HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the advice, but it seems mine is not coming via HK. The tracking number starts with RR, and ends CN.
I assume Gangzhou is in China, so I don't know how it is going to reach this country.
Just need some idea if it is on it's way, and, if possible, when it reaches UK.

Cheers

BL
Well, the second one I ordered also still did not come (and I ordered only one day after the first) It only says RB....CN - and it will probly not show anything more until it is here.
Anyway, sometimes they are quick (a week, maybe 10 days) and sometime they are slow - in that case you should prepare yourself for a 3 to 4 week wait ...

sorry
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky View Post
Multi V911 owners: Any problems with getting the stock Tx from one set to bind with your heli from another set?
Tried this again and there is no problem making it happen IF you have the battery in the heli then switch the tx on and let it do it's bind. I'm not doing this though because each tx remembers the trims.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
OK, so I'm about to pull the trigger and get the Turnigy 9X even though I may have to wait a month for Hobby King to get it back in stock.

Is it worth getting? Does it easily bind to my V911 or do I need to "mess with it" to bind? I know the answer is somewhere in the 87 or so pages of this thread, but I don't have time to read thru them all to find the answer.

I like Mulders' post showing how he used his 9X mixing features to mix a little right thrust in with the throttle to control the heli sweeping to the left upon takeoff. That alone makes it appealing to me.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the advice, but it seems mine is not coming via HK. The tracking number starts with RR, and ends CN.
I assume Gangzhou is in China, so I don't know how it is going to reach this country.
Just need some idea if it is on it's way, and, if possible, when it reaches UK.

Cheers

BL
Mine took 9 working days to reach me (10 if including Sat') and i'm in Manchester, Mid UK.
I order lots from various vendors in China and they always arrive in 6-10 working days if sent via registered airmail.
7 working days is the norm for me.
Hth
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:25 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
848 Posts
Hello, I just got my order in with a v911 board. Can any one point me to the spots where I solder the tail motor to? I am attempting to build a Bravo SX using a v911 Rx. I do not have another v911 to compare with. Previous pictures do not show which pad to use for the tail motor. My Rx say Rev.4 on it.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
While I'm at it, and this is off the V911 subject; but I notice that the Turnigy 9X has multi-model memory and it would be neat to use it with other helis. This spring I want to get a larger heli for outdoors and I would like to know what other helis will bind with the Turnigy 9X.

Any suggestions?
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
OK, so I'm about to pull the trigger and get the Turnigy 9X even though I may have to wait a month for Hobby King to get it back in stock.

Is it worth getting? Does it easily bind to my V911 or do I need to "mess with it" to bind? I know the answer is somewhere in the 87 or so pages of this thread, but I don't have time to read thru them all to find the answer.

I like Mulders' post showing how he used his 9X mixing features to mix a little right thrust in with the throttle to control the heli sweeping to the left upon takeoff. That alone makes it appealing to me.
Maybe a few of you, while answering the original question above, can also summarize why one would want the Turnigy 9X over the stock V911 controller? What features/advantages does it bring to the table?
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:

• switch on Tx
  • switch on heli
  • press the bind button on Tx while heli LED flashes fast
  • restart Tx and Heli

Quote:
While I'm at it, and this is off the V911 subject; but I notice that the Turnigy 9X has multi-model memory and it would be neat to use it with other helis. This spring I want to get a larger heli for outdoors and I would like to know what other helis will bind with the Turnigy 9X.

Any suggestions?
you can always build a kit and put your own receiver in. I also fly the Xieda 9958 with it, but its just another micro heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Maybe a few of you, while answering the original question above, can also summarize why one would want the Turnigy 9X over the stock V911 controller? What features/advantages does it bring to the table?
  • one remote to rule them all
  • more control over dual rate
  • mixers
  • better range (over stock Xieda 9958)
  • longer sticks than stock v911 remote (finer movements)
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:

I'm not new to RC flight by any means though I am new to 4 ch helis. That said, getting the Turnigy 9x just for the V911 is not worth it IMHO. It is no trouble at all for me to be adding in some right roll on a slow takeoff; actually none is needed if you shoot up quick. I'm just treating it as a bit of the V911's personality which only a little bit of piloting skill is required to circumvent; this bird actually takes out much of the skill required to fly 4 ch helis as it is with that flybar... hovering nearly hands off is possible and if you're going too fast toward the wall you let go and the heli basically stops itself. The takeoff thing is no big deal. I would save the money myself.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
On the subject of manufacturing quality control:

Main gear: I've got a V911 that's loud and tried 3 different main gears. They all are loud, and one induces tail wobble. My other V911 is quiet and has a main gear that's out of true.. go figure.

Balance: one V911 has more vibration when held in-hand than the other. I tried replacing everything on the vibrating one from main gear to shaft to blades to flybar one at a time... nothing fixed the vibration.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:56 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
848 Posts
Hey guys, my replacement v911 Rx does not have an antenna wire. Is this just a normal wire and what is the length of your antenna wires?
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
V911 isTough in Crashes

I'm starting to try and "hotdog" the V911 somewhat now that I've got the basic hang of 4-channel control. The V911 will move out pretty fast, and had some pretty good crashes today, and nothing has broken yet on the V911. It's pretty tough during crashes. Just make sure you put the throttle to zero ASAP once you know it's going down. The V911 would be really fun in a large gym room or similar.

On one crash, the heli fell between the wall and a big box in a gap about 3" between the wall and the box. When I fished the heli out, one end of the flybar was caught behind the left/upper post that holds the canopy on. The flybar must have got bend down as it fell down the 3" gap and it popped the canopy off and trap itself behind the post. The tiny tiny O-ring was popped off, but I found it laying right next to the heli. The flybar end was bent down almost 90 degrees when trapped. I pulled it out, and carefully messaged it back to straight - no real damage. Popped the O-ring back on and good to go.

I think others have mentioned this to ... the collar with the 4 balls on it above the swash will try to pop up and out of the inner race of the swash plate bearing during some crashes. Just carefully push it back down into the bearing until it's re-seated all the way. Also, watch the tail motor ... it too will try to move out of it's holder depending on the crash. Just push it back in. I was thinking of putting a small bead of black RTV around the holder collar to keep the prop motor from moving.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:04 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Hey guys, my replacement v911 Rx does not have an antenna wire. Is this just a normal wire and what is the length of your antenna wires?
Yes, looks like a normal piece of wire. It's ~ 1 inch long.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Dec 2010
211 Posts
V911 is a nice little heli. Mine is grounded until I get new gears b/c gear grind is getting so bad, I can smell plastic burning --- which is just nauseating to my nose...
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky View Post
V911 is a nice little heli. Mine is grounded until I get new gears b/c gear grind is getting so bad, I can smell plastic burning --- which is just nauseating to my nose...
I have a hard time imagining the plastic gear getting hot no matter how worn out; could it be one of the motors?