SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Germany, NDS, Celle
Joined Aug 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Looks like you might be able to mount it a cm or more forward before the main shaft hits the back of the cutout?

That might help shift the CG.
Hi Rickster. You're right. I was able to mount the Augusta Canopy about 5mm more forward. But i needed to remove the v911 tailfin. Now with 2g (2 of 4 magnets) in the nose its flying much better than before and the 150mAh Batterie lasts 5 mins
Much more stable and flyable!
Regards
Sebastian
Cyrus85 is offline Find More Posts by Cyrus85
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:42 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus85 View Post
Hi Rickster. You're right. I was able to mount the Augusta Canopy about 5mm more forward. But i needed to remove the v911 tailfin. Now with 2g (2 of 4 magnets) in the nose its flying much better than before and the 150mAh Batterie lasts 5 mins
Regards
Sebastian
How is it in the vibration department? Can you post a quick video?
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:53 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
E-flite Blade MCX S300 Canopy

Here's my V911 with an E-flite Blade MCX S300 Canopy. (Yeah, I know, yet another Hughes 300.) Very nice fit. It required just a bit of trimming to clear the pushrods, and two holes for the lower mounts.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Here's my V911 with an E-flite Blade MCX S300 Canopy. (Yeah, I know, yet another Hughes 300.) Very nice fit. It required just a bit of trimming to clear the pushrods, and two holes for the lower mounts.

Rick
thanks for the idea i may do this on my red white. Any idea on weight difference between that canopy and stock?
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam2k View Post
thanks for the idea i may do this on my red white. Any idea on weight difference between that canopy and stock?
Yeah, it would look much better on a red and white one. My cheapie postal scale doesn't measure a difference, but I'm sure there's a weight savings. The E-flite canopy's plastic is about half the thickness of the WL canopy. It's also a smaller piece of plastic. I do know that I had to trim the heli to fly more forward, as it drifts backward at one or two MPH with the S300 canopy.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:41 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus85 View Post
Regards
Sebastian
I was going to suggest you ditch the tail fin, but forgot.

Every gram off the tail boom is probably 3 off the nose (way more leverage).

The excess lift of the heli is only about 5 grams according to some testing I did a few weeks ago. You're just under the limt now!
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG8PSI View Post
Hi all,

I just got myself a V911 heli but ended up getting the wrong mode. I would like to know if there is anyway i can change it, I'm happy to get a soldering iron out if needed.

I want to change from Mode 2 to Mode 1

Thanks
From what I remember of those who tried,
I don't think you can change it, at least without lots of work.
The two gimbles are physicall different and the mounting holes are not interchangeable.

$17.99 delivered - choice mode 1 or mode 2.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...r-p-42822.html

Tmart has them for $8, but mode 2 only (I asked if they had any mode 1 and they said no.).

I'd buy another RTF...
Give the mode 2 to a friend who lives in mode 2 land.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
From what I remember of those who tried,
I don't think you can change it, at least without lots of work.
The two gimbles are physicall different and the mounting holes are not interchangeable.

$17.99 delivered - choice mode 1 or mode 2.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...r-p-42822.html

Tmart has them for $8, but mode 2 only (I asked if they had any mode 1 and they said no.).

I'd buy another RTF...
Give the mode 2 to a friend who lives in mode 2 land.
Thanks Rickster, i ordered a new TX.

Cheers
FG8PSI is offline Find More Posts by FG8PSI
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:01 AM
Germany, NDS, Celle
Joined Aug 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
How is it in the vibration department? Can you post a quick video?
Hi, i can't see any vibrations! Flys very smooth Sorry, will see if i can take a video in the next days.

Quote:
I was going to suggest you ditch the tail fin, but forgot.

Every gram off the tail boom is probably 3 off the nose (way more leverage).

The excess lift of the heli is only about 5 grams according to some testing I did a few weeks ago. You're just under the limt now!
Yes, that's right. But i wanted to keep it as stock as possible. Maybe i'll order another v911 and keep this as my experimental v911
Cyrus85 is offline Find More Posts by Cyrus85
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:10 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
I made multi-head mod today.

