Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:48 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
You shouldn't have said that ya know - as soon as you do....blam parts are flying
I know exactly what you mean
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:44 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Best Replacement Engines

I am stocking up on spare parts for my blue/white v911. What is the best drop in main/tail engines to use?

I would also like to get a little more thrust out of the copter. I am going to try to mount an 808 # 16 camera on the front (I plan on extending the battery lead to help balance). But supposidly they weigh 14 grams. My guess is that I can shave some of that off be removing the case.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Last edited by RFDelie; Sep 16, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
Can anyone translate ANY of that stuff?

Or,... to put it more succinctly, are those bicycle spokes they're using?
The type of metallic rods used are written in the picture:

Unfortunately, no translator will translate chinese words in pictures. The actual Chinese words in blue reads: "Original Ingredients, Umbrella Steel Wire".
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:17 PM
Get to the choppa!
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
The type of metallic rods used are written in the picture:

Unfortunately, no translator will translate chinese words in pictures. The actual Chinese words in blue reads: "Original Ingredients, Umbrella Steel Wire".
I bet this woukd work well for that.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.UFaIH2t5mK0
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:25 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,253 Posts
RFDelie, my keycam weighs 14+grams and I estimate the battery inside weigh close to 4 grams. My guess is if you took off the case and hooked it up to the heli battery, you might get it down to about 6-8 grams, but that is still a lot of weight for this size heli. say about 25% of the helis weight. If it works, let us know. I think if I was going to try it, I would put the cam under the rotor shaft because it would be easier to balance.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
Get to the choppa!
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
RFDelie, my keycam weighs 14+grams and I estimate the battery inside weigh close to 4 grams. My guess is if you took off the case and hooked it up to the heli battery, you might get it down to about 6-8 grams, but that is still a lot of weight for this size heli. say about 25% of the helis weight. If it works, let us know. I think if I was going to try it, I would put the cam under the rotor shaft because it would be easier to balance.
I think if I can vertically mount the camera board close to the rx board with the camera peaking up through a slightly modified canopy then move the battery down close to the heli battery I may be able to get her to mechanically trim. I dont have the camera yet, it should be here soon.

I want to also try to eliminate as much weight as I can from the helo by using lighter parts. but wont get more than a few grams. I tested with a keyfob from my car and it flew. I dont have a scale to see how much it weighs. I like the helo battery idea, if I can run without the battery I will have to come up with another location for the camera board.

I am in then theory phase, I live on one of the highest points in the city. I would love to get some HD aerial shots.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post

I was actually out yesterday looking for steel wire. My DVD drive came with a poker for opening it manually and i brought that as a sample. Nobody has it

The wires theyh do have is thick and soft.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
I am stocking up on spare parts for my blue/white v911. What is the best drop in main/tail engines to use?
I'm hoping for feedback from others.

My favorite B/W V911's main motor gave up the ghost a while back and on a whim decided to try something else.

I put in an SP270 motor and I'm not impressed.
Lacks any kind of "oomf".
I find myself using full throttle almost all the time.

The one nice thing: Quiet as can be. The gear mesh seems to be almost silent. Main gear spins forever by hand.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Last edited by RicksterRC; Sep 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:42 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
Can anyone translate ANY of that stuff?

Or,... to put it more succinctly, are those bicycle spokes they're using?
Those are umbrella ribs, bent and soldered.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:38 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:

I would also like to get a little more thrust out of the copter. I am going to try to mount an 808 # 16 camera on the front (I plan on extending the battery lead to help balance). But supposidly they weigh 14 grams. My guess is that I can shave some of that off be removing the case.
I'm liking the Bravo SX main motor.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:02 AM
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Another v911 question please. The first 911 I had drove me nuts because it flew very erratically. There was a small piece of flashing on the swash plate that interfered with one of the rotor parts on occasion making the thing do some really weird stuff. I removed the flashing and life was good until the main motor went bad. I ordered another 911 and when it came it had a bad case of TBE. There was some plastic flashing on the flybar causing it to hang up in the head. After it was removed the heli performed pretty well, until the tail motor went bad. I replaced that and a few flights later something on the main board went bad as the heli was uncontrollable. I replaced the board and things were ok again. Now it is starting to keep turning CCW pretty consistently and I am wondering what is happening now. I haven't figured this one out yet. Is this typical of all v911's or all helis in general ?
hereathome is offline Find More Posts by hereathome
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:09 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,165 Posts
Sorry to hear that you had such an unlucky streak with your V911. When it keeps turn CCW, it usually means that your tail motor is failing. It is under power and it is not able to hold the tail. Check along that line and see if you make any discovery that's fixable. Otherwise, I think you might have to replace the tail motor.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:17 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
I have one that started consistently going CCW. Seemed the worse the vibrating the more CCW. I did the cf main frame braces and it helped a lot. Changed the motor, still there. Then it got worse again. If I hold the heli with one hand and grab the tail motor with the other it's a lot easier to "twist" the boom than the other three hell's. It looks fine so I'm guessing it has a hairline crack.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:44 AM
"Lurker"
Alabama
Joined May 2007
139 Posts
Quote:

That stuff is too bendy.

Would work better, but paper clips would be a whole lot cheaper
Mag718 is offline Find More Posts by Mag718
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
404 Posts
Thinking about getting this TX for my v911, will it work OK, any binding problems?
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri