HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:11 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Yes, the TX binds. You have to check which channels you need to reverse. Sorry I forgot which ones.

Where did you get the TX for $7?
I ordered the DH 9116 with TX, but in the parts list on X-heli they show the transmitter for $7. (I also saw posts in the 9116 thread concerning the price). I just bought it cause it looked like a cool heli. If I can bind my v911's to the tx, even better. Looks like it would be a better tx (even if it's only $7). I don't think it has the ability to save models, so you'd have to reprogram it everytime you switch birds, but if it improves the way my fleet of 911's perform then I may just order another for them. It'll be here monday and I'll check it out.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Sep 28, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus85 View Post
Hi,
i was able to balance my Augusta v911 ;-) But it needed 4grams in the nose.
It flies, but stable is other Tilting to the right is a bit more as with original Canopy.
The Augusta Canopy weighs 5g, the magnets (4 neodym magnets for balancing) 4g. The original v911 Canopy weighs only 2g.
Looks like you might be able to mount it a cm or more forward before the main shaft hits the back of the cutout?

That might help shift the CG.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Finally got my bird working again with a new main motor.

Symptoms were shorter and shorter flight time, clockwise rotation, battery and motor were cool to the touch. The battery would still be almost fully charged yet it couldn't hover more than an inch off the ground. The motor had no power and wasn't using any power.

New motor and everything is back to normal. Maybe I had more flights than I realized but I don't think I had more than 50. The motor never got hot and I kept it lubed yet it still went to an early grave.
When I opened mine up (several dead ones), I was surprised how far reaching the one drop of oil I had put on the shafts had migrated.

If you oiled it more than once - or ever oiled from the plastic end, yuo may gotten oil on the brushes and it glazed them up.

Open it up, it's dead any way
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I just took mine almost fully apart to find the cause of the messy flight and found that it was spider webbing that I had crashed into on multiple occasions (my garage is a spider den !) wrapped around the tail rotor and the tail blade was pushed in too far.

Heli flies great now, but the reason I quote you there is that I put my retainer in flat side down. Does it make a difference? I wasn't really sure which way it went back on as its the only part I didn't recall how it was on in the first place.
If it flies great, I wouldn't worry about it.

The ridge goes down, and goes "into" the plastic frame a bit and holds the upper bearing in place. The plastic piece ends up contacting the inner race of the bearing, which it rotating with it already.

With it upside down, it might be rubbing on the frame, causing some friction (though once the rotor creates lift, it probably doesn't cause any friction).

Lift up/down on the main shaft. If there's any play, I wouldn't mess with success.
If there's no play, and you're flight time doesn't seem up to snuff, you might reassemble.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
If it flies great, I wouldn't worry about it.

The ridge goes down, and goes "into" the plastic frame a bit and holds the upper bearing in place. The plastic piece ends up contacting the inner race of the bearing, which it rotating with it already.

With it upside down, it might be rubbing on the frame, causing some friction (though once the rotor creates lift, it probably doesn't cause any friction).

Lift up/down on the main shaft. If there's any play, I wouldn't mess with success.
If there's no play, and you're flight time doesn't seem up to snuff, you might reassemble.
Thanks for the advice! I read about the pen spring "mod" to straighten out the swash plate while off. I chopped the spring, half assembled, checked for binding, snipped because it was binding, and reassembled again... No binding! I also accidentally hooked the blade/swash links to the short knobs. It's a whole new copter! Hovers like a coax and low rate FF is perfect. Turns are precise and it stops on a dime. Next up is the flybar paddles. I've got msr paddled flybar on order, a new stock flybar to mod, a new non beat canopy and a new tail stabilizer! Next weekend is gonna rock!

Do you think the spring will wear away the swash?
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
RC helis may not be the fasted hobby I've ever had nor the most expensive.

But it takes a lot of effort to get them flying with excellence.

The last thing I want to do is go to an indoor flying event this winter with a couple of V911's and a Turnigy 9x thrown into a plastic bag from Walmart, drive an hour and then wonder why my rotors blades are bent.

A few months ago I put the effort in developing a 4 heli case including a Turnigy 9x. Video on my blog. And since that was my first case, I made mistakes and made sure I didn't make them on my second case holding my V929.

And I didn't, I just made others.

The next case is gonna be perfect, that and 99 cents will get me a set of blades from Banggood..

I decided to make a video ton working with the foam insert and placed it in my blog for your edification.

Now all I have to do is to install two PCB's, a tail assembly, a few paddles and paint a body before January.

Good luck on that one.
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drones Banned at Yosemite
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
When I opened mine up (several dead ones), I was surprised how far reaching the one drop of oil I had put on the shafts had migrated.

If you oiled it more than once - or ever oiled from the plastic end, yuo may gotten oil on the brushes and it glazed them up.

Open it up, it's dead any way
Yeah, I was thinking that might have been what happened too. Before opening it I'm going to try a light solvent on it (like MAF cleaner) and see if I can bring it back to life. If not then I'll take it apart to see what the deal is.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Hi all,

I just got myself a V911 heli but ended up getting the wrong mode. I would like to know if there is anyway i can change it, I'm happy to get a soldering iron out if needed.

I want to change from Mode 2 to Mode 1

Thanks
FG8PSI is offline Find More Posts by FG8PSI
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:31 AM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
404 Posts
V911/Turnigy 9x

I received my 9x a few days back and got the back light kit install. Managed to get it bound to the 911. I have gone into the trim sub menu and adjusted the Elev to max and the 911 still wants to fly backwards..Is there something I am doing wrong? Also,is it possible to rebind the v911 back to the original tx?
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:46 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
I had not read this in the forums before and I can't believe I didn't see it (though 800+ pages is a bit much to trudge through). I can't find the picture though. Maybe my phone won't load it for some reason. Can't wait to try it!
Perhaps it was in the Solo Pro thread, springs near the swash have been used on that heli for some years as mod.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Yes, the TX binds. You have to check which channels you need to reverse. Sorry I forgot which ones.

Where did you get the TX for $7?
http://www.xheli.com/67p-9116-26.html

I was going to get a v911 trans for $8 and have to mod it with resistors and a pot for my daughter. Now I can get this for me and she can have my v911 trans. Thanks Budasac!
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:31 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
http://www.xheli.com/67p-9116-26.html

I was going to get a v911 trans for $8 and have to mod it with resistors and a pot for my daughter. Now I can get this for me and she can have my v911 trans. Thanks Budasac!
Nice! I found a thread about binding it with the V911. You have to reverse the rudder. Check out this thread.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Nice! I found a thread about binding it with the V911. You have to reverse the rudder. Check out this thread.
Thanks. I saw that a while back but was going to have to find it again. I bought the 9116-26......now the waiting game.....
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
I received my 9x a few days back and got the back light kit install. Managed to get it bound to the 911. I have gone into the trim sub menu and adjusted the Elev to max and the 911 still wants to fly backwards..Is there something I am doing wrong? Also,is it possible to rebind the v911 back to the original tx?
If it flew correctly with stock remote, you will need to calibrate the 9x.

If you dont have stock remote then you need to adjust control arms on v911.
ashtodust2000 is online now Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
Also,is it possible to rebind the v911 back to the original tx?
Yes, same as binding the 9x. Make sure the TX is off then put a battery in the V911 and follow by quickly turning on the TX. Except with the stock TX I don't think you have to turn it off and on again after the bind.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo