Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:59 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Yes it is a little high. I don't think I can get it any lower. And even if I could, I wouldn't be able to access the battery for swaps. As you can see, the battery is tight against the belly of the fuselage. I've seen some custom skids made from bicycle spokes I believe. I may have to play around with it a little more. It's getting there though. Once I get it just right I'll order a new body for it and fly this one till it falls off. Then I'll make it perfect.
I think bicycle spokes would be too heavy, perhaps thin piano wire would be better or some carbon fibre tubes
scotsoft is online now Find More Posts by scotsoft
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Fp

A little bit off topic, but I want to know… How does the V911 compares to Walkera Super FP? Does anybody has it?
I’m leaning now the mini CP but it is a completely different animal… and thinking of “hobby” rate (and money), Is the FP worth it?
I mean, I love the 911, but as mentioned here, each heli is different (perhaps QC) so are most FP the same?
jfdpl686 is offline Find More Posts by jfdpl686
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:23 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam2k View Post
sounds like a good idea what sinks did ya buy can ya hook a brother up with a link? Gotta say love these helis!!
I got a bag full of various ones (posted pics a while back) from a local liquidation warehouse called Mendelsons. Not sure what they are used for normally though. I was just looking for certain diameters and had my scale with me to weigh them. Some might be Transistor OP heat-sinks or something I think, not sure. Seen some like that on for sale on ebay that some have used for helis. You can buy a heatsink made for the msrx main motor which I have on my rtf main motor, but price wise I am going with my own ones for now on.

Some people dont seem to have much heat issues, but I like flying back to back when I want and never worry about a hot motor. NOTE: as pointed out by someone previously, if you make any by cutting down other heat-sinks etc. you must make sure it is not tight around the motor or you can lock it up since they have a thin casing. It needs to touch to transfer heat obviously. I want to find better glue though. I mix BSI maxi-cure CA glue with artic silver 5 to help heat transfer but if I dont get it right it doesnt stay on the tail motor well enough because of the artic silver 5 mixed in. I guess a think layer of CA may be good enough and not inhibit transfer of heat, not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
I improved upper head again and again today.
I connected the bell lever of upper blade to swash-plate.
Upper and Lower blades be controlled by swash-plate.
Is this real 4-blades?

see my pages
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...12&postcount=7
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post22908912
cool, how well does it fly? battery life?
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
Well, I put in my new fish eye swashplate. It is terrible. Its been removed and my heli is back to the way it was. What a shaky, wobbly mess that was. On the plus side, my 150mah batteries are awesome. 2 to 3 minutes longer flight (imprecise, but approximate)
Interesting...

After liking my Y911 (that comes with fisheye), I got fisheyes and converted all 4 of my V911.

They are heavier than stock, but the CF main shaft makes it about even.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:23 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Yes it is a little high. I don't think I can get it any lower. And even if I could, I wouldn't be able to access the battery for swaps. As you can see, the battery is tight against the belly of the fuselage. I've seen some custom skids made from bicycle spokes I believe. I may have to play around with it a little more. It's getting there though. Once I get it just right I'll order a new body for it and fly this one till it falls off. Then I'll make it perfect.
Well, the Augusta is really supposed to have wheels, not skids... As for accessing the battery. Contrary to the V911 manual, you don't have to have the bird sitting on a flat surface when you install the battery as long as you set her down immediately after and let her sit until the receiver has initialized.

I never could manage to plug in a battery while the bird was sitting on the table.

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:23 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
Well, I put in my new fish eye swashplate. It is terrible. Its been removed and my heli is back to the way it was. What a shaky, wobbly mess that was. On the plus side, my 150mah batteries are awesome. 2 to 3 minutes longer flight (imprecise, but approximate)
weird. I have 4 v911's and the only one that wobbles is the the one w/o the fisheye swash. Another did before the fisheye swash.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Sep 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I think bicycle spokes would be too heavy, perhaps thin piano wire would be better or some carbon fibre tubes
I remember that post. It was umbrella spokes.

Owen
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:37 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Well, the Augusta is really supposed to have wheels, not skids...
Owen
Sorry to dissappoint you Owen

John.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Sorry to dissappoint you Owen

John.
Mea Culpa...

You did have to rub it in, didn't you...

Owen
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:55 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Mea Culpa...

You did have to rub it in, didn't you...

Owen

They were just to show it was not a one of

John.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
weird. I have 4 v911's and the only one that wobbles is the the one w/o the fisheye swash. Another did before the fisheye swash.
Another reason for wobble is the screw for the flybar is too tight. It's not inconceivable that this could happen after reassembly replacing the swash.
I'm impatiently waiting for some fisheye swash plates from China myself...

Owen
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Well, the Augusta is really supposed to have wheels, not skids... As for accessing the battery. Contrary to the V911 manual, you don't have to have the bird sitting on a flat surface when you install the battery as long as you set her down immediately after and let her sit until the receiver has initialized.

I never could manage to plug in a battery while the bird was sitting on the table.

Owen
If I lowered the fuselage the battery would be inside the canopy and I would therefore have no access. If you look at the pic I reversed the battery tray so the battery loads from the front now for better weight distribution.

I've never even thought to try to insert the battery while the 911 was down on the deck. I guess I never read the manual either.

Quote:
I remember that post. It was umbrella spokes.

Owen
Yes, umbrella spokes! Thank you sir. May have to go steal a rib from the wifey's umbrella.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:02 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Was that the one with the Hughes 300 canopy? I've also just fitted a Red/White with the Esky Nano Huges 300 canopy. The canopy is lighter than stock, and the bird actually feels more agile. It looks a lot nicer too. I never liked the "RC Helicopter look". Absolutely love this bird, and floats would look great on it. Maybe the floats actually help with FFF, as a little extra drag low down should help her tilt forwards? I'll be keeping my eyes open for those foak darts the next time we're at the dollar store! Did you weigh your floats?

And.. Does it float? (Not that any of us would be crazy enough to try to land on water...)

My Hughes 300 V911 will be my "daily driver"

I wish WL Toys would start making V911s with different fuselages for those of us who think a helicopter should look like a helicopter.

Owen
Yes, that was the Hughes 300. Now that you mention it, the extra drag of the floats just might give it more forward tilt at speed. As for their weight, my el-cheapo digital scale doesn't show a difference. Yes, it floats, but nose high. I didn't have the battery in when I tried it, though.

I prefer them to look like real aircraft, too. Are you listening, WL?

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Interesting...

After liking my Y911 (that comes with fisheye), I got fisheyes and converted all 4 of my V911.

They are heavier than stock, but the CF main shaft makes it about even.
Perhaps that's the difference. My set up right now has the springs on top and bottom of the stock swashplate and the links on the short balls on top of the swashplate. I tried similar with the fisheye (with and without the springs) and it shook like crazy. The canopy was visibly blurry in the air and it drifted like it did before all my adjusting.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Another reason for wobble is the screw for the flybar is too tight. It's not inconceivable that this could happen after reassembly replacing the swash.
I'm impatiently waiting for some fisheye swash plates from China myself...

Owen
I got my fisheye on eBay from the states and in less than 1 week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110958474324...84.m1497.l2649

Every time I reassemble I test the flybar screw obsessively.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80