HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
So guys... my V911 (REV 5) just out of no reason stopped working.

I hadn't turned it on in a long time but i charged up the batteries fine and plugged it in and turned on the remote but it just doesn't bind, the led will flash normally when battery is inserted and then blink rapidly which is the binding indication, the remote beeps but the led on the heli just goes back to flashing normally...

I don't think there was any damage to either the heli nor remote so i have no idea what to do -.-
Excruciated is offline Find More Posts by Excruciated
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:33 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Origami 2k-2k-1k transmitter modification
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10593

The two 2k resistors control the rudder. The 1k (or your added potentiometer) selects how much you can influence the two 2k resistors.

Remove the two 2k resistors and there is nothing to influence and the 1k (or your added potentiometer) does nothing.
Remove the 2k resistors and there is the stock rudder to influence.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
thank alot Ribble
sometime work, all time no,
just use V929 TX
dienson is offline Find More Posts by dienson
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:45 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
Duh. I was just making a simple observation.
I was complaining about misleading advertisement about fake sale on many online shop. Sorry man, i didn't mean to be rude to you.
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Jan 2011
6 Posts
hey guys I have been following the progress of this heli and I have not bought one yet but am going to. could guys tell me if these are the real ones or not thanks http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

thanks
cavieguy is offline Find More Posts by cavieguy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:05 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
First Mod! Homemade Flybar Paddles

Completed my first mod today!!

I made a couple of wooden paddles for my flybar. Works great!!

I lost a flybar weight last night and was trying to figure out how to get back in the air while I wait for my parts and my other two 911s to get here. As someone here suggested, I removed the other weight first and tried to fly like that but it was very unstable and would suffer severe TBE when dropping in altitude. I saw somewhere else someone had shortened the bar and used duct tape to weight it. That actually worked pretty well but I had a vibration and wasn't really able to balance the bar well.

So....... I had seen the paddle mod some where using the msr extreme flybar, but that would require waiting for shipment as well. So I made them instead. Since I have lots of wood in my shop I made the paddles out of some pine since it's relatively light. Not the best material for this but I'm just trying to get in the air here. A little cutting, shaping , and sanding and I have some paddles.

And much to my surprise, they're awesome!! This thing is super aggressive now. It won't return to a hover nearly as quick as before but, I can get the nose pointed straight down in Mode 1. It's way too fast for my yard in Mode 2 now. Also won't stop on a dime when you release the stick anymore. It requires way more pilot input, but is much more fun to fly as well.

I still have a slight vibration (and I don't know how many crashes the wooden paddles can take) so I'm gonna order the extreme flybar and experiment with that. This is no longer an indoor bird.

BTW sorry for the long post, I'm sure none of this stuff is news to you guys but I'm super stoked for my first mod! So there.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxs0201 View Post
Hey guys. My first heli is the v911, came in the mail today, and set it up today. I used a simulator to learn the basics of helicopters, considering I'm very used to planes. The sim helped a lot, and I could control the first helicopter I've ever flown very well.I eventually took it outside and pushed the right stick forward as far as it could go, making it zoom forward. I was happy with the speed, considering I'm a beginner. But the problem was it stuck in full ff. I pulled the right stick back as far as it could go as well, but no luck. The heli kept going. So I used rudder to control it, eventually just brought it down, and got it in the air again. Now, everytime I fully push the right stick forward, as far as it can go, in low rates, the heli gets stuck in full forward flight. What's going on?
If you hold it in your hand and move to FFF then let go does the servo stick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavieguy View Post
hey guys I have been following the progress of this heli and I have not bought one yet but am going to. could guys tell me if these are the real ones or not thanks http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

thanks
I get a 404 with that link.
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...tId=0&manual=y
That's legit stuff right there.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Aug 15, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
"Lurker"
Alabama
Joined May 2007
139 Posts
My Black and Orange Corter just flew the coop !!! I waited all day for the humidity to drop as well as the wind. I went outside, gave it throttle and nothing happened. I stepped over to it and it went full throttle !! I could get it to turn but not get the throttle to drop. I chased it up my road about 200 yards but had to stop because of the trees that separate my neighborhood from the rest. I watched it go and go and go... I ran back to the house, hopped on the motorcycle and took off in the direction it went. I spent and hour looking riding around the other neighborhood. If anyone in Georgia see's it flying overhead give me a holler !! ;-)

