HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik48 View Post
my v911 leans to the right, and has a slite vibration. Is this normal?
The leaning is a product of the helis size and weight and the vibration is common though not really normal. You could have a flybar or blades that arent perfectly balanced. If its a slight vibration then I wouldnt worry but eventually it could start wobbling in flight. When you see that... you need to swap out blades or flybars to correct the problem. I had a flybar that mysteriously wasn't balanced anymore so I shaved a little meat off the opposite side to help even it out again... worked like a charm.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
And for my newest v911, I soldered a resistor and smd UV led onto the board, which also worked from the first try
SMD leds are so TINY!
Very nice! I'm going to search back through this monster thread for more info (already read every page, just need to parse the LED/resistor stuff) - I know that I read over a lot from those electrical engineer-types that made my brain sore, but seeing that LED pic makes me think that it's worth it
JayDoc is offline Find More Posts by JayDoc
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:21 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=219

Check it out! He says it's tight but that can be easily managed.
Ah ha!!! Well, he says that it's tight. I don't know how easily that will be managed though. Why is it tight? Is how the flybar fits into the head tight? Fix that with some filing. Is the bolt that goes through that tight? Maybe fix that by carefully increasing the hole size with a drill bit? Are the swashballs tight? Not sure what to do there other than try using the Helios links and hope they're not too loose for the blade linkage arms.

Thanks for the link. I missed that when I unsubscribed from the Helios 100 thread. No FlySky compatbility == no purchase for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
They're talking about the weights in the Helios flybar, which everyone is ordering spares of to put on their V911 (including me).
D'oh. Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
The leaning is a product of the helis size and weight and the vibration is common though not really normal. You could have a flybar or blades that arent perfectly balanced. If its a slight vibration then I wouldnt worry but eventually it could start wobbling in flight. When you see that... you need to swap out blades or flybars to correct the problem. I had a flybar that mysteriously wasn't balanced anymore so I shaved a little meat off the opposite side to help even it out again... worked like a charm.
The lean is normal. As long as you can fly it okay with the vibration, you're probably fine though it might be to your benefit to try all of the above suggestions. Vibrations usually get worse over time as the rotating parts will start to wear unevenly.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:26 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
438 Posts
I've received today my "Yellow" V911 from banggood. PCB ver. 24/06/2012 JLDZ-101A
It had some minor issues:
- banggood sticker ( i hate sticker)
- flybar slightly deformed due a lack in the packaging, probably the parcel got a knock.
- some rusty screw and arms
- I had to secure some small plastic piece of the tail boom and the wire of tail motor where touching the servo arm. I used som matte black nail polish, cheaper than glue and easier to apply/remove.

All in all i like how it perform, it is my third v911 and all fly different. This is very stable and it does more precise tight turn.
It bind very easy with the stock TX, no need to rebind after battery swap.
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,903 Posts
I agree. That sticker is really annoying--especially when trying to remove it!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:29 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDoc View Post
I pre-ordered a few on 8/14 - BG says they shipped today. I've been having fun with my MSR paddles on the stock bar, but wow is it a different flying experience. Wicked maneuverability, but reverse input is almost always necessary in short order It's fun balancing the throttle/elevator/just a hair of left aileron for crazy FFF!
hmmm.....maybe I was mistaking dislike for different? I'll put them back on and give it another whirl.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:43 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
If the battery is your main focus, I had I V911 adapted for using the batteries that you can put in a mSR ... there you get 190mAh batteries ... (awesome batteries btw)
Otherwise, I doubt there will be ANY part that could be used to make the V911 significantly "better" than it already is ...
(I got my modded one with paddled flybar, ultra light weight and all you can wish for ... I doubt the helios parts can top that ...
Pretty sure the Helios has a 300maAh 3.7v batteries. Significantly larger. Plus the Helios looks hot.