But...this mod is suspected multi-head.
And not finish yet,I must adjust more and more.
She can fly,but not happy.

see my page.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post22873327
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:50 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,293 Posts
DH 9116 transmitter for $7 from HobbyPartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I ordered the DH 9116 with TX, but in the parts list on X-heli they show the transmitter for $7. (I also saw posts in the 9116 thread concerning the price). I just bought it cause it looked like a cool heli. If I can bind my v911's to the tx, even better. Looks like it would be a better tx (even if it's only $7). I don't think it has the ability to save models, so you'd have to reprogram it everytime you switch birds, but if it improves the way my fleet of 911's perform then I may just order another for them. It'll be here monday and I'll check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
http://www.xheli.com/67p-9116-26.html

I was going to get a v911 trans for $8 and have to mod it with resistors and a pot for my daughter. Now I can get this for me and she can have my v911 trans. Thanks Budasac!
I got my DH 9116 transmitter from HobbyPartz. I have 2 9116s and 3 911s. The 9116 transmitters are a little nicer than the stock 911 controllers. I thought it was the elevator and aileron that needed reversing? The rudder trim wasn't working on the new one, so they are sending me a replacement. You can't beat $7 for a transmitter, and an upgrade for a V911 at that. Not as good as a 9X but not bad for $7.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hifinsword; Sep 30, 2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
Blue Skies
Joined May 2012
1,293 Posts
Oil in the motor

Quote:
When I opened mine up (several dead ones), I was surprised how far reaching the one drop of oil I had put on the shafts had migrated.

If you oiled it more than once - or ever oiled from the plastic end, yuo may gotten oil on the brushes and it glazed them up.

Open it up, it's dead any way
Hey Rickster, I've read to oil these things every half dozen or so flights so that's what I've been doing. Sounds like a mistake? I'm having the same problems, low power with a fresh battery on a almost new motor and PCB on a different model, a 120SR. I got some elec contact cleaner to see if that helps flush it out. Maybe too late?
Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:20 PM
Blue Skies
Joined May 2012
1,293 Posts
Adjusting servo arms with power on?

Quote:
"Splined" is the servo shaft and arm hole are shaped like gears.
They can mesh in a number of positions.

You need to remove the screw and carefully pop the arm off.
Find a better gear tooth setting and pop it back on.

Do this with the RX and TX on, but the trims all centered.
That will make the servo stay in the "center" while you play with it.
I did this with power on my 9116 and it fried something in the servo. Had to get a new one. I'd recommend checking it with power on but not touching it until you power it off. I think moving the arms too much with power on may induce a high voltage somewhere and burn something out. Just my own experience.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:20 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
I got my DH 9116 transmitter from HobbyPartz. I have 2 9116s and 3 911s. The 9116 transmitters are a little nicer than the stock 911 controllers. I thought it was the elevator and aileron that needed reversing? The rudder trim wasn't working on the new one, so they are sending me a replacement. You can't beat $7 for a transmitter, and an upgrade for a V911 at that. Not as good as a 9X but not bad for $7.
Don
I don't know for sure since I won't have mine in hand till tomorrow, but I found a thread that stated the rudder needed to be reversed. I thought the 9116 was a good deal for $60 so I ordered one, the fact that the tx binds to the v911 was just a bonus. I was pretty surprised to see that they were selling a programmable tx for $7. Can't beat that.

How do you like your DH 9116? I was hoping it would be a little better outdoors than the v911. Should be easier to see anyway. So hard to judge orientation on the v911 when it's 40 yards away.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:14 PM
Blue Skies
Joined May 2012
1,293 Posts
DH 9116 vs V911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I don't know for sure since I won't have mine in hand till tomorrow, but I found a thread that stated the rudder needed to be reversed. I thought the 9116 was a good deal for $60 so I ordered one, the fact that the tx binds to the v911 was just a bonus. I was pretty surprised to see that they were selling a programmable tx for $7. Can't beat that.

How do you like your DH 9116? I was hoping it would be a little better outdoors than the v911. Should be easier to see anyway. So hard to judge orientation on the v911 when it's 40 yards away.
I wasn't too keen on the 9116s at first after some canopy strikes but after shortening the blades 10mm and putting a washer under the blade holders, it's not bad. Can't turn as sharp as a 911 but it really goes fast in a straight line! This is my version of the new connectors on a V911.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hifinsword; Sep 30, 2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: incomplete