SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:57 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
You can actually mess with the switches while it's beeping at you saying "switch error".
How did those settings work for you? I used them and suddenly I had no throttle control. lol
a few posts informed me on the switch problem and i am forever indebted to them.
they work great now but i eliminated the throt cut and hold and the three mixes at the end. plus used -55 subtrim on the thot also.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:12 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Bye bye v911.. It was a good bird and I was hooked before you got snagged three stories up in a tree.

Good thing I have a BNF in transit, trying to decide if its worth getting one from tmart us warehouse as well or save my money to start building my own.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:34 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,355 Posts
Makdaddy, I don't have my V911 yet(14 daus in transit from Banggood), so I could not tell by looking at the pictures that the battery was different. But I found this near the bottom of the page at the Tmart add for the new V911:
"Notice:

This is a brand-new V911 and Wltoys made some changes to the details. Hence, the accessories, batteries, landing skids and charger boxes are different from ones of the previous V911.You will not see this paragraph when these 3 new accessories reach you."

My question is how are they going to make that paragraph disappear and how will they know when these new accessories reach you? lol
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Last edited by siriusflier; Sep 19, 2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: add
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
226 Posts
Thanks to Daryoon, I've got my little bird 95% trimmed out mechanically. Seems to be a fairly negligible drift no matter what, though, so it's still annoying. My batteries died before I could really hone it down with one more half turn, then I think it will be perfect. Is it normal that it took 6 whole turns to lengthen the linkage enough to trim forward movement out? I still can't seem to keep the rotation in check though. It's always rotating one way or another. Perhaps this is because of battery drain? TBE? Either way, I'm still impressed with this little dude. Off to fly my s107g so she won't be too jealous!
elkabong80 is online now Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,355 Posts
The only way to trim left or right turning is with the rudder control trim. Six turns sounds excessive, but I have had to turn one 3 or 4 full turns
And the rotation can change during a flight due the battery losing power as you fly.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Last edited by siriusflier; Sep 19, 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Sep 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
Thanks to Daryoon, I've got my little bird 95% trimmed out mechanically. Seems to be a fairly negligible drift no matter what, though, so it's still annoying. My batteries died before I could really hone it down with one more half turn, then I think it will be perfect. Is it normal that it took 6 whole turns to lengthen the linkage enough to trim forward movement out? I still can't seem to keep the rotation in check though. It's always rotating one way or another. Perhaps this is because of battery drain? TBE? Either way, I'm still impressed with this little dude. Off to fly my s107g so she won't be too jealous!
Check that the servo arms are level when the TX and RX are on, but you're not pushing on the sticks (and you turned all tx trim off).
If one of the arms is not level, you might want to remove it and put it back level (it's splined).
Of course, then you'll need to retrim it all over again...
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Sep 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Check that the servo arms are level when the TX and RX are on, but you're not pushing on the sticks (and you turned all tx trim off).
If one of the arms is not level, you might want to remove it and put it back level (it's splined).
Of course, then you'll need to retrim it all over again...
Just looking at it with no battery in and the forward / backward one is tilted down slightly and the other is up slightly. I seem to recall noting this when I first looked at it before my first flight. Do I just loosen the screw and level it then tighten the screw again? I don't know what splined means... It would be totally worth having to do all over again if it means close to perfect trim without touching the digital trim on the tx. Definitely going to be ordering a 5 pack of extra batteries and another charger. This is addicting!
elkabong80 is online now Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:50 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Has anybody else noticed how the flybar binds up during heavy right cyclic inputs? I was flying fast on the sticks last night and noticed how I lost a lot of control several times during right banks. Upon inspecting the blades thinking they were the issue, I starting messing around and discovered that the swash pin causes the flybar to bind when it presses hard on the base of the swash guide. I can't see how this can be avoided so it must be a widespread problem though I haven't read about any complaints... maybe my V911 has extra servo throw or something.
I have the same problem in left bank turns. Mentioned it earlier in the thread. How bad varies between heli's (I have four). One is really bad. Slightest attempt causes crash.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
a few posts informed me on the switch problem and i am forever indebted to them.
they work great now but i eliminated the throt cut and hold and the three mixes at the end. plus used -55 subtrim on the thot also.
I'm curious if you got the knobs to function as trim adjustments?
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:44 AM View Post
Ketan
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:56 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
Makdaddy, I don't have my V911 yet(14 daus in transit from Banggood), so I could not tell by looking at the pictures that the battery was different. But I found this near the bottom of the page at the Tmart add for the new V911:
"Notice:

This is a brand-new V911 and Wltoys made some changes to the details. Hence, the accessories, batteries, landing skids and charger boxes are different from ones of the previous V911.You will not see this paragraph when these 3 new accessories reach you."

My question is how are they going to make that paragraph disappear and how will they know when these new accessories reach you? lol
Yea I found that to be pretty funny. Must of lost something in translation
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Sep 20, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:17 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,503 Posts
I was going to post the message Ketan posted in the Solo Pro FAQ thread here, since it's a video of the V911, but it seems it's already here...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:50 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingSOUL View Post
Yes, according to the pics the battery plug is similar to what was posted before in this thread. Thanks for the info! :-)
Does this mean that my 7 batteries and existing charger won't work? How about the yellow V911? Is that compatible with my batteries and charger?

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:11 AM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
I guess you can just change the skids with the connector you have. I don't know about yellow and white versions - they are from another manufacturer.
RacingSOUL is offline Find More Posts by RacingSOUL
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:12 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,715 Posts
Arrrgh. Trying to stock up on spare parts for this heli seems to be more trouble than its worth. WLToys keeps changing the version in subtle ways so that older spare parts don't fit properly anymore without mods. Then the vendors have to sell out their older stock before they get the new stuff in to match the newer helis... First there was the skids (I have a v1 set of skids that don't have the screw) then there were the blades (I have older blades that don't fit my newer head) and now there's another variant of the v911 out with a new flybar and other bits.

I think the ONLY thing to do is just buy BNF helis and don't bother with spares unless you buy the spares at the same time and from the same store as the BNF. Or does anybody else have a better system that they found works?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member