HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:29 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
I have an etra v911 board I was thinking of putting it into my sp329 for more servo travel but I think the motors would blow out the board. does any one have a thought on that.
can't even spell 328 oh well
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:49 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I had noticed for a while now that my red/white doesn't quite respond as nicely as my yellow, and I have two red/whites and they both seem to behave similarly. So I took a closer look and they both have what I'd call servo hesitations. With the motor running, the aileron servo clearly has an occasional hiccup (responds after momentary delay, is jumpy at times, or ignore input completely if stick is released quickly enough). The following video I hope can demonstrate what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqtjuv7GAOQ

Edit: I had the newer rev 6 boards that KKDDMM's post a few pages back showed. (Square crystal, brown chip connected to aileron servo). Here's the link to that post.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12404

Edit2: It's not my imagination, it's impossible to control the aileron servo arm smoothly while the motor is running. It seems to have certain spots along its travel that it just jumps to even when the input is smooth and linear (as smoothly as I could move the stick anyway.) I don't recall the older versions have this problem. If other people observe the same thing please post.
What happens with slow stick movement? I'm no expert in this area, but I have had this same thing, but mine would stick with slow stick movement too. I have fixed three sticking servos by removing the rod and arm screw and turning, rotating, and working it by hand. Once I even used needle nose pliers and went crazy on it because the sticking was so bad it was hard to turn with my fingers. I figured it was useless to me anyway so even if I broke something who cares. It works better than ever and has now for a few weeks. I think the servo pot was sticking. The extra juice from the main motor takes from the servo. Just a guess. On one of mine there was trash in the gears. That one is still working too.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:49 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
well looks like no one wants to share their settings for the turnigy 9x and the v911

thanks tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
I am ordering a fs-t6 friday are the settings the same as the 9x for this heli? I do not have a 9x but i do see settings from time to time.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
well looks like no one wants to share their settings for the turnigy 9x and the v911

thanks tonytester
Here are mine from v911 and 9958 and some from dary also.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:40 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
What happens with slow stick movement? I'm no expert in this area, but I have had this same thing, but mine would stick with slow stick movement too. I have fixed three sticking servos by removing the rod and arm screw and turning, rotating, and working it by hand. Once I even used needle nose pliers and went crazy on it because the sticking was so bad it was hard to turn with my fingers. I figured it was useless to me anyway so even if I broke something who cares. It works better than ever and has now for a few weeks. I think the servo pot was sticking. The extra juice from the main motor takes from the servo. Just a guess. On one of mine there was trash in the gears. That one is still working too.
That's good info. I will try taking it apart and see.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:43 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
Here are mine from v911 and 9958 and some from dary also.
It's a file format I've never heard of and can't open. lol
Woulda been nice, I got excited when I saw someone was sharing some setting other than what's already been shared. Which don't work at all for me.
Maybe someone else cares to share some sensible setting with us v1 9x owners? Not all of us have it modded you know?
EDIT: Not the ZIP, the file within.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:58 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
MC808, you need eepe to open those files. That'll let you download them to your Turnigy9x (or equivalent modded transmitter with er9x firmware).

http://code.google.com/p/eepe/
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
My Corter Is Borken
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
MC808, you need eepe to open those files. That'll let you download them to your Turnigy9x (or equivalent modded transmitter with er9x firmware).

http://code.google.com/p/eepe/
I don't have a modded transmitter. The moment I saw the file format it was obvious to me what it was for. That's why I didn't bother searching for the app to upload them to my un-modded tx.

As I said in my earlier post :
"Maybe someone else cares to share some sensible settings with us v1 9x owners? Not all of us have it modded you know?"

Does anyone have any actual settings that I can input, other than the post that's been mentioned umpteen times, that does nothing but screw my radio up? Perhaps those settings don't work on un-modded Tx's, I don't know. I know they don't work right on mine. And in more ways than I care to elaborate on here. lol

I only ask because a number of people rant about how they love their 9x, but don't share the settings when politely asked to, that's all. After this I'll stop bugging people to do so, because it must be some secret they want to keep, I don't know. LOL

I know I can do more than REV, SUBTRIM, and ENDPOINT on this awesome radio. I'd just love to know what all that is, The rest is foreign to me, despite the manual. Unfortunately I don't have hours to spend searching and googling for answers, so you guys are my best hope.
Last edited by MC808; Sep 13, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:40 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Oh, sorry, MC808. I thought you were modded. My bad.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:56 AM
My Corter Is Borken
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Oh, sorry, MC808. I thought you were modded. My bad.
No biggie.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:36 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Diode Voltage Drop - To lower a supply voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
I want to ask a question about a circuit to drop voltage a little bit
A string of forward biased diodes in series.. Each diode drops the voltage by 0.6 volts. Ten diodes will drop 6.0 volts. The diodes have to be rated for the current they will have to carry. Test to see if you get the voltage you want, then put the string in heat shrink tubing.
---

Diodes must be able to handle the maximum current. Current can be less than the diodes maximum continuous current rating

Diodes (1 amp rating) can handle 1 amp or less. They will be OK with 1 amp, 500ma, 300ma, 100ma etc.

But you have to hook up and test before making permanent. Note that at 1 amp the power dissipation will be 0.6 watts per diode. For 10 diodes (6v drop) power dissipation will be 6.0 watts at 1 amp. Power will be less if current is less.

This is a very simple way to drop small amounts of voltage.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 13, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:49 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam2k View Post
I am ordering a fs-t6 friday are the settings the same as the 9x for this heli?
FS-CT6B settings should be enough to make the FS-T6 work
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6240

A $2.00 program called "Digital Radio" should work with the FS-T6 to make entering settings easier, but check first if the FS-T6 is on the list of transmitters.. Last time I posted the link to this program was met with hostility. So search for it.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 13, 2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
I ordered from banggood a month ago and finally tracking shows the item to be in the US, MA but i am in the UK, they confirm it was sent to correct address, as i brought to their attention that tracking was saying it was destined for the US.

Is this normal or is it sent to the wrong country?
chrisnasah is offline Find More Posts by chrisnasah
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:14 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,324 Posts
Banggood shipping takes forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnasah View Post
I ordered from banggood a month ago and finally tracking shows the item to be in the US, MA but i am in the UK, they confirm it was sent to correct address, as i brought to their attention that tracking was saying it was destined for the US.

Is this normal or is it sent to the wrong country?
I've given up on Banggood. My first order was on Aug7 and today is 1 month and 6 days out.
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member