HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:55 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
You could return that and get a programmable 9116-26 for the same price for much more control and the ability to have mode 1 with a push of a few buttons.

http://www.xheli.com/67p-9116-26.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html
I was looking for some parts for my 9116 and saw a guy listing that tx as an "Upgraded V911 / 9958 tx". Asking $40
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:01 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I was looking for some parts for my 9116 and saw a guy listing that tx as an "Upgraded V911 / 9958 tx". Asking $40
I've seen it for 30-50 which is crazy considering you can get the rtf dh 9116 for 50. They know some people don't know and don't research. I'm loving the 9116-26 with the v911 BTW.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:11 AM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Wait. I don't want to eat my words. You can switch modes right? It shows you can, and the manual says you can, but then why does stormforce and the manual explain how to physically do it?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1590956
Last edited by Bvc; Oct 05, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:48 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Wait. I don't want to eat my words. You can switch modes right? It shows you can, and the manual says you can, but then why does stormforce and the manual explain how to physically do it?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1590956
You can switch to mode 1 in the menu, HOWEVER, the right stick (which is now Elev) is spring loaded and always centered. If you were to truly use it as Mode 1 you would have to swap the sticks.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Hey everyone I'm sure this has been covered before but after searching through the forum I have yet to find a solution. When I am in FFF my v911 literally wants to point its nose directly at the ground and majority of the time that's where it ends up. Also I am finding that in left bank turns the heli also loses a great deal of altitude quickly and the only way to stop this is to release the right control stick and throttle up as quick as possible. Am I missing something or is this just a flight characteristic that I will just have to learn to live with?
mjcatc6 is offline Find More Posts by mjcatc6
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:44 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
You can try the new swash type that has a ball joint, but it won't help -that- much:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-v...579811607.html

Other then that, as far as I know, you'll have to learn to live with it
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:38 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
That is what I have to strongly suppose after what Makdaddy said ... but like I said, I want to KNOW, and not suppose, so I just had to order one ...
If these are mSR size batteries with mCPX style plugs, then WLToys just stays true to their "character" ... make proprietary batteries and try to force people buying that stuff. Even though it is completely unnecessary to p .iss people of with this crap, as they make the best heli for the money and would really NOT NEED to do this to make people spend money on their product ... quite on the contrary, I believe if they would finally go over to standardizing stuff, the company who first does it gets a lot of traffic exactly BECAUSE they finally DONT try to milk people for all they got anymore ...

And if you look at all the guys who just go and MOD the helis to fit THEIR needs (no matter what the company wants us to do) if the "base product" is good ... or great (like in the V911 case) then it is also quite obviously incredibly POINTLESS, as - in the end - WE get what WE want ... one way or the other!!!
P.ISS us off too long ... and suffer the consequences ...
I didn't mean for you to buy one - I figured you seemed to have a lot of different heli's in your fleet and might be using the adapter I listed. I have not pulled the trigger on buying one yet (have a V929 that will be here any day now) and just got a regular BNF V911.
I wanted to help HuskySpade as he is new to this and figured buying older would not be in his best interest as you know the older style will probably be fazed out pretty quick. I already invested in the older style thought but am in need to replace most of my batteries. Old-new humm...
I really like the new style skid - battery does not angle towards the ground either like the older version. Would be nice to go to my LHS and pic up a battery if need be, plus the added benefit of using my Accucell 6 to charge 6 batts at once.
The major aspect I think is the new shipping restrictions on Li-po's from china coming to the US, not sure how the future is going to look.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 05, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:50 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
And Makdaddy, you are a genius for suggesting one of the charger screws! Looks like it'll fit perfectly!
I am no genius - I just read a lot. The screw from the charger was mentioned here on this thread several hundred pages ago but to be honest I do not remember the actual "genius" name. I heard the Benma Helios 100 from banggood has a screw kit that most of it should work for the V911. For some reason WLtoys does not make one.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:45 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy;22918188[B
]I didn't mean for you to buy one - I figured you seemed to have a lot of different heli's in your fleet and might be using the adapter I listed[/B]. I have not pulled the trigger on buying one yet (have a V929 that will be here any day now) and just got a regular BNF V911.
I wanted to help HuskySpade as he is new to this and figured buying older would not be in his best interest as you know the older style will probably be fazed out pretty quick. I already invested in the older style thought but am in need to replace most of my batteries. Old-new humm...
I really like the new style skid - battery does not angle towards the ground either like the older version. Would be nice to go to my LHS and pic up a battery if need be, plus the added benefit of using my Accucell 6 to charge 6 batts at once.
The major aspect I think is the new shipping restrictions on Li-po's from china coming to the US, not sure how the future is going to look.
Dont sweat it ... that is what I get for my curiousity ...
Like I mentioned in the post about pulling the trigger, I really want to KNOW what is going on with these batteries, and from what I can read (here and elsewhere) the only thing I get is confused
So, to me the only satisfactory solution is to get one in my sweaty heli-crackhead hands ...
And someone will be happy once it goes up in the classifieds ... I hope ... (doubt I will keep it, as my "museum" is neither big enough, nor do I have ALL the other different versions ...)
Main thing here is: Friday is review day ... WLT, watch out!!!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:50 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I just got back in from flying my v911 outside for the first time since I got it. It's the first day with no wind or rain we've had in over a month!

