HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:29 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Translated highlights:

1. So stable that it feels like flying a coaxial!
2. As compared to the yellow V911, this new V911 is even more stable! (He also feels that the yellow clone is more stable than the original.)
3. Full elevator forward then return stick to neutral, the helicopter stopped on the spot and did not fly backwards.
4. This helicopter is for those who likes precision flight. Those who likes high speed action will be disappointed with this.

Full thread (more photos and a video): http://bbs.mx3g.com/thread-239541-1-1.html

I'm not sure if this is the same as the one with the revised battery connector.

I received the Black one yesterday with the same flybar weights

Board rev.05
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:58 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
904 Posts
Which BNF V911 do I buy

Hi all

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, but the thread has grown so big that I don't think I'll ever be able to read all of it.

Some weeks ago I got a blue/white V911. I had lots of fun with it, but I crashed flying in too much wind and damaged the skids and the tail motor. The tail motor still runs, but is erratic so the tail twitches about without much control. At least, I hope it is the tail motor and not the gyro which would mean a replacement receiver board.

I ordered new skids (should be arriving later today) and a new tail motor (arriving in a week or so). However, I would like to get at least one, or maybe two BNF choppers to keep me flying while waiting for parts and also just in case the fault with the one I have turns out to be the receiver board rather than the tail motor.

At first it seemed easy. Since I don't like the look of the original black/yellow, I would just order a red/white to complement my blue/white, but now I am reading about the new yellow one which may or may not be a clone and an even newer model with different flight characteristics.

I read somewhere that the yellow has a more powerful motor than the original in which case this seems like the way to go for more power against the wind, but it's all a bit confusing.

Someone else said the newest model is more stable and does not fly backwards before stabilizing when you let go the stick. This seems desirable, but I read that it may be slower? My blue/white definitely does bounce back a little when I let go the cyclic from fast forward flight. I had it trimmed mechanically so that it would hover neutrally indoors with the forward/back trim all the way back. That way I could apply forward trim outdoors in wind for faster flight and hovering against the wind.

Can someone please do a comparison between the different options?

Is the new yellow one really a clone? Who built it? Are the parts interchangeable?

If I buy a new white/blue or white/red, how do I know whether it's the latest revision before I receive it?

PS. My flybar looks like the one in post 12762. Does that mean my blue/white is the newest version?

Regards,

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Last edited by nagromnewo; Sep 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Just check that there is a small gap between the tail motor and the rear "rotor" and that there is no debris on the shaft.
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
My yellow was by far the most precise as far as stick controllability. Equally agile as my others. But does not seem to have a more powerful motor, if anything it had less lift (could be the motor, or the board limiting voltage to the motor, or ??), but for indoor flying, I would buy another yellow (or white, which appears to be same mechanically). All parts seem interchangable, with the canopy being a tight fit.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:26 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,368 Posts
I think less lift is possibly due to the heavier canopy and added weight due to bass ball of the swashplate and connectors and plastic pieces that holds the boom in place. They all add up to rob some power from the motor.

Additionally, I think the swash ball makes the Heli more precise, but introduces a little bit of friction and therefore taxes the motor a tiny bit more?

Or it could be other unseen variables.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Has anybody else noticed how the flybar binds up during heavy right cyclic inputs? I was flying fast on the sticks last night and noticed how I lost a lot of control several times during right banks. Upon inspecting the blades thinking they were the issue, I starting messing around and discovered that the swash pin causes the flybar to bind when it presses hard on the base of the swash guide. I can't see how this can be avoided so it must be a widespread problem though I haven't read about any complaints... maybe my V911 has extra servo throw or something.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:58 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Just check that there is a small gap between the tail motor and the rear "rotor" and that there is no debris on the shaft.
Already checked that, but thanks for the suggestion.

I also noticed a nick in the positive wire near the motor and cut and resoldered it, but it didn't help.

I suspect / hope it's an issue with the brushes in the motor. The alternative would be the receiver board. If I have to replace that, I'll have more money into parts than the price of a new BNF. Might as well just buy two BNF choppers and keep this one for spares then.

