HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:54 AM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I am using Tmart,V911 BNF for $25,it arrived in 4 day from N.Y. to Ca.I think they are the same as Yallstore,but there prices are better.
Yallstore has the same price, I only paid $25 for my BNF from them. Never will order from them again though. Tmart / YallStore can go themselves.
TapouT21 is online now Find More Posts by TapouT21
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:44 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
Yallstore has the same price, I only paid $25 for my BNF from them. Never will order from them again though. Tmart / YallStore can go themselves.
Comments like that are the reason I decided to try Cenn10. Today will be 9 days since I ordered. If only Yallstore allowed local pick-up, their warehouse is only 15 miles from (but it still takes 5 days to get here).
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Some opinions please.Is the bravo sx motor worth the cost over the v911 motor? I need a new motor.v911 $6 bravo sx 11.25
I'm in the same boat as you. I went with http://tinyurl.com/9lytmsb as per post #12332. The wait begins. Good Luck!
Big_Kid is offline Find More Posts by Big_Kid
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:20 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
WL-TOYS change connector of battery.

Today I found NEW version of V911.
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:27 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
Whooooooooooo, I likes very much - 120 mah?
Wonder when the batts and skids will be available?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Sep 08, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:28 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Is there not a danger that the small pins bend after a lot of use, like the mSR did? Just curious...
Matt Halton is online now Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:30 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Some opinions please.Is the bravo sx motor worth the cost over the v911 motor? I need a new motor.v911 $6 bravo sx 11.25
IMO, if it last longer and you prefer the black Delrin gear, yes, but I can't say it last longer yet.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:19 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I happen to have pinions from both motors here in front of me...
Under 8x magnification, they are clearly differenent.

On the Bravo SX pinion, the teeth and gaps look about the same width as each other.
Tooth/gap ratio about 50/50.
It looks as if two pinions would mesh with one another nicely.

The teeth on the V911 pinion are "thicker" and the gap between "thinner" than the Bravo SX pinion.
Tooth/Gap ratio maybe 60/30.
A V911 pinion would definitely not mesh well with another V911 pinion.

I examined the V911 vs SP Delrin gear and the tooth profiles look virtually identical to me.
There might be better moulding on the SP (less flash), but I don't think the tooth profile contributes anything.

Looking at the pinions in the copters, I can see that the V911 motors don't mesh as well as the (one) Bravo that I have.

On my Blue copter (probably the one with the most hours), the pinion of the original motor (currently dead and awaiting replacement) is noticeably worn - as if it wasn't happy.
Holding both gears and v911 motor with my fingers and running the v911 motor over both gears, the Delrin is definitely rougher. Running the Bravo SX (and gw9958 with 8 teeth) motor over both gears is smooth. In the last week, two v911 motors died using Delrin gears. I installed a spare v911 motor I had from the copter the Bravo SX is in and reverted to the stock white main gear. I was going to try the gw9958 but man was it a tight fit. I'll hold off doing that as a last resort.

Please report back on the SP270 motor. If I remember correctly, that's a very tight fit as well, but I'm just going from memory of something I think I may have possibly read.....maybe....possibly
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Makdaddy, LittleMo, thank you very very much! Will do what you've suggested
RacingSOUL is offline Find More Posts by RacingSOUL
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:37 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,191 Posts
KKDDMM
Where did you find the new v911 with the different battery connector?
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Sep 08, 2012, 01:52 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,798 Posts
Quote:
Which goes to proof again, that a company over time is more likely to adapt to the wishes of the "general public" if they just make it clear enough. seems like the sales of stock batteries must have dropped quite a bit (because of people modding them to take their already available batteries) and so now they try to make lemonade out of the lemon they served themselves ...

Anyway, if that is a thing that stays, I definitely feel positive about it ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:25 PM
So Cal
Joined May 2008
2,633 Posts
The new batteries look like an improvement. Probably easier to install for first time buyers.
flyzwell is offline Find More Posts by flyzwell
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:32 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,202 Posts
Quote:
At first I thought they changed the connector to eflite style (mini jst?), but looking closer it seems like another propietary design. Maybe WL Toys want to corner the battery market as well? How about folks who have bought tons of old style batteries (I'm not one of them, but I know some has). How long will they keep selling the old BNF's? What else have they changed besides the battery connector? KKDDMM, how does the new one fly compared to the old one?
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:43 PM
So Cal
Joined May 2008
2,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
How long will they keep selling the old BNF's?
Good question. Also how long will they sell the old style batteries?
flyzwell is offline Find More Posts by flyzwell
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Comments like that are the reason I decided to try Cenn10. Today will be 9 days since I ordered. If only Yallstore allowed local pick-up, their warehouse is only 15 miles from (but it still takes 5 days to get here).
They have horrible CS when you have to deal with them over their screw up. They take forever to answer emails and ignore your questions half the time, making everything take even longer. Just a complete hassle. Some may have better luck. My first few buys of spare parts came in an ok time-frame and was all good. But on the BNF it all went tot crap. Had they sorted it out faster I would be ok with it, people mess up and ship the wrong stuff, it happens we are human, but the bad Customer Service is what made me decide to not bother with them anymore.
TapouT21 is online now Find More Posts by TapouT21