I like that sppok too, cool

I got a few outdoor pics my friend captured with a Nikon DSLR.

What was fun, was to fly as high as possible, cut the power, it tumbles down, power up when near the ground and it drives itself downwards into the long grass below without so much as a mark on it. I did this 3 times, and everytime it came down inverted!
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
I like that sppok too, cool

I got a few outdoor pics my friend captured with a Nikon DSLR.

What was fun, was to fly as high as possible, cut the power, it tumbles down, power up when near the ground and it drives itself downwards into the long grass below without so much as a mark on it. I did this 3 times, and everytime it came down inverted!
Nice pictures! Those Nikon DSLRs are great cameras!

Happy to hear your V911 escaped those tumbles unscathed! Mine wasn't so lucky hence why i've ordered a replacement.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:33 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,095 Posts
With camera, if you lower the shutter speed a little, you'll allow the rotor to have motion for in flight shots.

Night Blade discussion thread started:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post22954195
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Guys, did someone here try to fly a 6ch helicopter?
1 year ago I used to fly a gaui hurricane 425 - a 500 size helicopter(I had paid someone to assemble the kit and all my setup), because of this fact, I wasn't independent and it's been a year that my heli is lying on the shelf after a small crush. (I need to replace its blades)
What would you do in my place? I'm not pro so I'm afraid that the smallest mistake can lead to loss of life when it comes to big helis (unlike micro helis)
If I feel like that should I stick with micro helis ? cause I remember that flying a big heli is much funnier.
ohad2 is offline Find More Posts by ohad2
Last edited by ohad2; Oct 09, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad2 View Post
1 year ago I used to fly a gaui hurricane 425 - a 500 size helicopter(I had paid to someone assemble all the kit and all the parts), because of this fact, I wasn't independent and it's been a year that my heli is lying on the shelf after a small crush. (I need to replace its blades)
What would you do in my place? I'm not pro so I'm afraid that the smallest mistake can lead to loss of life when it comes to big helis (unlike micro helis)
If I feel like that should I stick with micro helis ? 'cause I remember than flying a big heli is much funnier.
At this low price of a v911 RTF you should try it on your own.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...)-p-36779.html

Who says flying micros isn't funny ? ;-)
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
1 year ago I used to fly a gaui hurricane 425 - a 500 size helicopter(I had paid someone to assemble the kit and all my setup), because of this fact, I wasn't independent and it's been a year that my heli is lying on the shelf after a small crush. (I need to replace its blades)
If I feel like that should I stick with micro helis ? cause I remember that flying a big heli is much funnier.
The V911 is infamous for its durability. (Even though mine broke) Most of the guys on here have had very good experiences with the V911. In fact, I crashed mine several times before it showed any signs of stress. And all that broke were the main rotors, which are easily (and cheaply!) replaced on the V911.

Its a blast to fly. Its fast and its agile. You'll have a ton of fun with this bird without the need for conducting expensive repairs like those that your big helicopter requires.

If you're looking for a bigger bird as an alternative to a micro, thats still cheaper to fly and fix than your big heli, you should consider a DH 9116. I just got one and it appears to be solid, sturdy and durable. It does require maintenance over time though, but the parts are cheap, and the repairs are easy. Stuff you can do yourself.

But regardless, if you're considering a micro, I would highly recommend the V911. You'd be surprised by its performance and durability! It flies just as good, if not better than several more expensive micros out there, and it won't burn a hole in your wallet!

If you decide to get the V911 on banggood as recommended by mystman, be prepared to wait 2-4 weeks for shipping. Or you can pay a little more, get one from TMart for $41.99, shipped from a US warehouse (assuming you're in the US), and it'll be on your doorstep in a week.

http://www.tmart.com/New-Wltoys-V911...e_p160636.html
Last edited by HuskySpade; Oct 09, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:53 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,095 Posts
It's not even a question. These small, durable helis will rekindle your love for flying. Super durable and fun to fly inside. no lost of life in the even of a failed landing.

Tmart from all report is a good place to buy. Make sure it says shipping from a US warehouse. I believe theres an additional coupon code for TMart for the month of Oct. I swore I saw it listed this morning somewhere.

For the price, it's a no brainer.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:53 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like you are just doing general survey rather than seeking expert opinion, so I'll answer in that vein; I'd like to advance in this hobby too, but I would stick w/ micro's (specifically the cheap but well made variety), for the reasons you alluded to, big heli's can cause more damage (to equipment as well as bystanders) than I care to be responsible for, and also I simply don't have the time, money, or commitment to venture into big machines. Add to that there are constantly new and exciting new toys in the micro sizes coming out, so there's no shortage of new challenges either.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:41 PM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
Hey guys!
I've been lurking around this thread for a good few months now. Getting some really great info, and a laugh or two..

I got my first v911 late august this year and been flying it a few batts a day - give or take. Crashing more than actually landing the thing I've gotten pretty good at patching her up. (probably swapped every plastic part there is, oh yeah and the tail boom... ...tedious that is.)
Also did a couple of paddle mods and reverse/upside down tail engine mod, experiencing less drift in clockwise rotation! Although it hurts my brain a little having to readjust to a new flight pattern.

Anyways, as of about two weeks back I have noticed I don't get as much air time per battery as I used to. It's been gradually decreasing. So when I received a set of new 145mA batteries early this week I thought I'd be set for a while. I was wrong. Sure, there is an extra gram or so in the larger batteries but I don't think that is where the problem lies.. Could it be the main motor? And if so, how do I tell? Anyone else got a take on this? Otherwise I keep it running smoothly, well lubed and perfect trim.

Appreciate any help!
LeJaque is offline Find More Posts by LeJaque
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:46 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
671 Posts
Quote:
You can't go wrong with a V911, a lot of fun for the money. If a 300 size heli , as easy to fly, with parts almost as cheap, more reliable, almost crash resistant as a V911 for only twice the price go for the MJX F45. IMHO a better buy than a 9116. I own all of them plus a few micros, a V200D01 and a 450 clone. The F45 is my favorite followed by the V911.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJaque View Post
Anyways, as of about two weeks back I have noticed I don't get as much air time per battery as I used to. It's been gradually decreasing. So when I received a set of new 145mA batteries early this week I thought I'd be set for a while. I was wrong. Sure, there is an extra gram or so in the larger batteries but I don't think that is where the problem lies.. Could it be the main motor? And if so, how do I tell? Anyone else got a take on this? Otherwise I keep it running smoothly, well lubed and perfect trim.

Appreciate any help!
I haven't gotten any 150mAH batteries yet, but a few months back, I tested the 120mAH, 130mAH and a 145mAH.

I was not impressed with the 145mAH at all. While it did get longer flight time, the corter seemed sluggish throughout the flight.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8245

I'm waiting on some 150mAH's and maybe I'll repeat the test.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC