HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Cpuken and Cosmi...both those SP kits are the same, which is what I have, and will fit. You just need to CAREFULLY bend the mixer guide rods on the rotor head to match the V911...its just slightly off for whatever reason. Just gotta be really really careful not to break them off. Best to use pliers to hold the inside of the guide rod and bend the middle instead of trying to bend at the base as thats where they will snap off.

Later tonight ill take pics of how/where to bend the guides.

Also just know the kit adds about 2 grams and will slightly affect your climb, which is already subpar on the v911, so make your choice if thats worth it. It is for me as the stock swash drives me nuts and it looks good =)
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Also apparently the batteries you want are the turnigy nanotech 130mah T2 connectors ($1 ea) they are like the solo pro but they don't quite fit the SP. HK told me that they will fit the HK FP100 (v911). I bought 10 of them so will let you know how they work out.

If they dont fit gonna just mod em, for $1 each its worth the trouble.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Last edited by RawmadeCF; Jan 13, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Hi Ken , They were corrupted for me as well. Try creating them again and uploading here. I have the Solo Pro manual available for anyone who wants it as well and I'll upload my Xieda 9958 syma s107 manuals as soon as I locate them again http://www.fileswap.com/
I'm confused...
if they download and are viewable by me and one other user but are corrupted by two other users, not sure that makes sense. Just trying to figure out what's going on.
I'll try the other site but the above doesn't make sense... either the files are OK (2 successful downloads) or they are not (2 unsuccessful downloads)
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx1326 View Post
Can anyone say for sure if either of these batteries will fit directly into the v911 and its charger without modifications?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18792

Thanks.
I acted wayyy to quickly and ordered 6x of those for my 3x to-be-delivered v911's.

Hope those will fit straight or with minor modds ...
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Cpuken and Cosmi...both those SP kits are the same, which is what I have, and will fit. You just need to CAREFULLY bend the mixer guide rods on the rotor head to match the V911...its just slightly off for whatever reason. Just gotta be really really careful not to break them off. Best to use pliers to hold the inside of the guide rod and bend the middle instead of trying to bend at the base as thats where they will snap off.

Later tonight ill take pics of how/where to bend the guides.

Also just know the kit adds about 2 grams and will slightly affect your climb, which is already subpar on the v911, so make your choice if thats worth it. It is for me as the stock swash drives me nuts and it looks good =)
RawmadeCF,
Thanks for the info man, your pics and description will be invaluable to me and to others.
Looking forward to it. For us Noobs in particular we are capable of screwing things up when attempting a simple mod/fix and end up buying even more parts to correct those mistakes.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Also apparently the batteries you want are the turnigy nanotech 130mah T2 connectors ($1 ea) they are like the solo pro but they don't quite fit the SP. HK told me that they will fit the HK FP100 (v911). I bought 10 of them so will let you know how they work out.

If they dont fit gonna just mod em, for $1 each its worth the trouble.
Super, if they work, a lot of us will be all over those.
Unlike other purchase decisions (rash), I'll wait for your conformation.
ken
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx1326 View Post
Is there anyway to "mix" a bit of right thrust in order to get level take-offs at less than full throttle?
i gave it a go, here is what i setup and works quite well actually:
(this is the Turnigy 9x running the er9x firmware)

a custom switch which is active when the throttle stick is below -65%

a mixer to mix in right thrust. the mixer is only active when the custom swicth is active:

after a bit of testing, I found following values to work well for me:
weight=40% right aileron added

to make it smooth and not kick in and out suddenly, i added a slope
Slope down=4 seconds. what it does is it takes out the mixer over a period of 4 seconds.

Slope up=15 seconds. left this very high so the mixer does not kick in in mid air, only slowly when atempting to land.

it works suprisingly well and might actually leave it. i can take off by just raising throttle and the heli would barely move anywhere.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Last edited by Mulder_; Jan 13, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
V911 Manual (PDF) at Fileswap web site

V911 Manual

Part 1 of 2:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Tfdq9OGGU...t1of2.pdf.html

Part 2 of 2:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ZJzir2swu...t2of2.pdf.html

OK, let me know if these files/location is OK for you.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
V911 Manual

Part 1 of 2:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Tfdq9OGGU...t1of2.pdf.html

Part 2 of 2:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ZJzir2swu...t2of2.pdf.html

OK, let me know if these files/location is OK for you.
Now is ok
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
I acted wayyy to quickly and ordered 6x of those for my 3x to-be-delivered v911's.

Hope those will fit straight or with minor modds ...
From looking @my old NE batteries and the V911 charger....You will need to cut/shave 2 ridges off the head of the batteries to get them to fit the V911 charger.
Then you will need to make/use a battery-tray harness, so that the NE batteries do not simply fall-out... since they do NOT have the 2 side ridges, that hold the stock batteries in the Tray.

Last night I ordered 10 Turnigy NT 160mah for the TRex. These have the 2 side ridges, and have the best chances of fitting into the Charger/Tray with No modifications.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:34 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,629 Posts
@Mulder_
Isn't that the er9x firmware?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@Mulder_
Isn't that the er9x firmware?
yes it is, said that a page earlier, maybe should ad it to the post to minimize confusion.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,629 Posts
Ooops...I definitely missed that. However, thanks for the mixer tutorial. I now know who to hit up in case I have some weird mix I am attempting to do. LOL
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:48 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Ooops...I definitely missed that. However, thanks for the mixer tutorial. I now know who to hit up in case I have some weird mix I am attempting to do. LOL
anytime
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Staffs UK
Joined Nov 2006
117 Posts
I got the Turnigy for the Trex 100, they don't fit not even close

Ordered some of the battery connectors from myrcmart and a bunch of other stuff.

On a side note for those planning to try cyano de-bonder it melts plastic and leaves it really sticky.

Waiting for the posty, got a NE Solo Pro extreme head on order to give a try and some 3mm CF rod to shave some weight off the main shaft, every little helps
Tilly is offline Find More Posts by Tilly