EDIT: Just went back ad looked. It's a 180mAh. IDK why I thought I read 300 somewhere.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Aug 29, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
hmmm.....maybe I was mistaking dislike for different? I'll put them back on and give it another whirl.
I mostly fly the paddled v911s at a park with plenty of room for them to run. Also even more fun just windsurfing in front of me. Full disclosure: even though perfectly balanced, I hated flying the paddles indoors even with d/r pretty low on my 9x. No room to recover even slight aerobatics...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,903 Posts
@JayDoc : how long is your paddled flybar? I'll measure mine and post that info later.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:09 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
I mostly fly the paddled v911s at a park with plenty of room for them to run. Also even more fun just windsurfing in front of me. Full disclosure: even though perfectly balanced, I hated flying the paddles indoors even with d/r pretty low on my 9x. No room to recover even slight aerobatics...
interesting. Someone else mentioned liking paddles indoors. To each their own. Maybe I don't like them indoors but will outdoors. I never tried the paddles outdoors, but will. Too hot and too many mesquitos (West Nile virus) right now. However I would not like two flight profiles, indoor/outdoor, so I'll have to pick one.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
@JayDoc : how long is your paddled flybar? I'll measure mine and post that info later.
I'll have to find an exact measurement when I get home, but I cut the stock bar right at the point where it starts to 'bell'.

Once the bar ends are sanded, I push to the stopping point of the large hole in the MSR paddles to check fit. Then pull out, smear w/a toothpick of CA, carefully watch for neutral pitch as I jam them back in. Balance on a pin, and add a touch of CA to the outside holes until perfectly level. I do add the tiny screws, but I don't think it matters after the CA...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
interesting. Someone else mentioned liking paddles indoors. To each their own. Maybe I don't like them indoors but will outdoors. I never tried the paddles outdoors, but will. Too hot and too many mesquitos (West Nile virus) right now. However I would not like two flight profiles, indoor/outdoor, so I'll have to pick one.
I know my first paddle attempt was an outdoor only flyer! There has been some West Nile reports around here too. But I rarely get bitten by mosquitoes. The only times I ever do and its still rare, is when there are no animals or people anywhere near me, if there are others around they get bit and I don't.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,903 Posts
Quote:
I'll have to find an exact measurement when I get home, but I cut the stock bar right at the point where it starts to 'bell'.

Once the bar ends are sanded, I push to the stopping point of the large hole in the MSR paddles to check fit. Then pull out, smear w/a toothpick of CA, carefully watch for neutral pitch as I jam them back in. Balance on a pin, and add a touch of CA to the outside holes until perfectly level. I do add the tiny screws, but I don't think it matters after the CA...
Thanks. I'd be curious because I think a longer flybar makes it more stable (at least that's what happens with the MCX series of coaxial helis...) and I'd expect that the folks who make their own around here will have different results depending on how long they make theirs.

I also cut mine off at the point where it starts to bell but I didn't sand mine before shoving it into the paddle (noob mistake--my first paddle)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:06 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Thanks. I'd be curious because I think a longer flybar makes it more stable (at least that's what happens with the MCX series of coaxial helis...) and I'd expect that the folks who make their own around here will have different results depending on how long they make theirs.

I also cut mine off at the point where it starts to bell but I didn't sand mine before shoving it into the paddle (noob mistake--my first paddle)
Short flybar does make it less stable, more twitchy, and tippy in the sense that you can get the heli in an unrecoverable attitude (if short enough). If you have enough spares you can make several of different lengths and use according to your mood. With long flybars you can experiment with adding little paper sleeves along side the paddles, my theory is that will add stability w/o adding much weight, and perhaps delay the reaction of the flybar slightly. Anyway, it's easy enough to do, and reversible if you don't like it.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
I just replaced the v911 flybar with the helios flybar,very easy to replace it,but a bit tight to move,maybe still need some mend
Nice,the flybar I purchased from banggod on the 14th finally shipped today.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40