HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:52 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Well, just consider how much you would be crying if it had been a $500 or $1000 helicopter. The damage you would have done to that would have bought you a dozen new BNF V911s.

The solution is: More helicopters!
Believe me I understand how expensive it could have been! I also think I'll try your solution. By the way, my wife, the Airmail Traffic Controller was looking over my shoulder as I read your post. She says she doesn't like you.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:09 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Just ordered a new V911 from TMart (regrettably). So it looks like my current one, is turning into a parts helicopter.

A bit frustrated at the moment, but whatever.
I just received two Red/White BNFs from Tmart and they have the old style battery connector (which I am happy with), so I hope you didn't send those batteries back?

PS: Oh, shoot.... Do you have a charger for the old style batteries you bought?
You really have been unlucky. Most of us have not had this kind of trouble with our V911s.

Note to W.L. Toys. If it works, don't fix it!!!

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Last edited by nagromnewo; Oct 04, 2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added the PS.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:18 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Run this by me just one more time. The new ones have connectors like the 9958 or the old ones??? cause I have 4 with the connectors like The Trex 100 (not the same made that mistake ordering batteries) But I have 2 9958's and lots of batteries so will the 9958 batteries fit the new 911 or what???
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Just one small incident with a 450 is the price of a BNF v911 and if you bend the main shaft and feathering shaft and strip a gear you can buy 2
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:03 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Run this by me just one more time. The new ones have connectors like the 9958 or the old ones??? cause I have 4 with the connectors like The Trex 100 (not the same made that mistake ordering batteries) But I have 2 9958's and lots of batteries so will the 9958 batteries fit the new 911 or what???
According to makdaddy http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13133
the battery connector is larger than that for 9958 batteries.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:12 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,209 Posts
white v911 indoor flight

The white one is identical to the yellow as far as components and fit, flight characteristics is similar enough to call it the same in my book. Nice flying heli.

wl toys v911 (white clone) (2 min 35 sec)
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
I just received two Red/White BNFs from Tmart and they have the old style battery connector (which I am happy with), so I hope you didn't send those batteries back?

PS: Oh, shoot.... Do you have a charger for the old style batteries you bought?
You really have been unlucky. Most of us have not had this kind of trouble with our V911s.

Note to W.L. Toys. If it works, don't fix it!!!

Owen
I don't have a charger to fit the old style batteries. So they'll be going back. Another thing is, they don't have BNFs in the new style yet, so I ended up ordering the full set of the new V911.

My current V911 has been commissioned now as a parts copter as it cannot fly. When doing one more final test of the new blades (minus one screw) I lost my servo links and cannot find them. (Stupidity on my part).

First it was a bad transmitter, then it was a broken blade and the replacements that didn't fit, then it was a lost screw, then it was the lost servo links. I can say confidently, that luck has not been on my side with this V911.

It will be a painful 3-5 days waiting for the new one to arrive. I even paid for faster shipping so I could get my hands on it quicker.

On the up-side; when the new V911 arrives, I'll have four batteries and two chargers total, plus, when my other four batteries arrive, that'll make eight batteries. So I think i'll be set for awhile on power. And to top it off, I'll have lots of spare parts to use if needed.

The whole experience has been one filled with frustration and constant problems. But thanks to you guys on here, i've learned a lot and I hope to apply that knowledge to my experience moving forward.

Let's just hope the new V911 won't come with all the misfortune that my current V911 has.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Last edited by HuskySpade; Oct 04, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Im using the replacement blades that came with the heli.

What I am going to try, is spraying some lubricant in the new blade's holes. See if that frees them up a little bit...
Maybe try to roll up a light grade sand paper around a needle,to make the hole a bit bigger
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
And I was so pumped...

I just got back in from flying my v911 outside for the first time since I got it. It's the first day with no wind or rain we've had in over a month!

I took off in slow mode and did a few pirouettes then decided to get gutsy and give fast mode a go. I really wanted to zoom around the yard, up and down, try to zip through my son's slides and maybe test the range. The result was extremely underwhelming. Forward flight was super slow. It always seemed very quick in my garage. The area in my back yard that I was flying straight in was not much bigger than the garage I'm used to flying in. When I slammed it forward full rudder and increased throttle I was met with a very sluggish heli. It took forever to return to me from 10-15 feet away. The only time I had quick flight was when pirouetting out of control and into my legs!

