SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:55 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Unfortunately, I can't tell you how it flies or floats with the floats. I was getting ready to take my BRAND NEW yellow one outside to fly it for the first time. I was putting the stuff back in the box after the photos when I realized that the floats had to be removed to safely transport the heli in the box, so I turned around to get the tape off the shelf. I hit the chair the box was sitting on with the back of my wheelchair, and knocked the chair over. My BRAND NEW heli now has the frame broken off where the tail boom mounts.

So, in two days I have ruined two helis.

I had fun for a week. I do fine flying, and I've only had one rough landing and one bump into a telephone wire, yet both of my helis are dead. I'm not sure if the fun of flying these is worth all the stress when they die such an early death.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder,
Rick
man, that sucks! really sorry to hear this - but hopefully it wont act as a complete deterrent from 911s ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:59 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad2 View Post
I just received my heli 2 days ago, and in the beggining it hovered pretty well,
then yesterday it had a medium crush, and since that crush I've been feeling that the heli began to fly very unstable. Now I have mechanically trimmed the heli but it still flies very unstable, and I'm not sure whether it's normal, but its turns are too much sharp and quick, and it seems that it even swings during the flight.
Although it doesn't fly so good, I inspected the heli and all the balls are in their place.
What should I do? Can you think about any cause for my heli behaviour?
Would you invest time on repairing it or it's lost?
If you hover at eye level do you notice any vibrations? I've had unbalanced blades and bent shafts cause vibes that throw the gyro off. Some times it's as simple as swapping blades and it flies like a dream again.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:28 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
man, that sucks! really sorry to hear this - but hopefully it wont act as a complete deterrent from 911s ...
No, I think I'm hooked. I have two more BNFs on the way. ...and I'll try not to break them in two days.

I just noticed something as I was looking at the pics of my new one with the floats. It didn't come with a vertical fin on the tail. (not that it really matters)

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:28 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
So I broke a blade trying to fly this morning. As anyone would, I decided to try and replace the main rotor blades.

Found another problem. Theres a little nub, that the blades fit loosely on to allow them to maneuver right? Well the replacement blades have a smaller hole for that nub, and fit on too snug to allow the blades to move. So the replacement blades are useless. So now Im out a V911 Hopefully, other replacement blades will fit...

Ughhh....
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:49 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
I was hoping to buy a BNF V911 to have a second one, but now I'm concerned that it won't have the new power system. So it looks like if I want another one, I'd be better off buying the full kit again, from the same distributor to assure that I receive another helicopter with the new power system.
You can get the new style from Tmart from the USA warehouse.

Quote:
So I broke a blade trying to fly this morning. As anyone would, I decided to try and replace the main rotor blades.

Found another problem. Theres a little nub, that the blades fit loosely on to allow them to maneuver right? Well the replacement blades have a smaller hole for that nub, and fit on too snug to allow the blades to move. So the replacement blades are useless. So now Im out a V911 Hopefully, other replacement blades will fit...

Ughhh....
Interesting - I did not know there was any changes to the blades. Are you sure there are no burrs or whatever on the pins?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
418 Posts
Man, I know how you feel, HuskySpade! Are you trying to put white or orange blades on a yellow heli? Since there are other minor differences, maybe the blades have subtle differences, also.

(I've been looking at combining my broken blue and yellow ones into one, but with the tiny differences, I'm not sure it'll work.)

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
I just received my heli 2 days ago, and a the beggining it hovered pretty well,
then yesterday it had a medium crush, and since that crush I've been feeling that the heli began to fly very unstable. Now I have mechanically trimmed the heli but it still flies very unstable, and I'm not sure whether it's normal, but its turns are too much sharp and quick, and it seems that it even swings during the flight. I think it makes circles.
Although it doesn't fly so good, I inspected the heli and all the balls are in their place.
What should I do? Can you think about any cause for my heli behaviour?
Would you invest time on repairing it or it's lost?
I also would say, change the blades. Cracked blades can cause what you are describing.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Man, I know how you feel, HuskySpade! Are you trying to put white or orange blades on a yellow heli? Since there are other minor differences, maybe the blades have subtle differences, also.

(I've been looking at combining my broken blue and yellow ones into one, but with the tiny differences, I'm not sure it'll work.)

Rick
Im using the replacement blades that came with the heli.

What I am going to try, is spraying some lubricant in the new blade's holes. See if that frees them up a little bit...
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
These micro helis such the v911 can be defined as temporary in my opinion, as I've owned a few micro helis and no one flew for more than a week. By the time you begin to enthuse from it, you always crush it. Even if the crush isn't serious, nonetheless you will have to order spare parts and wait a month in the good case for the parts to arrive..
ohad2 is offline Find More Posts by ohad2
Last edited by ohad2; Oct 04, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:

What I am going to try, is spraying some lubricant in the new blade's holes. See if that frees them up a little bit...
Nope. Didnt work...

Now I feel like ive screwed my heli up even more...

Oh yeah, lost a screw while i was at it too....

May as well just order a whole new damn helicopter.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,234 Posts
Quote:

There's something seriously wrong if the spare blades that came with the heli doesn't fit. Where did you get this from again?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:25 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
Quote:

check your pm sir ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:33 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
869 Posts
Quote:
So, in two days I have ruined two helis.

I had fun for a week. I do fine flying, and I've only had one rough landing and one bump into a telephone wire, yet both of my helis are dead. I'm not sure if the fun of flying these is worth all the stress when they die such an early death.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder,
Rick
Well, just consider how much you would be crying if it had been a $500 or $1000 helicopter. The damage you would have done to that would have bought you a dozen new BNF V911s.

The solution is: More helicopters!

I have three now (not counting the S107G) which isn't all that many. The original Blue/White still needs a new receiver, but at least I have it so it's just taking the time to install it. I hope this will keep at least one operational at all times.

For those interested in scale mods, tippytoe has just appeared on the scale nano/micro thread announcing his intention to start building fuselages for us!

Get over there and give him lots of support!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22902317

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Just ordered a new V911 from TMart (regrettably). So it looks like my current one, is turning into a parts helicopter.

A bit frustrated at the moment, but whatever.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:43 AM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
These micro helis such the v911 can be defined as temporary in my opinion, as I've owned a few micro helis and no one flew for more than a week. By the time you begin to enthuse from it, you always crush it. Even if the crush isn't serious, nonetheless you will have to order spare parts and wait a month in the good case for the parts to arrive..
That's why you buy 2, 1 RTF and 1 BNF and generally you will have 1 anytime to fly with parts on order If you break more then a couple of parts the BNF are a bargain for $25. Get a bunch of Good batteries and learn not to crash. Rcroanoke.com is a good parts supply in the states. I buy a lot of parts on Ebay and when you search Just type v911 parts USA . I get parts in 2 days a lot of times free shipping. When the weather is good I like to fly the bigger ones. But what I like about the micro's is you can fire them up about anywhere and have fun. I can relate to frustration waiting for parts from China I waited most of the summer for a Part for a MJX F45 . I got a BNF 911 in two days on Ebay from NJ
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4