HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:58 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,585 Posts
I can't comment on batteries because I just stick to the stock ones. There were many, many, many in-depth discussions and recommendations on the batteries. There were so many that I lost count. You should try searching for them.

The "yellow V911" is not by WLtoys but a clone. You can also search the web for more info.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:03 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
Are there longer lasting batteries that will work without modding?

The batteries that come with the RTF are 120 mAh. You can buy 150mAh batteries. No mods needed, I just got 3 and they added almost 3 minutes of flying time compared to the 120's.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Gotcha. Will do. Thanks.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
The batteries that come with the RTF are 120 mAh. You can buy 150mAh batteries. No mods needed, I just got 3 and they added almost 3 minutes of flying time compared to the 120's.
Bam! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Count me in!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:13 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,371 Posts
There are 150mah batteries on ebay and Chinese sites,that give few extra minutes of time.I was to slow
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:45 AM
Chile, Araucanía, Temuco
Joined Jul 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Currently the batteries that come with all RTF are 130 mAh.
UltraGore is offline Find More Posts by UltraGore
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:48 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraGore View Post
Currently the batteries that come with all RTF are 130 mAh.
I guess I have an old RTF cause mine came with 120 mAh. I have 6 120's and 3 150's for 3 birds, so I can pretty much fly indefinately.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Protocol Change

I haven't been on this thread for awhile and just wanted to make sure there's been no Tx - Rx protocol change from original / earliest models. I seem to remember James said 2-3 months ago it might be a possibility. I just want to make sure nothing's changed because I want to get another BNF 911 and don't need another Tx.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I haven't been on this thread for awhile and just wanted to make sure there's been no Tx - Rx protocol change from original / earliest models. I seem to remember James said 2-3 months ago it might be a possibility. I just want to make sure nothing's changed because I want to get another BNF 911 and don't need another Tx.

I just got my yellow V911 this week and it binds perfectly with my original Tx

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:37 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post

John.
That's good but the yellow 911 isn't from WL it's a clone correct? I'd like to make sure the WL 911's haven't changed. Although since the yellow is a pretty recent clone it seems if there had been a change it would've been affected. I would also think that BG would make it known if there'd been a change.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post

John.

I think the v911 and v929/v939/v949 Txs are stable, I believe the v949 Rx board has changed a little to make use of the right button on the Tx as a on/off switch for LEDs.

I just got a yellow v911 and it's great. The one thing I find interesting is it does not keep the bind with my stock v911 Tx so I have to bind it every time I fly. It's more of an annoyance than anything since I have to retrim the rudder, I wonder if remembers the bind with a Turnigy, FS, or DH 9116 radio.
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,585 Posts
New version of the V911?

Translated highlights:

1. So stable that it feels like flying a coaxial!
2. As compared to the yellow V911, this new V911 is even more stable! (He also feels that the yellow clone is more stable than the original.)
3. Full elevator forward then return stick to neutral, the helicopter stopped on the spot and did not fly backwards.
4. This helicopter is for those who likes precision flight. Those who likes high speed action will be disappointed with this.

Full thread (more photos and a video): http://bbs.mx3g.com/thread-239541-1-1.html

I'm not sure if this is the same as the one with the revised battery connector.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:13 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
I'm pretty sure the one i ordered for a friend had a flybar like that, the bar was also a bit transparent instead of plain black. It had the standard battery connection.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Translated highlights:

1. So stable that it feels like flying a coaxial!
2. As compared to the yellow V911, this new V911 is even more stable! (He also feels that the yellow clone is more stable than the original.)
3. Full elevator forward then return stick to neutral, the helicopter stopped on the spot and did not fly backwards.
4. This helicopter is for those who likes precision flight. Those who likes high speed action will be disappointed with this.

Full thread (more photos and a video): http://bbs.mx3g.com/thread-239541-1-1.html

I'm not sure if this is the same as the one with the revised battery connector.
The most recent BNF I got had the lighter flybar, but servo movement is not smooth with motor running (my sample). The board says "rev 6" with a date of 2012.06.15. Swashplate seems llike old design (no center ball). KKDDMM reported the new version a while back (these had old battery connectors).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:25 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
now i really goofed up I reset my 9x to stock settings then i added a few of ztoons but now it won't boot up it says switch error , so iturned it off and flipped the throttle hold switch the other way it still won't go . still gt switch error.

can any one straighten me out.
thanks
tonytester
I followed your instructions. and all is well with all of you I would be SOL.
thanks again
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester