HuskySpade, sent you a PM
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:32 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
New Battery

Per the request of John (scotsoft), I have taken pictures of the "updated" V911 battery. Sorry if the pictures are a little blurry.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
At least its easy to return item purchased from Amazon.Plus a different vendor may have the the bird that will match your extra batteries.I have had good luck with Tmart on the East coast.
Just got a BNF red and white today from Tmart and it has the new FB but still has the old battery connection.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:42 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Just got a BNF red and white today from Tmart and it has the new FB but still has the old battery connection.
I like the new flybar alot,almost no strikes and much more agile.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:56 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
I purchased it from a seller on Amazon named "Egrandbuy Inc"

I am located in Southeastern, lower Michigan
I believe that's the parent company of nitroplanes, a popular internet RC retailer based in Calif. They have a good reputation.

BTW, makdaddy is another guy that goes the extra mile in helping forum members (ask me how I know).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:02 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Got my yellow BNF today. Only took six weeks.

It's a little noisier than my white one, but other than that it flies pretty much the same. Feels a little "heavier' maybe.
I found my yellow V911 noisier than my other two as well.
I am going to fit the Solo Pro main Delrin gear to see if that makes it less noisy

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:00 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
When I run out of batteries, my brain is fried...
LOL Same here. I now have 7 batteries. 2 stock 120mAh, 3 150mAh and 2 of the 145mAh. I have NEVER gone through all of them in a row. In fact, I think 4 or 5 is the most I've wanted to fly at a time.

Got the new CF shaft and fisheye swash and installed them. Easier install than I expected with my new crappy right hand coordination. It's been way too windy to test out though, it's killing me. lol I'll report on the performance of this new combo when I can.

Hey Makdaddy, how's the new firmware working out for you? I take it you intalled the smartiepants board?
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Oct 02, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Why is it that 2 identical v911 fly so differently. I bought one RTF and it is rock solid flies great and I bought a second BNF and its so touchy it bounces of walls and ceilings with the slightest stick inputs. I usually fly 250'5 and 450's and if you build them with similar components they fly almost the same.???? Even on my TX9 the second one is super touchy and it stutters sometimes in flight like hesitates shakes a little than continues I had to go so far as to put numbers on them so I wouldn't pick up the wrong one. I cant crab to much they are cheep entertainment compared to the big birds, heck a set of blades cost more than a V911 BNF.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:27 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Every one I've owned has flown differently. Like you said, it's hard to complain about something so cheap, but it is frustrating, nonetheless.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
LOL Same here. I now have 7 batteries. 2 stock 120mAh, 3 150mAh and 2 of the 145mAh. I have NEVER gone through all of them in a row. In fact, I think 4 or 5 is the most I've wanted to fly at a time.

Got the new CF shaft and fisheye swash and installed them. Easier install than I expected with my new crappy right hand coordination. It's been way too windy to test out though, it's killing me. lol I'll report on the performance of this new combo when I can.

Hey Makdaddy, how's the new firmware working out for you? I take it you intalled the smartiepants board?
Well at first it took a bit to get used to. Almost a circuit overload with all the different settings. But now, after loading about 8 different setups, I love it. Worth every penny. How did my stock settings work for you?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:34 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
Per the request of John (scotsoft), I have taken pictures of the "updated" V911 battery. Sorry if the pictures are a little blurry.
Has anyone figure out yet if these have the same connector as the e-flite 150's and gw 9958?
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I like the new flybar alot,almost no strikes and much more agile.
I just came in from flying -ran 6 batts (argg getting dark sooner) - I agree, it is much more agile but more precise also (does that make sense?). Seems to be quicker on FFF but then again new really goes sometimes. Only had a couple of FB strikes on some pretty wild moves just to see how it reacted. Now I need to find a source for the new FBs as no one labels them as such.
My batteries are starting to peter out on me (too many flights) and I will need to replace them soon. Now the question is whether to wait for the new (requiring new skids and connector) or buy up some of the older versions. Decisions-decisions...
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 02, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
With winter coming on I have took a whole new interest in micro's I spent a bunch this summer on the my other Heli's. My wife gets really peeved when I fire up the blade SR in the house, Well there's more to the story I almost lost a finger on one of my 450's forgetting to reverse the throttle on the TX and totaled a bunch of stuff in my den. She don't panic so much with 9958 and v911 but she said the solo pro 180 was a no go inside.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I believe that's the parent company of nitroplanes, a popular internet RC retailer based in Calif. They have a good reputation.

BTW, makdaddy is another guy that goes the extra mile in helping forum members (ask me how I know).
Hey Stonecutter, Do you got that bird flying right yet or are you still having problems?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Mild? Make sure your POTS is fully to the max. I thin it was POT 3. Otherwise, it's limiting the output mix and may result in the feeling of "mild" settings.

I usually like some negative expo as well. But I don't know if I left that in on the EEPE file I share.

The share file is just a reference. Take a look at it via EEPE and you can gleam good info and adjust to suit your taste.
Daryoon,
I tried what you said and yes - you are right (mild my a$$). It is wild now YAHHOOOOOOO. Loving it . Now just waiting on my 929 for the next step in this crazy hobby