HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:02 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Just found that out myself because I was going to change my red to black. What a shame.
So what I figured I would try to do is to loosen the glue on the tail decoration and see if I can cut it off without damaging the tail boom or tail motor mount. Then I'd take my xacto knife and cut the new tail decoration so that it can be slid on to the tail boom from the side. And then I'd glue it down since it kind of needs that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Yup! That's what I was going to do. This gives me 3 units to work with. I've got 2 helis so that's a spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
As long as the weights were cut off evenly and then the ends butt up against the hold-down screw to make sure the paddles are installed evenly you'll be OK, but I'd say it's risky shoving them on with such force as you risk breaking the flybar.
Yup, I was very careful how I did that. I took my needle-nosed pliers and grasped the flybar about 3mm above where it was being inserted into the paddle and pushed it in a few mm at a time. If you try to do that with your fingers you'll very likely break the flybar.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Yup, I was very careful how I [pushed the flybar into the paddle]. I took my needle-nosed pliers and grasped the flybar about 3mm above where it was being inserted into the paddle and pushed it in a few mm at a time. If you try to do that with your fingers you'll very likely break the flybar.
Also, after I balanced the flybar on a pin, I then set about trying to level the paddles so that they would track in the same plane. This involved gripping the flybar firmly with a plyers again (once again, gripping the shaft right next to the paddle!) and then gently twisting on the paddle and turning it only a few degrees at a time. Then I'd check it for being level AND THEN I'd re-balance it. The act of twisting would cause the paddle to move in/out very slightly so then I'd have to go back to step 1 and re-balance.

Still though, my 2nd flybar only took me about 10-15 minutes.

Oh, and it works, too. I just flew a battery on it this morning and it performs very well.

What I might do is create a second set of flybars that are 100mm long just like the MSR flybar and compare those against my longer ~110mm ones. I've got some spare flybars coming in the mail anyway and I have two more sets of paddles to experiment with.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDoc View Post
I'll have to find an exact measurement when I get home, but I cut the stock bar right at the point where it starts to 'bell'.

Once the bar ends are sanded, I push to the stopping point of the large hole in the MSR paddles to check fit
That is what I did with the MSR paddles on stock V911 flybar, except mine are only force-fit so I can adjust angle of attack. Maybe 50 flights and the MSR paddles are still on. And there were 4 paddles per set in case one does get lost.

Much prefer flying stock V911 with stock flybar, stock batteries, and stock transmitter.

Extreme Production MSR Paddles
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8593
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:52 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
644 Posts
New and happy V911 owner

Good evening !

I was allready lurking on this thread ( but didn't read the 800 pages, sorry ) and finally ordered two V911s.
The black-orange one comes from Aliexpress (RTF version), and the yellow is a BNF version ordered at banggood.
The black-orange flew perfectly out of the box, on the yellow I had to ajust the 2 servo links (2 turns for aileron, and 1 turn for elevator).
What makes me wondering is that the two helis are not exactly the same.
The first difference are the landing skids, thicker on the yellow one.
On the orange-black one the tail boom seems to be glued on the frame, on the yellow it seems held in place by a little plastic hook.
And the main frame itself is a little different.
Circuit boards have also differences, but no problem to bind both birds on the Transmitter.

I test-flew them a little, well, I think there is some fun coming !
Hover is very stable, and they seem to be able to handle some wind outdoors (relative to their size)

Have nice flights and smooth landings

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the fun, Rollmops67!

Nice looking birds you have there. The yellow one is a "2nd" generation clone of the V911 that has some new design features that people like. However, who cares about their lineage as long as they fly well, right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:19 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Good evening !

I was allready lurking on this thread ( but didn't read the 800 pages, sorry ) and finally ordered two V911s.
The black-orange one comes from Aliexpress (RTF version), and the yellow is a BNF version ordered at banggood.
The black-orange flew perfectly out of the box, on the yellow I had to ajust the 2 servo links (2 turns for aileron, and 1 turn for elevator).
What makes me wondering is that the two helis are not exactly the same.
The first difference are the landing skids, thicker on the yellow one.
On the orange-black one the tail boom seems to be glued on the frame, on the yellow it seems held in place by a little plastic hook.
And the main frame itself is a little different.
Circuit boards have also differences, but no problem to bind both birds on the Transmitter.

I test-flew them a little, well, I think there is some fun coming !
Hover is very stable, and they seem to be able to handle some wind outdoors (relative to their size)

Have nice flights and smooth landings

Roland
Congrats and welcome to the v911 club! There is nothing better out there for the money & they are fantastic little heli's. The guys at my LHS were simply amazed... It's new challenger may be the new BenMa Helios 100.. it has paddles instead of a flybar and looks to fly great and be sturdily built at around the same price as the v911, unfortunatley it is not 9x compatible but the tx that comes with it is supposed to be a bit better than most of the RTF's. I'll know more when it actually gets here to me. Enjoy flying your v911's - I sure do!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Geez. The more of the little yellow ones I see, the more I feel the urge to pick one up. Darn that "collectors" gene I have!

Speaking of the Helios 100 flybar again, anybody know how long it is? Aaron, I'm looking at you, my friend.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I got it into my head that maybe I'd change the color of my black V911 to red since the red on white is easier to see when I fly with trees as background. I've got all the spare parts (canopy, blades, tail blade, tail decoration) but when I went to start swapping out parts, I saw that you can't change the tail decoration unless you first remove the tail! Unlike the 9958 and MSR, where the tail decorations just clip on after the fact, the V911 is threaded through the CF tail shaft.

So I'd have to desolder the wires from the mainboard to remove the tail and get the new one on. Meh. Whose great ideas was that? Oh well. Just $20 to get the 3rd one and complete my collection (LOL)
Order one of the "new" tail fins. They simply clip on without being threaded over the tail boom.
They come in red/white which pretty much matches the "old" r/w scheme.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
TC531131 = 120mah 15C 37x12x6mm 3.94g
TC531136 = 130mah 42x12x6mm 4.55g
UC531136 = 130mah 4.4g
TC551136V = 145mah 4.38g
TC551140 = 150mah 25C/50C
TC551140T = 150mah 25C/50C 47x12x6mm 4.90g
TC551140V = 150mah 25C/50C 47x12x6mm 4.90g
601235P = 150mah
Are there any known differences between the 150mAh batteries?

TC551140 vs TC551140T vs TC551140V ?

And is anyone able to confirm that the TC551140 has the same size and weight of the T and V batteries?

Thank you for your time.
larrydust is offline Find More Posts by larrydust
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydust View Post
Are there any known differences between the 150mAh batteries?

TC551140 vs TC551140T vs TC551140V ?

And is anyone able to confirm that the TC551140 has the same size and weight of the T and V batteries?
"551140" is the generic number for the cell itself. The factory takes that cell and packages it into different plastic housings for different helicopters. the "TC" and "T" and "V" mean something, I do not know what.

For instance...
HW551140P = 150mah Greatwall Xieda 9958 battery

You may also see "TC551140 - 145mah" listed as a 145mah battery because there was a factory production run that put the wrong mah label on this 150mah battery.
Not to imply that they will ship a 150mah battery or a 145mah battery. Photo shows a 551140
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 30, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:00 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
428 Posts
Today for the very first time i went to an empty parking space to fly. It was much different from my small backyard. It was quite windy and it was very hard to fly windward i had to "sail close to the wind" LOL
I had a couple of bad crash, it is not easy to save it on a nose dive.

My TX has a very short range, when the ely is at 20 meters it freeze, no motors spin, no servo. Is it normal? My FS TH-9X is on the way
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
I find that I can save "most" nose dives by either letting off the right stick completely, or pulling back on it all the way. Sometimes though, I've got way too much speed to matter, or I don't react quick enough. lol

I'd like to tell you you'll love your FSTH9x, but I haven't been able to use mine yet. lol
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
My TX has a very short range, when the ely is at 20 meters it freeze, no motors spin, no servo. Is it normal? My FS TH-9X is on the way
Make sure the antenna on the copter rx is pointing straight back (or forward on some).

Remove the antenna cap on the TX (one screw at base). Make sure the inner conductor of the coax antenna is not folded back onto the wire. You want just the inner skinny section pointing straight into the cap.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
I find that I can save "most" nose dives by either letting off the right stick completely, or pulling back on it all the way. Sometimes though, I've got way too much speed to matter, or I don't react quick enough. lol

I'd like to tell you you'll love your FSTH9x, but I haven't been able to use mine yet. lol
It is very satisfying when you save a nosedive, the closest is to the ground the most it is fun. I don't really care if i crash, i have 2 working ely and many spare parts, it's so inexpensive this little copter.
I can't wait to try out the new proper TX, it is a present from my GF

@RicksterRC
Thanks for your advice, i checked and only the very last cm of the antenna was in the antenna cup, now it should be fine, i'll test it tomorrow.
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2012
26 Posts
Here's a pic of the battery in question.

I'm mainly curious if there are any performance differences between them (vs T or V designation). Such as, does one perform better near the end of it's capacity, or do any have a flatter discharge curve, etc. If the different 150mAh labels only indicate something like production date or factory location, then it doesn't really matter to me.

And thanks RCG! These forums are a great source of info.
larrydust is offline Find More Posts by larrydust