HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:54 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
Thinking about getting this TX for my v911, will it work OK, any binding problems?
Yes, according to all reports it should work.

Sorry, saw the link and though it was the one without Rx, not lacking Tx module.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Last edited by brontide; Sep 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: error
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
I tried NEW mod.

see MY page

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734021
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
would you be able to get a "closer closeup" from this ?? my eyes are not what they used to be and I cant zoom the stuff big enough to really see that ...
(when I do, it gets WAY too grainy)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:09 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
would you be able to get a "closer closeup" from this ?? my eyes are not what they used to be and I cant zoom the stuff big enough to really see that ...
(when I do, it gets WAY too grainy)
I uploaded large images,see my page please.
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:19 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Yes, according to all reports it should work.
Except that it comes without a module, so it will not send any signal into the air
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
The helios flybar does in deed make it more responsive , its a good upgrade idea after changing the swash.
The hinged blades look nice and should be easier to swap out for the folding makes no difference to me as the flybar will always be at a 45 degree angle and will stick out no matter what unlike a "standard" fly barred heli.

Nice mods though as usual KKDDMM
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,120 Posts
Quote:
I uploaded large images,see my page please.
Thanks VERY much! I really appreciate this. Now, I would disagree with you about saving storage space, however, the great thing about your mod is that now it becomes possible to use a variety of different folding blades!! (I tried to fit a walkera folding blade grip to the original head, but that turned out to be a huge disappointment!)

Congrats to this mod - you put another piece to the puzzle (quest for the ULTIMATE V911!!)

Also, IF fthere were anybody who broke bladeholder pins on the V911 (VERY rare occasion as it is ...) the folding blades will also improve damage protection in case of crashes ...

Nice work!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Lube the motor from the shaft end. I believe the bushing is heating up too much and seizes momentarily, resulting in the motor snatching like that (snatching is a term early v911 owners coin?)

I saw reports of issues like this often in the early days of the v911. Since then, I haven't seen too many reports of bad motors.
Thanks! I put some oil, and the snatching is gone.
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,120 Posts
Quote:
one more question though:
do you know any place that sells the spare parts? (casue buying the whole heli just to do/try the mod is a little expensive ... ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Flew the V911 outside yesterday very hard with the Helios flybar installed and could only manage one very faint flybar strike. It definitely seems more responsive and maybe even faster than before... could be in my head though. I also noticed it's easier to give the heli too much forward cyclic resulting in sudden loss of lift aka death dive.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:04 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Any progress with those 9x settings, Makdaddy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Flew the V911 outside yesterday very hard with the Helios flybar installed and could only manage one very faint flybar strike. It definitely seems more responsive and maybe even faster than before... could be in my head though. I also noticed it's easier to give the heli too much forward cyclic resulting in sudden loss of lift aka death dive.
One of my stock helis goes downward when given full forward input too. It's annoying since my other doesn't do it. I've had 4 different V911's, and ALL of them flew differently from each other. Chalk it up to poor quality control or revisions, I don't know.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
What 9x settings are you looking for ?

All i did on mine is reduce the rudder rate to around 65% and reversed the necessary channels.

Same using ER9X
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
Ive got a broken up v911...I wish i could understand chinese..id love to try to make a plane out of it
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:05 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
Any progress with those 9x settings, Makdaddy?

One of my stock helis goes downward when given full forward input too. It's annoying since my other doesn't do it. I've had 4 different V911's, and ALL of them flew differently from each other. Chalk it up to poor quality control or revisions, I don't know.
I think what that gets chalked up to is being a $20 heli.

Even though it flies more stable than my Trex 100s (which has paddles), it does not bring the same challenges as my hobby grade helis. Being designed to be "easy to fly", I would think, brings some sacrafices. It is, after all, marketed as a toy.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, TN, Nunnelly
Joined Aug 2012
611 Posts
I finally got my spare parts and my yellow V911. The yellow one seems sturdier. It seems to have less power than my blue/white one. It is just a bit slower. That's not necessarily a bad thing because it is easier to fly in the house.
GLHS592 is offline Find More Posts by GLHS592