Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:37 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
I found my blue and white one to be quite fast. Winds were seven to ten mph the day I first took it outside. I had no trouble at all flying upwind. Flying full speed downwind was scary fast for me. Make sure you have the pushrods in the outermost holes on the servo arms. If they're in the inner holes it'll be quite slow.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:57 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,180 Posts
Lately I've been seeing terms like "new version" and "old-style batteries" and now I'm confused. Are they now shipping the v911s with a Eflite connector on them? I'm guessing what people are calling "old-style" is the NineEagle battery connector since that's what 3 of mine have.

The only "new version" of the v911 that I know of is the Yellow (or unpainted White) and it also uses the same NE battery connector even though it's not a real v911.

I also know that the transmitter was changed farily quickly so there are 2 versions of the Tx that I'm aware of.

Or is it that some people selling the v911 are changing the battery connector before selling them on ebay or wherever? If it's not sold at BangGood or FireCabbage in a certain configuration then being pre-modded can introduce problems that none of the rest of us are having.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:04 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
Lately I've been seeing terms like "new version" and "old-style batteries" and now I'm confused. Are they now shipping the v911s with a Eflite connector on them? I'm guessing what people are calling "old-style" is the NineEagle battery connector since that's what 3 of mine have.

The only "new version" of the v911 that I know of is the Yellow (or unpainted White) and it also uses the same NE battery connector even though it's not a real v911.

I also know that the transmitter was changed farily quickly so there are 2 versions of the Tx that I'm aware of.

Or is it that some people selling the v911 are changing the battery connector before selling them on ebay or wherever? If it's not sold at BangGood or FireCabbage in a certain configuration then being pre-modded can introduce problems that none of the rest of us are having.
If you go to the tmart website, you will see what people referring to, when they talk of new style. Honestly, to me "new style" is actually old news, as people were doing this as a mod for a looong time now to be able to use the eflite compatible batteries (so it is only that a company finally adjusts to what a lot of people wanted anyway, and WLToys was a lot better in listening to "consumers" wishes than most other companies, ever since they "popped up on the scene" ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:14 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
If you go to the tmart website, you will see what people referring to, when they talk of new style. Honestly, to me "new style" is actually old news, as people were doing this as a mod for a looong time now to be able to use the eflite compatible batteries (so it is only that a company finally adjusts to what a lot of people wanted anyway, and WLToys was a lot better in listening to "consumers" wishes than most other companies, ever since they "popped up on the scene" ...)
Erdnuckel, I know you have several birds as well as battery types, this is the style connector used on the newer version V911 (forgive me but I am still learning connectors and sizes) - I verified it using this charge adapter on HuskySpade's new V911 copter.
Is this the same size connector used with the eflight style batteries you are refeering to? I am not sure they are micro or pico or whatever. Would a battery from a MSXR work then? Or is it more like this style or are they the same besides the mah?

I did notice on HuskySpade's copter is that if you were to break the skids, you will not have to solder anything as the plug uses two screws on a plate type connector. Now that is a major modification on WLtoys part.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 04, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post

My current V911 has been commissioned now as a parts copter as it cannot fly. When doing one more final test of the new blades (minus one screw) I lost my servo links and cannot find them....
Sorry for your recent misfortunes. You can use a screw in a bind from a charger. However you are missing the servo links which are hard to replace. Keep your chin up, I know how you feel. You will be flying in no time.
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 04, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
I just received two Red/White BNFs from Tmart and they have the old style battery connector (which I am happy with), so I hope you didn't send those batteries back?

PS: Oh, shoot.... Do you have a charger for the old style batteries you bought?
You really have been unlucky. Most of us have not had this kind of trouble with our V911s.

Note to W.L. Toys. If it works, don't fix it!!!

Owen
Owen I disagree, I believe this is an improvement. You can replace the skids without having to solder anything. My major issue right now is the connector that I hope erdnuckel2 can verify. If the connector is like the charging harness I have, I will be able to charge multiple batteries at one time and I will modify the ones I have with the new style skids.
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 04, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Owen I disagree, I believe this is an improvement. You can replace the skids without having to solder anything. My major issue right now is the connector that I hope erdnuckel2 can verify. If the connector is like the charging harness I have, I will be able to charge multiple batteries at one time and I will modify the ones I have with the new style skids.
Sorry, but I have maybe 6 or so of the old ones (I honestly dont remember how many I bought over time, but quite a few. And I really dont want to have to buy that "new" one, just to be able to put my 2 cents in first hand (as I usually tend to do ...)

SO, I can only go by the pictures from the tmart site - and that plug sure looks like an eflite compatible plug (and several people have called these new batteries UM style, parkflyer style and who knows what, so between the pictures and the comments I am pretty confident this IS a eflite (ie mSR style) plug ...

In practice this would mean being able to use the same batteries for the 911 and the nano CPX ... and that would be great (even though I could care less ... sorry ... as I really have enough of these batteries to fly both helis, no matter if they fit universally or not ...)

So to be honest, yes I do think overall this would be an improvement, but not really one that knocks me out my socks ... ... plus, it is still by far no optimal solution, a long wire with the "female" end, coming from the pcb to go around and plug into the battery would be a lot better, because then you would REALLY be "free" in your choice of skids ... (which is why a friendly person made exactly this for me on one of my 911 (a red/white one) and I can use it with turnigy and solo pro skids ... (this is going to become the ultra light 911, if I ever indeed finish this project ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:24 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for your recent misfortunes. You can use a screw in a bind from a charger. However you are missing the servo links which are hard to replace. Keep your chin up, I know how you feel. You will be flying in no time.
I just realized how wrong I was about the servo links!! It wasn't the servo links I lost, It was one of the connection rods, that connect the swash to the blades. (I feel like an idiot) Got my parts confused.

In lieu of this, I ordered two replacement connection rods from helipal as they were the only site I've found to have it. Maybe with some replacement blades and the replacement connection rods, I can have my current V911 up and flying again.

And Makdaddy, you are a genius for suggesting one of the charger screws! Looks like it'll fit perfectly!
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
Quote:
Erdnuckel, I know you have several birds as well as battery types, this is the style connector used on the newer version V911 (forgive me but I am still learning connectors and sizes) - I verified it using this charge adapter on HuskySpade's new V911 copter.
Is this the same size connector used with the eflight style batteries you are refeering to? I am not sure they are micro or pico or whatever. Would a battery from a MSXR work then? Or is it more like this style or are they the same besides the mah?

I did notice on HuskySpade's copter is that if you were to break the skids, you will not have to solder anything as the plug uses two screws on a plate type connector. Now that is a major modification on WLtoys part.
Oh well, I guess I WILL have to buy one of the new ones now, because what you are basically saying is that it is mSR size batteries with an mCPX connector (and honestly, the two look awfully similar if you see a detail picture of the connector alone) - the way I understood it, it is the mSR plug (which according to you it isnt) man, this gets more and more confusing, and the only way to clear this up would be to get my hands on one ... too bad I will have to wait until next payday ... at least
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Well, I put in my new fish eye swashplate. It is terrible. Its been removed and my heli is back to the way it was. What a shaky, wobbly mess that was. On the plus side, my 150mah batteries are awesome. 2 to 3 minutes longer flight (imprecise, but approximate)
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
ok, I just cant deal with that ... I ordered the new v911 because I finally want to have clarity in the battery department ...

should have it next friday if they stick to their "promisses" ... then I will look at the thing, do my review and put it up for sale ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:07 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,099 Posts
Nice. Take one for the team.

I am guessing it's mCPX style connectors.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Nice. Take one for the team.

I am guessing it's mCPX style connectors.
That is what I have to strongly suppose after what Makdaddy said ... but like I said, I want to KNOW, and not suppose, so I just had to order one ...
If these are mSR size batteries with mCPX style plugs, then WLToys just stays true to their "character" ... make proprietary batteries and try to force people buying that stuff. Even though it is completely unnecessary to p .iss people of with this crap, as they make the best heli for the money and would really NOT NEED to do this to make people spend money on their product ... quite on the contrary, I believe if they would finally go over to standardizing stuff, the company who first does it gets a lot of traffic exactly BECAUSE they finally DONT try to milk people for all they got anymore ...

And if you look at all the guys who just go and MOD the helis to fit THEIR needs (no matter what the company wants us to do) if the "base product" is good ... or great (like in the V911 case) then it is also quite obviously incredibly POINTLESS, as - in the end - WE get what WE want ... one way or the other!!!
P.ISS us off too long ... and suffer the consequences ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:18 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
If it'll work with the batteries for my ParkZone Ultra Micro planes, I'll buy your heli from you. Heaven knows I've been going through these things at an alarming rate. ...one a day, lately!

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:39 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG8PSI View Post
Thanks Rickster, i ordered a new TX.

Cheers
You could return that and get a programmable 9116-26 for the same price for much more control and the ability to have mode 1 with a push of a few buttons .....EDIT....and manually switching sticks.

http://www.xheli.com/67p-9116-26.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Last edited by Bvc; Oct 05, 2012 at 08:09 AM.