HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef View Post
My V911 finally came after 38 days from aliexpress. O god it was a horrible wait. I wish I had ordered from the US.

I have had it about 3 days now and man its definetly worth every dollar. I am having a ton of fun with it. I crash it a billion times even into trees and no problem. yet.

I decided against the CNC head after reading about it just being bling basicly. I have been searching this thread and its just massive so if anyone wants to give me any advice on some nice upgrades that will affect stability that would be awesome.

I defiantly need some more batteries so I ordered this combo with 2 batteries and the new fish eye swashplate and CF main shaft.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/V911-...600109979.html

I figured that will be a nice little upgrade and 4 batteries total will be fine for me for now.
you will only be given a few mods at a time untill you show your drivers license to prove if you're from a state that is aloud to mod their helis
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
maybe we could be alloted a few settings at a time so as not to overload our buckeye brains. Im really not upset it flies good for me with the stock tx but i bought the new 9x from hk just to think it would be cool. I love to fly(play) like its a real heli like precision flying not shooting back and forth all over the back yard like a humming bird on crack.
tonytester
Honestly, threads like this (and all the others) could really use their own forums or some such. Once you get past a certain number of posts it's impossible to follow. In that forum could be a sticky that describes the best settings for alternate radios and everything is in one place.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:24 PM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Paddles from the Helios definately make the V911 nicer to fly.

Had a little TBE but it was friction from the ball joints another light sanding of them and its gone.
Hi Scousethief. Are you comparing to standard flybar only? My favourite outdoor heli now is a Blue/White with the MSR paddles (plus other mods). Have a Helios and spare flybar on order to play with though.

Played around last weekend with a very short MSR paddled flybar, and added extra weight (used the solder trick) to help stabilise it. It was OK inside, but didn't have enough stability outside in the wind gusts.
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
you will only be given a few mods at a time untill you show your drivers license to prove if you're from a state that is aloud to mod their helis
Awww but dad...
Curtisbeef is offline Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:15 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Honestly, threads like this (and all the others) could really use their own forums or some such. Once you get past a certain number of posts it's impossible to follow. In that forum could be a sticky that describes the best settings for alternate radios and everything is in one place.
Started a request for such. Anyone interested go to the below link and say so and add any suggestions you may have. After 50 people say they want this (by replying to the topic I started in the link below), then staff will review the idea and maybe call for a vote to have a new section for our little bird (and its sisters and brothers maybe) It then needs 75% yes vote to get by. We can still have this thread and others in there of course but also start adding some stickies for certain topics like suggested above. This would make it easy for people new to the site and the heli to check out references. These can be specific sticky threads for various mods, TX settings and so on.

Some may like the idea, some may not. I just decided this might be a good idea when I read the above post. So I started a new forum request to see if others agree.

Please reply to this a few times to remind people who dont get here everyday, so they get a chance to see the link and post in the below section if they like it. Good idea, bad idea- its up to everyone to decide...............

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1731969
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:37 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Interesting about the lighter flybar. It should give the v911 better agility and possibly reduce chances of flybar strikes. Looks promising. Can't wait to give it a try.
Me too. I have a v911 FB with a S107G weight (smaller). It's my fav.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:39 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Can't wait to compare them to my original mod. Are you running with the stock weights in the paddles or with them removed?
Stock weights I'll try them without maybe later, the pivot point only needs a gentle sanding as do the ball joints, I used 400grit paper, use a small piece and wrap around the ball and turn the flybar, it only took a minute or two.
scousethief is online now Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:09 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
Thanks Makdaddy, but what good does some of it do?
Say:
THR/CV
NOR L=0% 1=40% 2=65% 3=82% 4=90% // take-off position (full thr isn't necessary)
ID1 L=10% 1=30% 2=35% 3=67% H=100% // 'acro mode' (10% thr for fast descent, use with thr cutoff button in mind in case of crash, thr will stay at 10% with thr all the way down)

and...
Why have DR set at 80% instead of 100%
and..
SUBTRIM at -30 gives me partial throttle. Do the other settings allow -30 to be enough? You yourself said you had to have it at -46 or something to stop the throttle.

...and isn't EXP supposed to smooth out stick movements? I see it used nowhere.

Forgive the noob questions, but I'm used to car 2ch radios.
Hi MC808

You know what - the settings are different from when I programmed mine (he changed them).
Sorry about that - luckily I printed them.
Do not have time to hand type them in at this time. I think I am going to try the new settings though and see what they do.
I will try to get the old ones to you tonight unless I find the new ones better. Have to get ready for work.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:05 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Awesome news here.
I just saw pictures of WLToy's newest 6 channel bird
it's a direct clone of a certain heli that's found on this forum down to the canopy, but in the colors of the original V911 (orange and black)
I cannot release the pictures yet... but I think many of you guys have seen this heli before
it's pricing isn't too bad either... but it's not set in stone yet so I can't reveal that either.

Expect to see it in 1-2 months!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Cool news! Thanks James! How big is the 6CH bird? 100-size or 80-sized? Any ideas how the transmitter is like?
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:42 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Oh god. If that one is as crash resistant as their other products, and 9x compatible, they better open a new factory to keep up with the demands
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:45 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
100 sized..other than that..no idea! :P
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Some searching the web with chinese keywords, I found 2 useful chinese forum threads:

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=676597

http://bbs.mx3g.com/thread-240322-3-1.html

Just as I've guessed - looks "like" the HiSKY FBL100
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
The thread also stated in addition to the 24cm helicopter, a smaller one (14cm) would also be released.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:58 AM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Some searching the web with chinese keywords, I found 2 useful chinese forum threads:

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=676597

http://bbs.mx3g.com/thread-240322-3-1.html

Just as I've guessed - looks "like" the HiSKY FBL100
I want!!!!!!!! Where might be the first place to have it for sale? I want to watch for it and if the price and features are right I will buy one when released.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21