HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
78 Posts
binding v911 to th9x

i bought a fs-th9x to use with my v911's. yet, i'm not sure how to bind my v911's with it. not really sure what the fs-r8a receiver thing is either.

anyone know how i get my v911's to bind with this th9x? should i post this somewhere else? thx
UB6uJ is offline Find More Posts by UB6uJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB6uJ View Post
i bought a fs-th9x to use with my v911's. yet, i'm not sure how to bind my v911's with it. not really sure what the fs-r8a receiver thing is either.

anyone know how i get my v911's to bind with this th9x? should i post this somewhere else? thx
First you need to set up a model for the V911 before you do the binding. If you don't it may power up the main rotor and try to fly away on its own because the throttle on the V911 needs negative trim on the 9x. You might be able to manually set maximum negative trim on the 9x without setting up a model but I haven't tried that.

To bind:
Turn your 9x TX off, put a battery in the V911 then very quickly turn on the 9x while holding the bind button on the back of the radio (kind of tricky to do). Keep holding the bind button it until the V911 goes to a steady slow flash or solid. Then turn off the 9x and the V911. Now turn on the 9x like normal (do not press the bind button) then put a battery in the V911. The V911 should eventually go to a solid light and you're all ready.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Sep 08, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
If you have a yellow or complete white v911 (clone of clones) you have to repeat the bind procedure before every flight.
But that's not a big deal
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
If you have a yellow or complete white v911 (clone of clones) you have to repeat the bind procedure before every flight.
But that's not a big deal
How does that work? Do you have to not power off the V911 after doing the binding? Then just power cycle the radio?
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
Today I found NEW version of V911.
WL-TOYS change connector of battery.
Anti-rotation pin moved. Means new swashplate too. This is radical change in how servos control the blades.

Mixer arm is reversed. Flybar is reversed. Blades are reversed. Blade rotation is reversed. No old parts will work on this thing.

Maybe all changed, or a fake, or very much doctored up photo. For left handed flyers?
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 08, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:14 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Anti-rotation pin moved. Means new swashplate too. This is radical change in how servos control the blades.

Mixer arm is reversed. Flybar is reversed. Blades are reversed. Blade rotation is reversed. No old parts will work on this thing.

Maybe all changed, or a fake, or very much doctored up photo. For left handed flyers?
this is probably just a printing error due to the usual "airtight" QC over there - when theř had the new boxes made, someone used the old picture but accidentally mirrored it before giving it to print ... why else would it STILL say CORTER on there, even though it is COPTER now for a VERY long time and these changed smaller boxes must have been printed LONG after the "CORTER episode" ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:21 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:

The image was "Horizontally Flipped".

Regular

same image Horizontally Flipped

Notice the tail motor is flipped as well. Hey.....so is my kitchen.....
Good eye though Ribble.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:21 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
How does that work? Do you have to not power off the V911 after doing the binding? Then just power cycle the radio?
On my latest Yellow V911's, transmitter always has to be turned on after helicopter battery is plugged into helicopter. That may mean turning the transmitter OFF then ON.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:22 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
The image was "Horizontally Flipped"
So flip the image again and post that!
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 08, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:25 PM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Here's what's in the box.
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...IMG1791_R8.jpg
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:26 PM
Bvc
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
So flip the image again and post that!
It would be the original again.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,496 Posts
Quote:
On my latest Yellow V911's, transmitter always has to be turned on after helicopter battery is plugged into helicopter. That may mean turning the transmitter OFF then ON.
Heh, sometimes you have to be careful with the V911 being on first. Depending on the state it was in sometimes the throttle will kick on while the 9x is booting until it loads the proper settings. This may only affect newer 9x radios because the rumor is they modified the TX module. It does affect my Turnigy 9x I just got.

It doesn't always do it and it seems that maybe if you just did a bind it won't do that. It's something watch out for though.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:32 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Here's what's in the box.
If they reversed the blade spin direction, then they would have to put the tabs on the right skid.

OK, OK, OK. Take a look at your V911 box if you have one.
Last edited by Ribble; Sep 08, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:33 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Heh, sometimes you have to be careful with the V911 being on first. Depending on the state it was in sometimes the throttle will kick on while the 9x is booting until it loads the proper settings. This may only affect newer 9x radios because the rumor is they modified the TX module. It does affect my Turnigy 9x I just got.

It doesn't always do it and it seems that maybe if you just did a bind it won't do that. It's something watch out for though.
I don't have a 9x
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,496 Posts
Quote:
I don't have a 9x
Well we were talking about the 9x ya know.