HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Sep 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Judging from the few photos on the BG site, the white seems mechanically identical to my yellow, down to the date on the board.

Is it possible the difference in flight characteristics is due to manufacture variance rather than difference in design or components?
Is the white cannopy translucent (would an LED light it up)?
I'm thinking of gettine one and masking the window and painting the rest.
Then use an LED to light up the window for a realistic look.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:52 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,089 Posts
Wow. Today makes one month since I ordered my yellow one from Banggood. Still nowhere to be seen. I'll be buying American from here out.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:15 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,266 Posts
China Post seems like they gone through a rough spell this last month. Orders, including mine, took waaay longer than usual.

It's like when I was a kid and had to mail order. You send your order and money via snail mail. Then you get the item a month or two later. They always say, allow 4 to 8 weeks for processing.

That's how it feels with orders from mainland China.

Keep in mind that's different than the chinese vendors that ship out of HK. That goes very fast. Usually 7-14 days.

Finally, i know it's tongue in cheek but...you buying American or only vendors shipping from America? Vast difference.

@Rickster:
I think so. I have a 9958 that I used nail polish to remove all the paint from the canopy. Having an LED underneath glow the whole canopy very evenly. I call it my GhostFlyer.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,089 Posts
how did you wire in the LED? Would like to see a pic of that

I ordered a RTF 450 from Leader hobby a couple days after I ordered from Banggood. The 450 from Hong Kong got here a week ago.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
You can just solder an led to the same points as the motor
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Sep 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
You can just solder an led to the same points as the motor
I disagree.

See my blog for how to choose current limiting resistors for various color LEDs.

I would not suggest wiring directly to motor (or battery) wires.
Unless it's a special LED with a built in current limit (I've only seen blinkers and color shifters that do that - again see my blog).

Running 3.7-4.2 (battery) directly to any LED will kill it in short order.
Hooking to the motor wires will make it vary in brightness, with the brightest not only eventually burning out, but perhaps limiting the throttle to something less than full.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Anyone have a few fly bars and extra 150mih lipos for the V911? And maybe extra skid ? Thanks
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Wow. Today makes one month since I ordered my yellow one from Banggood. Still nowhere to be seen. I'll be buying American from here out.
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. It took 38 days from when I pressed Submit to when it was at my door.

Hang in there. It's worth the wait.
Curtisbeef is online now Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:14 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,215 Posts
Every China store I've ordered from has a 45 day shipping estimate so if I get my order in 21 days I'm happy. If I get it in 14 I'm elated! Truth is, Banggood, HobbyKing, MyRCMart, AHappyDeal, aliexpress, etc. usually package the order and have it ready for pickup within a day or two. It's HK Post and customs that take so long, not the vendor.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Anyone have a few fly bars and extra 150mih lipos for the V911? And maybe extra skid ? Thanks
If your in the U.S. try ebay for some 150mah batteries 3 for $13.Tmart on the east coast has flybars and skids for a $2 a piece.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:27 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
So did you find someone that has all the other things you were looking for in the US??
If you are interested, I have the parts you are mentioning ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:03 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I disagree.

See my blog for how to choose current limiting resistors for various color LEDs.

I would not suggest wiring directly to motor (or battery) wires.
Unless it's a special LED with a built in current limit (I've only seen blinkers and color shifters that do that - again see my blog).

Running 3.7-4.2 (battery) directly to any LED will kill it in short order.
Hooking to the motor wires will make it vary in brightness, with the brightest not only eventually burning out, but perhaps limiting the throttle to something less than full.
Using the correct resistor for your led is correct i had forgotten i had soldered a resistor on first, so apologies , once done you can use the the same points as the motor/batt connector as on mine they are all soldered to the same point. The variable glowing from the led due to the power from the battery is a good thing it helps you notice when you V is getting low.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Looking for an modern opinion to an old upgrade idea

Anyone currently using a V911 with the metal swashplate upgrade kit (designed for the Nine Eagles Solo Pro 260A)? If so, would you recommend it?

Thanks
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:00 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Still waiting on replacement Flybar

I don't know how it happened but I lost the tiny weights from both sides. suggestions on what I can use in there while waiting on my next order of replacement parts? I don't have a scale so you'll have to be pretty specific.

Thanks,
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined May 2011
424 Posts
Hey Guys
How is the quality of the yellow clone V911, is it better than stock?
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1