I took off in slow mode and did a few pirouettes then decided to get gutsy and give fast mode a go. I really wanted to zoom around the yard, up and down, try to zip through my son's slides and maybe test the range. The result was extremely underwhelming. Forward flight was super slow. It always seemed very quick in my garage. The area in my back yard that I was flying straight in was not much bigger than the garage I'm used to flying in. When I slammed it forward full rudder and increased throttle I was met with a very sluggish heli. It took forever to return to me from 10-15 feet away. The only time I had quick flight was when pirouetting out of control and into my legs!

I'm not trying to do any wind surfing, as I do not feel I am ready for that just yet. I just see all these videos of v911s zooming across rooms and fields on seemingly windless days and now I'm kind of jealous!

I guess the point to my rambling is: Is something wrong? It zips forward for about 4 or 6 feet then kind of settles in and the blades seem to level out instead of keeping the increased pitch. I'm going to fly it again in the garage tonight to make sure I'm not crazy. I just got my fish eye swashplate in the mail today, so I'm going to try that as well, coupled with my new stock main gear and 150mah batteries. Maybe all that will fix it. If not, back to the drawing board.
Are you sure your tx was in fast rate? I'm able to get fairly decent speed forwards in fast rate. The easiest way to check is to hold your cyclic stick hard right or left and toggle the dual rate switch. You should see the indicator on the LCD toggle from about 2/3 to full over. You should also see the left servo move a bit further.

One way to maximize FFF is to unscrew the right servo horn from the servo and move it one notch up, then trim the bird mechanically so that it hovers neutrally indoors with the trim almost all the way back. Outdoors you fly with the trim all the way forwards for extra speed. You won't notice it much when hovering outdoors in wind as the extra cyclic forwards is going to help you hold against the wind and you are going to have to work the stick anyway. Moving the servo horn up one notch changes the geometry so that you get more travel forwards than back. These birds tend to be more than fast enough in reverse anyway... Double check before flying that nothing is mechanically blocking the servo at full forwards trim and retrim if necessary.

As for radio range, the bird will become difficult to see and you'll have trouble figuring out which way she is pointed long before you loose radio contact.

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:13 AM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
You can switch to mode 1 in the menu, HOWEVER, the right stick (which is now Elev) is spring loaded and always centered. If you were to truly use it as Mode 1 you would have to swap the sticks.
Duh! LOL. I realized that this morning when I woke up. Thanks.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:05 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
One way to maximize FFF is to unscrew the right servo horn from the servo and move it one notch up, then trim the bird mechanically so that it hovers neutrally indoors with the trim almost all the way back.
I have to say this really helped me. It's like a totally new heli. I also moved the aileron servo arm down one notch to radically improve left speed. Now it both seems to fly smoother and it goes twice as fast forward and left. Before I could not make smooth sweeping CCW turns, now it flies great.

Weird thing is, even with the trim in the middle it doesn't really try to fly forward despite having moved the arm. I did have to redo the mechanical trim for the aileron though. It flies much better in general now.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:02 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
455 Posts
Gorilla Glue

After dropping a chair on my brand new yellow heli and breaking the frame yesterday, I was pretty bummed. This morning I was in a better mood and decided to try gluing it back together with Gorilla Glue White. (not sure if anybody has tried this) It looks like a white, foamy growth, but so far, it seems to be holding. After it cures completely I'll give it a whirl.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,688 Posts
Let us know how it holds. I found not much sticks to these types of plastic. I have the best luck with epoxy. But don't like using that stuff.

Otherwise, we're possible, thread wrap or carbon fiber rods smash up till its flat and flexible and can wrap/conform to the broken area. Then use CA to reenforce and solidify the carbon fiber cast.

That's why I always keep broken tail booms on hand. They are great to be used this way.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:34 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
455 Posts
The square "tube" that holds the tail boom broke out cleanly from the shaft housing and the two diagonal braces at the rear of the frame. It would actually snap back into place, but I could easily snap it back out. I applied the glue to the three broken areas and snapped the piece back in. As the glue foamed and expanded, it oozed out around the edges and sort of encapsulated the breaks. Even if the Gorilla Glue doesn't bond to the plastic, I think it might hold things in place. ...I hope. I'm giving it plenty of time to cure, but I'll report on my success or failure.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon