HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
I want to order a BNF v911 to bind it with a 9x transmitter.
Which v911 should I get? I read that original v911(black and orange colored) is a little different from the other v911 helis(yellow,white and blue,..)
Do you confirm the varience between the different v911 helis?
Which one is preferred/better?
ohad2 is offline Find More Posts by ohad2
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
Every one i have had seems to be different the blue white was good till it took a bath but was the most stable the red white was ok after i got a new flybar but the black orange had the best forward flight outside. That just my xp hopefully others will chime in. Whatever you do stock enough batteries as it sucks waiting for them to charge/
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:01 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
cool, how well does it fly? battery life?
Thanks!

She can fly almost as normal V911.
But battery life is very short.
And tail motor is very hot!
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:36 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,002 Posts
customized V911 SP2.7 V2

I finished my "custom V911" project ... well, ONE of them anyway ... and had a little fly in yesterday.
video and details about the project here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=232
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:45 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
453 Posts
The green looks fantastic! I might never see it outside, but I love the looks of it. As for all the other mods, you guys just amaze me! A canopy swap is about all I'm brave enough to try.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Just received my Yellow 911 Clone today. Banggood delivered to Oregon, USA in 13 days .
First observations:
Much louder than WL V911, High pitch whine.
Fly Bar broke on 3rd flight
Tail blade nicked easily.
Flight is very stable, hovers well.
Conclusion: WL's V911 is a better machine, it only lacks "fish-eye" swash plate.
I have 10 hours on my WL V911 and haven't replaced any parts. I suspect the clone uses lower grade plastic. I'll order "fish-eye" swash plate from Ebay, but otherwise stick with WL products.
75 Bravo is offline Find More Posts by 75 Bravo
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:50 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 Bravo View Post
Much louder than WL V911, High pitch whine.
My vision is VERY poor (legally blind), and I can't even see the copter if it's ten feet away. I locate it by sound, and I use the tonal change to determine if the nose, tail, or side is facing me. If you listen to yours as you slowly yaw it around, you'll hear what I mean. (The tone really changes as it nears the ground, as the grass absorbs the lower frequencies.) Flying by sound was relatively easy with my white and blue one. I thought the louder yellow heli would be easier for me to fly, but its tone hardly changes. The yellow one's orientation is much harder to hear, so I find it much harder to fly. I flew both of these with the same E-flite S300 canopy, so I would think the change in tone would be the same. I'm going to try some strategically placed foam to see if I can vary the tone. Yeah, that'll be a popular mod! I'm thinking I might stick with the WL versions, myself.

Rick
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:51 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
normal for me (but this is specifically personal experience, other people may get very different results) it usually takes another 3, sometimes 4 days once it says bethpage ... it usually says bethpage for 1 or 2 days, then philly sort facility for 1 day and on the 3rd or 4th it says arrival at unit (which usually means I get it delivered by the end of the day).
Now if bethpage happens to be on a friday, then it may take until the following wednesday - but definitely AT LEAST until Tuesday before I have it ...

(and this is pretty much a pattern, not ONE isolated, exceptional case ...
Looks like it will be here today...

Arrival at Unit
October 06, 2012, 5:50 am
STERLING HEIGHTS, MI 48311
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:57 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
My vision is VERY poor (legally blind), and I can't even see the copter if it's ten feet away. I locate it by sound, and I use the tonal change to determine if the nose, tail, or side is facing me. If you listen to yours as you slowly yaw it around, you'll hear what I mean. (The tone really changes as it nears the ground, as the grass absorbs the lower frequencies.) Flying by sound was relatively easy with my white and blue one. I thought the louder yellow heli would be easier for me to fly, but its tone hardly changes. The yellow one's orientation is much harder to hear, so I find it much harder to fly. I flew both of these with the same E-flite S300 canopy, so I would think the change in tone would be the same. I'm going to try some strategically placed foam to see if I can vary the tone. Yeah, that'll be a popular mod! I'm thinking I might stick with the WL versions, myself.

Rick
Hats off to you for being able to 'play it by ear'.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:02 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
453 Posts
There's a reason all my planes and helis are one-ounce micros! I used to fly the big stuff, but I figure nobody wants the blind guy at the controls of a 100 mph pattern plane.

Rick
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:13 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad2 View Post
Which v911 should I get? I read that original v911(black and orange colored) is a little different from the other v911 helis(yellow,white and blue,..)
I started with a Blue/White which came with a slightly bent flybar and therefore always had a slight vibration. I just got two new Red/Whites (old style battery connector) from Tmart. I tested both, but put one away for the future. The one I have tuned up and am flying is very smooth and very stable.

As soon as I have time to replace the receiver on the Blue/White I will give it a new flybar and see if that cures the vibration.

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,586 Posts
Other than the fisheye swashplate, I think the yellow clone also has a CF main shaft instead of the metal one found on the V911. While the CF shaft is lighter, the yellow canopy is heavier.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Settings for stock fs-th9x tx for V911

My brother just got his th9x tx and has had trouble. I linked him to the binding process, he found settings here somewhere (I can't find them) and now has 0 throttle and a switch broke off (I do not know which one, yet). Are there settings that someone has posted that I'm just not diligent enough to find for the stock firmware? His first bind, (before I could think to warn him ) it gave him throttle full time, so I don't think it's a defective tx. Thoughts?
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:06 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad2 View Post
There doesn't seem to be any method to the madness. I have 3 black and they all fly different. I also have a red and have had two other reds that were parted out. No 2 of the 6 fly the same. If you like an aggressive rudder I'd go with the black. Of my 3 black, 2 have aggressive rudders, unlike all the others. Still, I think you get what you get, but this has been my experience.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:48 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Other than the fisheye swashplate, I think the yellow clone also has a CF main shaft instead of the metal one found on the V911. While the CF shaft is lighter, the yellow canopy is heavier.
I'd like to add that the yellow (white) now has a motor at least as powerful as the wl toys ones (blk/orange, red/wh, blue/wh), which makes these the bnf of choice for me. For someone who flies almost exclusively indoors, the (admittedly slight) advantage in precise control of the yellow (white) seals the deal.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter