HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined Dec 2010
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I've scanned in and converted the V911 user manual (in two parts).
Is there a place on this site to upload these files or do I need to upload elsewhere and put a link to it?
Ken
If it's not too big, you could try attaching it to your reply...
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
My main gear is warped too, but seems to fly fine. I guess they hadn't used top rate manufacturing to keep cost down.

Drift to left upon take-off is normal as many have mentioned, I just hand launch it until I get better at flying.
I would humbly suggest some leveling of the Warped gear, u nead patience... but you can spin Blades... and watch which part of gear is higher/lower and bend the wobble out of it... repeat until Level.

I would suggest that some of the sweeping lift-offs are caused by additional friction, warpage, and/or bending of a moving part.

My 1st V911 had Massive Toliet Bowl Effect, that almost disappeared when I trued/smoothed/bent the off parts.

Finally... my nephew's V911 arrived a few days ago... OOTB it Lifted-off straight-up into the air! I was astounded! It's motor sounded quiet and powerful... a thing of beauty! mine was like that before, I think!

Mine now has a slight bend somewhere... either the mainshaft has slightest bend or the rotor head is? I'll have to chase-down that rabbit!
Don't get me wrong, It still flies amazingly well! maybe 95%... just Not perfectly anymore.

Happy tinkering.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:23 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Okay back home from work, can answer some questions asked.

The metal head kit is the $10 shipped Ebay kit.
The mixer guide rods on the rotor head are SLIGHTLY off from the V911. I dont know if WLtoys did this or its a messup on the chinese kits side. Either way its easily remedied by carefully bending them to match.
The swash is a gram heavier than stock, rest of the kit weighs about .7g more...it flies great still..now no more worrying about seperating swash.

The Xtreme flybar weights look heavy but they arent, they are cnc alum, stock are steel, hence the Xtreme are bigger...it also comes with smaller ones to run by themselves or add to the ones I have on now.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:57 AM
Joined Dec 2010
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post

The mixer guide rods on the rotor head are SLIGHTLY off from the V911. I dont know if WLtoys did this or its a messup on the chinese kits side. Either way its easily remedied by carefully bending them to match.
The swash is a gram heavier than stock, rest of the kit weighs about .7g more...it flies great still..now no more worrying about seperating swash.

The Xtreme flybar weights look heavy but they arent, they are cnc alum, stock are steel, hence the Xtreme are bigger...it also comes with smaller ones to run by themselves or add to the ones I have on now.
It's an optical illusion. Look under the stock flybar of the V911, similar amount of metal there...
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:05 AM
Joined May 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thx1326 View Post
If anyone actually gets the 911 to work with 9X transmitter, could post a detail of your TX settings?

Also is the v911 main shaft the same diameter and length as the TREX100? Looking to see if you could replace the v911 head with the TRex head with the paddle flybar setup BELOW the main blades? Anyone try this?
The TR100 shaft is 3mm dia ally, uses a small formed bump instead of a locking collar for the axial restraint, SR120 CF tail boom is the correct diameter and has a better surface finish, you can make them any length you want and use the existing axial collar.

TR100 control arm balls are smaller than NE - suggest you graft a TR100 swash upper to the NE (or CB100 if you want extreme throws and aluminium - done this so i know it fits) swash lower to allow for the change in control linkage ball sizes.
h106frp is offline Find More Posts by h106frp
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:08 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Can someone comment on the best way to get that glue off without ruining the plastic? I'm using a razor blade but wonder if heat helps with the glue.
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Last edited by computerbreak; Jan 13, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:27 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
Can someone comment on the best way to get that glue off without ruining the plastic? I'm using a razor blade but wonder if heat helps with the glue.
Acetone should disolve the CA... but I have no idea what it does to the plastic
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:34 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Checked out my V911 that arrived today. Everything seemed to be good ... couldn't find one real problem with it ... except this is my first 4-ch heli and my flying skill sucks, but after 4 flights with a few minor crashes (and no damage) I'm starting to get better ... LOL.

I'll write up a bunch of details tomorrow that I noted during my checkout.

One thing I did notice is that the bearing on the swash plate is open. If you look at the bottom side of it you can see the tiny ball bearings inside the bearing races - I'm assuming they are all V911s are that way and mine isn't some freak (?). Make sure you put a small amount of light lube on the tiny balls ... the bearing didn't look lubed at all from the factory. Maybe guys with excess friction in the system have a dry or binding swash plate bearing.

My motor pinion gear and prop gear mesh good and turn super free. I was easily getting 5 min flights and could still hover with ~60% throttle. Stopped at 5 min, and battery voltage after the flight was still 3.725. In the first 4 min or so of the flight the heli doesn't need any trimming at all, but seems from 4 to 5 min range it starts to drift some during hovering and needs a little forward and yaw trim, but not much. I think someone else mentioned that too.

The tiny O-rings that hold the canopy on the posts are soooo tiny. Make sure to push them all the way in to push the canopy to the lip on the pins. This seems to make the heli quieter while running because the canopy is held down tighter.

Anyway, too late to ramble ... will post full report tomorrow.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jan 13, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined May 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
If it's CA then it has a lower melting pint than the plastic. You can get proper CA remover/release agent.
h106frp is offline Find More Posts by h106frp
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:21 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post

The mixer guide rods on the rotor head are SLIGHTLY off from the V911..
Can you provide some additional details on the Slightly Off and how this was corrected/bent... I have a kit on order and will need some assistance (maybe photos) of what I'll need to do.
Thanks
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:35 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,388 Posts
I think someone mentioned same before.... my tail motor started to buzz (run) unevenly a few days ago... I thought it odd, but not much can do.
Today I go to fly it... and the tail motor is unresponsive! Tried dif. batteries... same thing, checked tail-wires, tapped and wiggled everything could think of.. still dead!
I then tried to hot-wire a spare tail-motor to the receiver leads.... nuttn happening with the hot-wire job. haha.. but, I then notice that the tail-rotor is slooowly starting to turn! it Lives!! wish I knew why it did that tho.

On a slightly related note: my tail-fin has been acting odd... and suddenly blew-up! I thot, Jeebus... 3 weeks for a replacement.
So, I thought for a bit... then whipped-up this tail-stand! don't laugh too hard... well, actually go ahead... cuz it makes me smile when i see my heli flying about with it! and It actually works good. lol
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
V911 Manual in PDF format (2 files)

Well, I found this site where I could upload these files that were to large for the RCGroups web site. Didn't read too much about this site so I'm not sure how long the files will stay there. Let me know if you have any problems finding and downloading the files.
ken

Manual (part 1 of 2)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21177...l_Part1of2.pdf

Manual (part 2 of 2)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21177...l_Part2of2.pdf
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:09 AM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Well, I found this site where I could upload these files that were to large for the RCGroups web site. Didn't read too much about this site so I'm not sure how long the files will stay there. Let me know if you have any problems finding and downloading the files.
ken

Manual (part 1 of 2)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21177...l_Part1of2.pdf

Manual (part 2 of 2)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21177...l_Part2of2.pdf
PDF files are corrupted
Try again
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick007shadow View Post
PDF files are corrupted
Try again
I uploaded those files from my desktop PC, I just went to my laptop and was able to successfully download and view without a problem.
Can someone else chime in so that I can figure out if there is a problem or a temp glitz.
Ken
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:23 AM
Magyarország, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Miskolc
Joined Dec 2011
76 Posts
Nine Eagles 260A Solo pro Upgrade CNC Metal Rotor Head
This fit the V911 100%??
csomi2 is offline Find More Posts by csomi2