I'm not trying to do any wind surfing, as I do not feel I am ready for that just yet. I just see all these videos of v911s zooming across rooms and fields on seemingly windless days and now I'm kind of jealous!

I guess the point to my rambling is: Is something wrong? It zips forward for about 4 or 6 feet then kind of settles in and the blades seem to level out instead of keeping the increased pitch. I'm going to fly it again in the garage tonight to make sure I'm not crazy. I just got my fish eye swashplate in the mail today, so I'm going to try that as well, coupled with my new stock main gear and 150mah batteries. Maybe all that will fix it. If not, back to the drawing board.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:03 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I took off in slow mode and did a few pirouettes then decided to get gutsy and give fast mode a go. I really wanted to zoom around the yard, up and down, try to zip through my son's slides and maybe test the range. The result was extremely underwhelming.
More throttle is all I can say. It's not going to move unless you're losing altitude or applying serious throttle. Sweeping clockwise high throttle turns are great for picking up speed.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:22 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Just a little video of my white V911 flying in a cramped space..These things are just great, only negative is that my Black/Orange one burnt out the main motor after around 25 flights..

WL TOYS V911 FLYING IN CRAMPED INDOOR CONDITIONS. (4 min 18 sec)

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
I guess the point to my rambling is: Is something wrong? It zips forward for about 4 or 6 feet then kind of settles in and the blades seem to level out instead of keeping the increased pitch. I'm going to fly it again in the garage tonight to make sure I'm not crazy. I just got my fish eye swashplate in the mail today, so I'm going to try that as well, coupled with my new stock main gear and 150mah batteries. Maybe all that will fix it. If not, back to the drawing board.
One suggestion you could try, is increasing the forward trim all the way up on your transmitter. That might help with the forward pitch issue.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
I just got back in from flying my v911 outside for the first time since I got it. It's the first day with no wind or rain we've had in over a month!

I took off in slow mode and did a few pirouettes then decided to get gutsy and give fast mode a go. I really wanted to zoom around the yard, up and down, try to zip through my son's slides and maybe test the range. The result was extremely underwhelming. Forward flight was super slow. It always seemed very quick in my garage. The area in my back yard that I was flying straight in was not much bigger than the garage I'm used to flying in. When I slammed it forward full rudder and increased throttle I was met with a very sluggish heli. It took forever to return to me from 10-15 feet away. The only time I had quick flight was when pirouetting out of control and into my legs!

I'm not trying to do any wind surfing, as I do not feel I am ready for that just yet. I just see all these videos of v911s zooming across rooms and fields on seemingly windless days and now I'm kind of jealous!

The same happened to me. After watching Tailboom Terry on YouTube flying his v911's the thing was flying like my Trex 450 pro.. I guess my outdoor expectations were a little high of the little beast. Inside it goes super but like most
FP the slightest breeze becomes a struggle . Well basically that's what I bought it for anyway.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:32 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
I find mine fly pretty well outside. I took them to football practice the other day (flag: 5-7 year olds) Had them running laps and chasing the heli. Had it flying in fff for 30 yards at a time keeping it at 8 - 10' (just out if reach) They only managed to get a hold of it once.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I find mine fly pretty well outside. I took them to football practice the other day (flag: 5-7 year olds) Had them running laps and chasing the heli. Had it flying in fff for 30 yards at a time keeping it at 8 - 10' (just out if reach) They only managed to get a hold of it once.
I have yet to try my second one outside . It is like the first one on steroids totally different personality. Had similar problems with the 9958's one flew outside well the other was an indoor machine. Maybe it's a motor thing some are more powerful than others. So far out of the three 911's I tested all of them flew a little different one of them is rock solid on the controls and you can do real precision flying inside the other two you need to be an experienced pilot to even begin to control inside and they drift a lot and need constant stick movement all three came from different suppliers. Some of this I"m sure is a quality control thing but for the price one can't expect to much.