By the time I got back home it was too dark to fly, so I annoyed my wife and kids for 2 batteries flying around the living room while they were watching tv..
Mag718 is offline Find More Posts by Mag718
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
62 Posts
@MC808

I tried it and it stuck a few times, and going full backwards didn't pull it loose. The only thing that did was pushing it full forward again, and it eventually unhook. What can I do to prevent sticking? It looks like it's rubbing on the plastic orange/black body cover.
maxs0201 is offline Find More Posts by maxs0201
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:31 PM
My Corter Is Borken
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post
My Black and Orange Corter just flew the coop !!! I waited all day for the humidity to drop as well as the wind. I went outside, gave it throttle and nothing happened. I stepped over to it and it went full throttle !! I could get it to turn but not get the throttle to drop. I chased it up my road about 200 yards but had to stop because of the trees that separate my neighborhood from the rest. I watched it go and go and go... I ran back to the house, hopped on the motorcycle and took off in the direction it went. I spent and hour looking riding around the other neighborhood. If anyone in Georgia see's it flying overhead give me a holler !! ;-)

By the time I got back home it was too dark to fly, so I annoyed my wife and kids for 2 batteries flying around the living room while they were watching tv..
Sorry, but I got a pretty big laugh from that. LOL
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:33 PM
My Corter Is Borken
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxs0201 View Post
@MC808

I tried it and it stuck a few times, and going full backwards didn't pull it loose. The only thing that did was pushing it full forward again, and it eventually unhook. What can I do to prevent sticking? It looks like it's rubbing on the plastic orange/black body cover.
I guess try it without the canopy and see if that's the issue.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined Jul 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
I guess try it without the canopy and see if that's the issue.
I took off the canopy, didn't do anything. Servo still stuck. Tips on how to fix?
maxs0201 is offline Find More Posts by maxs0201
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I can get the nose pointed straight down in Mode 1. It's way too fast for my yard in Mode 2 now.
Huge paddles. About 4 times as large as the MSR paddles. Maybe 4 times heavier too.

Can you pull out of a nose dive? A few V911 fliers have been trying to loop the V911. For me, hard part is getting it in a steep enough dive.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:07 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Huge paddles. About 4 times as large as the MSR paddles. Maybe 4 times heavier too.

Can you pull out of a nose dive? A few V911 fliers have been trying to loop the V911. For me, hard part is getting it in a steep enough dive.
Yeah, I can definately pull out of a nose dive with it. The only time I was hitting the ground was when I didn't anticipate. Can't really react, gotta stay a little ahead of it now. I was really just trying to re-learn flying it with the new charactoristics for the few batteries I ran tonight.

I don't know if it'll do a loop but just from watching it tonight I think if given enough altitude and speed it looks like it may be able to do a barrel roll to the right. If I'm hovering in mode 2 and give it full right stick it looks like it's gonna flip right over.

I have a big field right down the road, on Sat morning I'll take it out and see what it can really do. While we're talking about loops, is there a more powerful main motor that will drop into this thing? I would think that more power would help to pull out of the steep dives.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, TN, Nunnelly
Joined Aug 2012
675 Posts
First post here.

Wow! I didn't know these things were this popular. I ordered a white/blue one after seeing the good reviews on Amazon. I got it last week and have really enjoyed it. I have gotten pretty decent flying it I wish I knew about the banggood site so I could have paid $5 less.
I crashed mine into the wall tonight. It vibrated like crazy when I tried again. I lost one of the flybar weights. I just ordered a new flybar, a 5 pack of 150 mAh batteries, a new canopy, and a yellow V911 from banggood. I hope to be back in the air soon.

Also, I have had an issue with my V911. At first, it flew wildly and I could not control it. It was flying in 4-5 foot diameter circles. I adjusted a few things and it is much better. It still drifts to the forward/left some. It will not hover in one place, which makes it hard to land. What can I do to adjust this?
GLHS592 is online now Find More Posts by GLHS592
Last edited by GLHS592; Aug 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM.