SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Did the resistor mod to my Tx tonight. Very nice. Much smoother turning now. It's really amazing for such a simple little mod. Most expensive part was the switch ($3). I put a micro toggle switch in the place of the dead spot on the right side. It came with a little red sleeve for the switch too.
I do like that case. Is it custom?
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:25 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Fly bar weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I know some of you have had issues with Yallstore,I just purchased a BNF from them and found it to be missing a weight for the flybar.The replied to my email and have sent me a replacement flybar.I have the tracking number in my email.
I lost a weight the other day. Are they replaceable or do I need to buy a new fly bar each time?
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:50 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiorion View Post
I do like that case. Is it custom?
Thanks. It's from Harbor Freight ($27). You just pull out the foam wherever you want. I saw someone else post a pic a while back and I have a Harbor Freight down the street, so I had to go grab one. I should have gone back and found the post because they did a better job on the layout inside, but it does it's job, so I'm happy with it.

Definately nice to be able to pick up a case and have all your gear organized and ready to go.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:04 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiorion View Post
I lost a weight the other day. Are they replaceable or do I need to buy a new fly bar each time?
I add a dab on glue on mine to keep that from happening. I never lost one and have spares anyway from the paddle mod. I put just a tiny bit of glue into the seems so they don't fly out, mainly so one don't get someone in the eye. Try to find something to glue into the cavity with some CA glue and take a needle or similar and make sure it is balanced when done. Add more glue etc. to one side as needed to balance. Or until you get some spares you can pop the other weight out and it will fly. Is different a little but flies.

Quote:
Thanks. It's from Harbor Freight ($27).

Definately nice to be able to pick up a case and have all your gear organized and ready to go.
I love my HF case. But I used the small one that was like $13, so I could have a small case for the small heli's, lol. I do like the one with removable foam though, just didnt want one that big for this heli. I need to finish mine to hold some batteries in it and finish the posts for the tail sections to rest on. Not sure if you seen it when I posted the one I did. If I ever got a 9x TX I would need to switch to a larger case though.
How long is your paddle flybar tip to tip?

TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Last edited by TapouT21; Aug 24, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
Well I would if could find my soldering iron, although the solder joints look good to me. The joints look better than anything I could do.
Bummer it sucks when wait for something and its broke out of the box
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,261 Posts
I wish the batteries did not sit so low on this bird.Besides scraping them up,the caps are getting loose.Currently I added some electrical tape and pressed between the cell and cap.I may try some some Ca or super glue.Does anyone have any other suggestions.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:29 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
How long is your paddle flybar tip to tip?
It's about 4". (10 cm)
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:38 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
I wish the batteries did not sit so low on this bird.
Me neither! Some have modded to use different batteries and have them mounted up higher and into the nose as well. The larger batteries I have are touching the ground and I hate that.

Quote:
It's about 4". (10 cm)
Ok thanks. have you done any videos with just regular flight and hover etc.? Besides the inverted one I seen of course. There are so many posts I could have missed it if you did any others.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:32 PM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
I got my new yellow V911 to bind to my new FS9X. No luck so far. The controls are binding but no power to the motor. Thought I might have a lemon so I got my 2nd one out and ditto. I'm sure its something I'm overlooking, any recomendations?
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:55 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
I got my new yellow V911 to bind to my new FS9X. No luck so far. The controls are binding but no power to the motor. Thought I might have a lemon so I got my 2nd one out and ditto. I'm sure its something I'm overlooking, any recomendations?
I read the yellows require a different bind process. Not sure what as I do not own one. Check this thread.
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:00 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,177 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. It's from Harbor Freight ($27). You just pull out the foam wherever you want. I saw someone else post a pic a while back and I have a Harbor Freight down the street, so I had to go grab one. I should have gone back and found the post because they did a better job on the layout inside, but it does it's job, so I'm happy with it.
Was this the one? http://www.hacksmods.com/?s=harbor+freight I'm thinking I should get one too. Too many things to lug around flying away from home.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:38 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,971 Posts
Check my blog out for my layout
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:53 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
I get a 403 error whenever i try to get to that hacksmods website
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:53 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post

Ok thanks. have you done any videos with just regular flight and hover etc.? Besides the inverted one I seen of course. There are so many posts I could have missed it if you did any others.

No, no regular flight vids. It's much more aggressive but also harder to control. My home made paddles are a bit heavy. I think I'm going to shave them down a little and see how they work. Need to find the right balance between speed and and control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
Was this the one? http://www.hacksmods.com/?s=harbor+freight I'm thinking I should get one too. Too many things to lug around flying away from home.
Don
Yeah that's the one. He laid his out nicely. I didn't take my time. Just started pulling out foam and putting Corters in.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
Don
Harbor Freight only carries a couple kinds and myself, I have only seen 3 different ones despite different model numbers and sometimes 1/2" difference in measurements etc. They have the small one like I have, a large one that doesn't have the pluck-able foam and a large one with foam. best one to fit the most and do a nice job is obviously the one with foam.

I like the one in the link you showed. Almost makes me rethink about my choice to have a small case

Get you a 20% off coupon from an Auto Trader or from many magazines that are out. I get free item and 20% coupons out of about 15+ (a few don't have coupons, but many do) magazines every month. I also get free item and 20% coupons from the coupon flyers put in the mail-box every week and sometimes in the paper as well. Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Super Chevy, Dirt Rider, Lowrider, Truckin, various General Automotive mags and 4x4 mags etc... its a loooong list that has them. (I only pay for PopSci and PopMech)

*PM me if you are not familiar with how to get free magazine subscriptions easily online. I get over 20 a month for free right now. (don't mean downloads etc. these are free mailed magazines, many places to get them from)

Quote:
No, no regular flight vids. It's much more aggressive but also harder to control. My home made paddles are a bit heavy. I think I'm going to shave them down a little and see how they work. Need to find the right balance between speed and and control.
Sounds like what I had with the 4g6 paddles before I broke the flybar. Next flybar with paddles will have the braided fishing line on it like the stock one I just did. Keep us updated on your paddle work, especially when you get that right balance of control.
Last edited by TapouT21; Aug 25, 2012 at 08:50 AM.