HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:01 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
Just ordered it Fri so it will be a couple of weeks Tapou but I'll be glad to let you know how its working for me.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Easy to ignore post you don't want to deal with.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Now what was my question?!

Oh that's right, can some suggest:
1/ Where I get the best flybar and/or paddles for the V911 ( as I mentioned mentioned in the past, I made my paddles out of a cardboard drink coaster!)
2/Where's the place to get replacement main and tail motors,
3/I'd like to move onto a CP in the V911 micro size, what is most popular/suggested heli get? <- This is my main question.
I'm hoping WL Toys will come out with one soon (a CP Micro)....

I'd like to get a Nine Eagles Solo Pro 180A, if they were BnF so I could use my own TX/RX's. Just wish WL Toys would come out with a Micro CP soon.

-B!LL!
Some use the CF flybar and I know Miracle Mart has them: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7023 I might get one, but since I have heard of them breaking I will re-enforce it with tiny braided fishing line and CA glue like I did my stock flybar cause it stopped all flybar strikes on my stock FB. I love the braided fishing line mod though, it worked out great!

Here are some of the common paddles used ( I think): http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8593

Others will chime in I am sure. Not sure best place to get spare motors. I got a spare Bravo SX tail with motor from Miracle-mart, but have yet to need any (maybe my heatsinks help them, not sure).

Many places sell the spares though. DealExtreme even sells a set with both motors last I checked. Some say they are slow though. Maybe wait on other replies or check the price tracking thread for updates on who ships faster and more reliable etc. cause I am not sure since I have only ordered v911 and parts from Amazon, Miracle-mart and eBay this far.

I have yet to own or even hold a CP, but I myself am looking at the Exceed X100 (Walkera Genius CP is the same) because it is small and has the feature (I think from what I read) to control in 4CH mode with 6 axis gyro or 3D 6CH. mode with 3 axis gyro. I like that cause I could "maybe" have fun with it while I am getting used to a 6ch and how they keep going in a direction until you counter that movement (if I understand them correctly).

Hope I helped and didnt confuse you, lol.

ps. I wish WL Toys would release a 6ch too. Just hope it has features like the X100 and Genuis CP have.
TapouT21 is online now Find More Posts by TapouT21
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,643 Posts
Okay, so I'm going to put all of our very nice discussion to a test here.

First, pretend I'm a noob.

My question is as follows. I'd like to increase the V911's performance--particularly the cyclic authority (elevator)--when flying in light wind. I've not done any modding on my V911s yet so they're both stock. I'd really like to increase their performance because otherwise they're going to be left indoors on the shelf when I go out to play.

Okay, I'm going to take my noob hat off now. It's been a while since this stuff was discussed, I think, and since it's prime flying time in the northern hemisphere right now, I figured it might be good to re-visit this discussion. Now that people have had more time to play with their V911s, fly them outdoors, do mods, evaluate old mods, etc, I wanted to get people's (updated) opinions. Okay, so I'll start. I've read through MassiveOverkill's blog a few times (and I'm STILL learning stuff) and the following mods come to mind:

- Paddled flybar : this one i want to do but I'm just worried that I'm going to mess it up and end up with a glued sticky mess that is NOWHERE near correctly balanced.

- Upgrade swashplate : I know MassiveOverKill (MOK?) uses a modded MSRX swashplate and has reported that he likes that. I've got a SP270 swash I picked up cheap from MyRCMart whose innards I've pulled out and shoved into the outer part of a V911 swash that I was going to try.

- Upgrade motor : Bravo SX main motor seems to be the best choice.

- Upgrade mainshaft : Solo Pro CF to help reduce weight.

- Adjusting link lengths : this is the old trick of giving yourself a much more pronounced forward bias on the elevator which you have to compensate for by moving the midpoint (or trim) on your TX so that you don't get much backwards elevator. Not sure how much this'll help.

- Adding weight to the canopy : again, kind of a hack and you might mess something up there as well. Of course, this will also increase weight and decrease battery life.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post

- Upgrade mainshaft : Solo Pro CF to help reduce weight.
Buy the fisheye swash even if you only want the CF shaft.

The SP CF shafts I got were crap. "Frayed", slots istead of holes, warped...
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Someone asked if the "new" canopies from the yellow fit the old V911.

I tried them and they fit, and vice-versa the V911's fit on the Yellow.
Both swaps put a bit of stress on the arms that have the pins that go into the canopy, but I don't think they will break.

I found that FC on Aliexpress has the new canopies in three colors.
I got a red one and it looks nice on my Red/White V911.
It's a slightly different shap that seems to get less flybar strikes.

The new ones are MUCH more rigid. They don't feel like you'll destroy them while trying to get the battery in.

They do weigh a bit more. Yellow=2.9g, V911=2.3g
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:36 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
Some use the CF flybar and I know Miracle Mart has them: http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7023 I might get one, but since I have heard of them breaking I will re-enforce it with tiny braided fishing line and CA glue like I did my stock flybar cause it stopped all flybar strikes on my stock FB. I love the braided fishing line mod though, it worked out great!

Others will chime in I am sure. Not sure best place to get spare motors. I got a spare Bravo SX tail with motor from Miracle-mart, but have yet to need any (maybe my heatsinks help them, not sure).
Here's where the xtreme cf fb is weak. (pic by mcmoyer post #7639)

I don't think the braided fishing line can help there.

I bought a used v911 with a Bravo SX main motor. Pretty sweet. A little quieter, nicer sound IMO, and a little more power.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Buy the fisheye swash even if you only want the CF shaft.

The SP CF shafts I got were crap. "Frayed", slots istead of holes, warped...
Same here. Do not buy SP CF shafts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Here's where the xtreme cf fb is weak. (pic by mcmoyer post #7639)

I don't think the braided fishing line can help there.
Thanks, didnt know that, that sux. I guess I will stick with modded stock until I try another type to use. Or glue a piece of small CF stock on the top across that point (but still I myself would do the fishing line to prevent any weak spots after where the piece glued on top stops.)
TapouT21 is online now Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:39 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
hey just a quick question here...why do u guys like to mod here and there on the V911 and also its Tx? LOL.. i also not sure how can u guys got a flybar strike..so far i havent got any strikes...
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:16 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
hey just a quick question here...why do u guys like to mod here and there on the V911 and also its Tx? LOL.. i also not sure how can u guys got a flybar strike..so far i havent got any strikes...
Modify the V911 helicopter and transmitter for the same reason you can try anything when flying them - they are so inexpensive that if you kill one then you can buy an $18 BNF at Banggood and use the old one for $17 worth of parts.

If you don't have flybar strikes, then you aren't trying hard enough. Try 90 degree turns during fast forward with full ailerons, lots of fun and noise..
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:54 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
I know its cheap but so far i find the stock is already so good and durable..yeah i have tried all hardcore flying in my house and there is no strikes unless the swash is level too low..nose dive, full ailerons, full rudder, crashes...i have tried pushing the flybar all the way down naturally and its not even touching the canopy nor the tail boom..if the heli is designed that way, then i think its meant to be that way.. LOL...
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Last edited by leonggyooi; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:14 AM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Is there a 6 ch heli available that will bind to a 9X?
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:19 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Off topic, but this helicopter uses the FS-CT6B transmitter. Since both FS-CT6B and FS-9x both fly the V911, reasonable to assume 9x will also fly this helicopter and many others. If the FS-CT6B can fly it, then 9x should work also. CopterX perhaps.
https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001223866
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 27, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:10 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,874 Posts
Quote:
any 6 ch heli that has separate electronics ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:30 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
any 6 ch heli that has separate electronics ...
Yep, but that means >= 350 size heli ...

No CP micros for 9x is one thing that's holding me off from this transmitter.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24470

Is this bindable with 9x ?
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:34 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Yep, but that means >= 350 size heli ...

No CP micros for 9x is one thing that's holding me off from this transmitter.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24470

Is this bindable with 9x ?
If you get the one with the tx module. Search for hisky fbl100.
ercapoccia is offline Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:38 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2004
236 Posts
Hi...

Got my 2 x v911, 5x150ma, 9x and some spares from banggood today. Good times

Tried the first helicopter (using my v929 transmitter for now), and after binding and first takeoff I was already in love. Wow, this is a nice helicopter for the price, wow cant wait to take it outside.

Now to the second one, as soon as it binds the left servo (aileron?) just go to the lowest end position and wont move at all. The right one, and the throttle seems to work fine.

This is rev 05, or 06 (hard to tell, half text is missing).

Any idea what could be the problem and is there anything I could do to help my new little friend?

One more thing, how do you guys hold the helicopter when pushing the lipo in? It it is a pretty hard fit, and I dont want to brake the helicopter in my hands (thats what the ground is for right? )

Any help would be great.
zippiz is offline Find More Posts by zippiz