SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:18 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Dont sweat it ... that is what I get for my curiousity ...
Like I mentioned in the post about pulling the trigger, I really want to KNOW what is going on with these batteries, and from what I can read (here and elsewhere) the only thing I get is confused
So, to me the only satisfactory solution is to get one in my sweaty heli-crackhead hands ...
And someone will be happy once it goes up in the classifieds ... I hope ... (doubt I will keep it, as my "museum" is neither big enough, nor do I have ALL the other different versions ...)
Main thing here is: Friday is review day ... WLT, watch out!!!
I think I might have found the connectors used in this post.
You will see the Pico and Mico connectors in one of the pictures.
I have both chargeing harnesses (pico and micro) and I know the pico is not what is used on the new V911 battery but it uses the micro which is used on the MCPX.
I do not think the parkflyer or msr uses the larger one but the pico.
Ideas?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:25 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
I think I might have found the connectors used in this post.
You will see the Pico and Mico connectors in one of the pictures.
I have both chargeing harnesses (pico and micro) and I know the pico is not what is used on the new V911 battery but it uses the micro which is used on the MCPX.
I do not think the parkflyer or msr uses the larger one but the pico.
Ideas?
I also saw the "denomination" of pico and micro plugs on HK recently ... just give me a week and I know an answer on this one - tmart already claims it has been shipped (which of course for now only means someone printed a label ... but hey, its a start and FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR superior to the wait times from China ... ... )
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:42 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I also saw the "denomination" of pico and micro plugs on HK recently ... just give me a week and I know an answer on this one - tmart already claims it has been shipped (which of course for now only means someone printed a label ... but hey, its a start and FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR superior to the wait times from China ... ... )
I ordered a BNF V929 from them 9/22 - shipped 9/26 and it is in status below
October 05, 2012
BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Depart USPS Sort Facility
Might get tomorrow maybe??? Not bad from China and with all the holiday stuff going on.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Are you sure your tx was in fast rate? I'm able to get fairly decent speed forwards in fast rate. The easiest way to check is to hold your cyclic stick hard right or left and toggle the dual rate switch. You should see the indicator on the LCD toggle from about 2/3 to full over. You should also see the left servo move a bit further.
I could tell it was in fast rate because it spins like crazy with very little rudder input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
One way to maximize FFF is to unscrew the right servo horn from the servo and move it one notch up, then trim the bird mechanically so that it hovers neutrally indoors with the trim almost all the way back. Outdoors you fly with the trim all the way forwards for extra speed. You won't notice it much when hovering outdoors in wind as the extra cyclic forwards is going to help you hold against the wind and you are going to have to work the stick anyway. Moving the servo horn up one notch changes the geometry so that you get more travel forwards than back. These birds tend to be more than fast enough in reverse anyway... Double check before flying that nothing is mechanically blocking the servo at full forwards trim and retrim if necessary.
So, indoors, tx trim all the way back for neutral, full forward tx trim then for outdoor. Hmmm... Maybe I'll be ordering a bnf for outdoor, as I just got this back where I want it for indoor. Lol this really is a sickness... An awesome sickness.
elkabong80 is online now Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:31 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
I ordered a BNF V929 from them 9/22 - shipped 9/26 and it is in status below
October 05, 2012
BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Depart USPS Sort Facility
Might get tomorrow maybe??? Not bad from China and with all the holiday stuff going on.
normal for me (but this is specifically personal experience, other people may get very different results) it usually takes another 3, sometimes 4 days once it says bethpage ... it usually says bethpage for 1 or 2 days, then philly sort facility for 1 day and on the 3rd or 4th it says arrival at unit (which usually means I get it delivered by the end of the day).
Now if bethpage happens to be on a friday, then it may take until the following wednesday - but definitely AT LEAST until Tuesday before I have it ...

(and this is pretty much a pattern, not ONE isolated, exceptional case ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Aug 2012
379 Posts
So as most of us have wl toys birds in there air at a given time(some have more then one type v911 v929) i have a question. For those who have a better radio this question is for you.Should i get the FS-TH9X from hobbypartz or wait till they get in the six channel i ask because money is tight. And to be honest i am not sure if i would use all the dials and such on the 9 channel.
One of the reasons i want a better radio is because each of my birds fly a bit different plus it would be nice when things get less tight so i can try more stuff.So as many as have the time chime in please it would help me amensely.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
421 Posts
Gorilla Glue Sticks to Frame!

OK, I just got back from flying the heli I crushed under the chair. It seems that the Gorilla Glue will hold the frame quite well. I'm a happy boy again! If it eventually fails, I'll let you know.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
OK, I just got back from flying the heli I crushed under the chair. It seems that the Gorilla Glue will hold the frame quite well. I'm a happy boy again! If it eventually fails, I'll let you know.

Rick
Great to hear you are back in the air again Rick

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:13 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
421 Posts
Thanks! There's nothing lower than a grounded pilot.

By the way, I was out in an eleven MPH wind with a yellow 911 with floats, and I had no trouble traveling in any direction. I just love the wind handling capabilities of these things.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:25 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Made some adjustments last night. Followed Cyrus' lead and turned the battery around and moved the fuselage back. Definately looks better. Flies about the same.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Oct 05, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:33 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Made some adjustments last night. Followed Cyrus lead and turned the battery around and moved the fuselage forward. Definately looks better. Flies about the same.
Looking at your pictures it is looking very good but the fuselage is very high up off the ground.

The skids need shortening quite a bit or something else in their place

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:37 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Last edited by Budasac; Oct 05, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:44 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Looking at your pictures it is looking very good but the fuselage is very high up off the ground.

The skids need shortening quite a bit or something else in their place

John.
Yes it is a little high. I don't think I can get it any lower. And even if I could, I wouldn't be able to access the battery for swaps. As you can see, the battery is tight against the belly of the fuselage. I've seen some custom skids made from bicycle spokes I believe. I may have to play around with it a little more. It's getting there though. Once I get it just right I'll order a new body for it and fly this one till it falls off. Then I'll make it perfect.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:48 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Thanks! There's nothing lower than a grounded pilot.

By the way, I was out in an eleven MPH wind with a yellow 911 with floats, and I had no trouble traveling in any direction. I just love the wind handling capabilities of these things.

Rick
Was that the one with the Hughes 300 canopy? I've also just fitted a Red/White with the Esky Nano Huges 300 canopy. The canopy is lighter than stock, and the bird actually feels more agile. It looks a lot nicer too. I never liked the "RC Helicopter look". Absolutely love this bird, and floats would look great on it. Maybe the floats actually help with FFF, as a little extra drag low down should help her tilt forwards? I'll be keeping my eyes open for those foak darts the next time we're at the dollar store! Did you weigh your floats?

And.. Does it float? (Not that any of us would be crazy enough to try to land on water...)

My Hughes 300 V911 will be my "daily driver"

I wish WL Toys would start making V911s with different fuselages for those of us who think a helicopter should look like a helicopter.

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:58 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Until then we just have to make our own. I love the Esky canopy I got. The Hughes 300 looks great too. I also dig the Blue/white Bravo sx canopy. (the camo one looks cool too).