Of course we shouldn't really complain when these birds are so cheap that it hardly pays to repair them??

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:39 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,290 Posts
Looks like Tmart is carrying the latest version of the V911 with different battery, skids and flybar.
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:42 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Today I finally got my yellow V911 clone by juchion and I have to say as skeptical as I was about getting a Juchion after the bad reviews on the JC9C002 but I have to say it is so far every bit as good as my WL v911's and better and more indestructible with the beefed up skids & canopy (if that is even possible because the original is so tough) And it flies every bit as great as my other ones. It hovered hands free right out of the styrofoam box. These heli's are just simply awesome! As far as motor life or anything like I can't say yet obviously but the first impressions were absolutely excellent. Everyone whom I show & let fly the v911's are always amazed at the looks, quality, flyability, indestructibilty and most of all they just flat out don't believe the price ... ever...LOL Oh I forgot to say that it bound to my Turnigy 9x no problem just like the WL version. Some folks said on bangood that theirs didn't bind ( but maybe they just didn't do it correctly or didn't know how ).
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Sep 19, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:13 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,158 Posts
Regarding that TMart on-line-store, I was looking their line of WLTOYS 'V911's and 'Beetle' Quads.

The prices seem to be varied slightly just because of the colour of the canopy/blades/dome.

However the thing I don't understand is that some of the models are noted '(Single)' in the description. Which are few dollars cheaper.
What's the '(single)' thing mean?

Example: Wltoys V929 2.4G 4CH 4 Axis Remote Control UFO X-copter Quadcopter Blue (Single)
AU$43.27

http://www.tmart.com/RC-Helicopters-...Brand--WLtoys/

So anyone know what's up with that, or what I'm missing!!!

-B!LL!

(PS: Unrelated - I don't post much on Hobby King Forum anymore because one of they're new Mods (hassled me for saying 'S#!T' claiming (correctly! I'm hiding a swear word!, so I say he is a jerk, so to hell with the place. And their server sux, it takes me many,many attempts for a post to work - But I'll still shop at the place, you know, because they have lot's of cheap stuff that works most of the time!)
Fugitive_Bill is online now Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Last edited by Fugitive_Bill; Sep 19, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:32 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
It appears they are using the term "single" in the listing to refer to BNF's.

So the RTF is $45 and the BNF (single) is $25.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:46 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,290 Posts
Good day mate
I think what you are looking at is the one that comes with the TX and the other does not.
That is for the 929 correct? The BNF or without TX comes with one battery, charger and extra blades. Note: the BNF ship from China, the RTF ships from US Warehouse. I just got in an order today from China that was ordered 8/28. Roughly 21 days and it said it would ship in 3-5 days do to high demand. Not bad really.
Not sure how the shipping to Australia would be.
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I think less lift is possibly due to the heavier canopy and added weight due to bass ball of the swashplate and connectors and plastic pieces that holds the boom in place. They all add up to rob some power from the motor.

Additionally, I think the swash ball makes the Heli more precise, but introduces a little bit of friction and therefore taxes the motor a tiny bit more?

Or it could be other unseen variables.
Isn't the ball "connected" to the inner portion of the swash, meaning it's already rotating with the main shaft, and thus no source of friction?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Last edited by RicksterRC; Sep 19, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Looks like Tmart is carrying the latest version of the V911 with different battery, skids and flybar.
Yes, according to the pics the battery plug is similar to what was posted before in this thread. Thanks for the info! :-)
RacingSOUL is offline Find More Posts by RacingSOUL
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:34 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
now i really goofed up I reset my 9x to stock settings then i added a few of ztoons but now it won't boot up it says switch error , so iturned it off and flipped the throttle hold switch the other way it still won't go . still gt switch error.

can any one straighten me out.
thanks
tonytester
You can actually mess with the switches while it's beeping at you saying "switch error".
How did those settings work for you? I used them and suddenly I had no throttle control. lol
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808