SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:10 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Just got my email notification that my V911 is due to arrive tomorrow!!! Now I'll have my indoor fun and have the 9116 for outside!!
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
How much did you pay?
About the same as the v911 boxed set cost, why?
morlandz is offline Find More Posts by morlandz
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
Registered User
cgpirre's Avatar
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
That's a good deal, I paid $100 for my 9x
To bind it, hold the bind button on the back of the tx, and turn it on. Then plug a battery in the heli, and wait a bit. Remove the battery, turn off the tx, turn the tx back on, plug in the battery, and it should be bound. Hold the heli down tho, because it will take off if you have not made any settings yet.
For settings, I believe most people use the acro template, and you have to reverse throttle IIRC, and set subtrim pretty far negative so that 0 throttle on the tx is effectively 0 throttle on the heli.
Play with the endpoint and expo settings to find something you like
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:03 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morlandz View Post
About the same as the v911 boxed set cost, why?
So you paid $45 for a $100+ Tx? Wow!
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
180 Posts
I have problem on yellow V911
I can't bind with V911_TX, this V911_TX , I bind to 3 different V911, but can't yellow V911
this yellow V911 bind good on E728 (V929_TX) , and flies okie,
I try so many ways, but not lucky,
Anyone know what happens,
thank You
dienson is offline Find More Posts by dienson
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:08 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
That's a good deal, I paid $100 for my 9x
To bind it, hold the bind button on the back of the tx, and turn it on. Then plug a battery in the heli, and wait a bit. Remove the battery, turn off the tx, turn the tx back on, plug in the battery, and it should be bound. Hold the heli down tho, because it will take off if you have not made any settings yet.
For settings, I believe most people use the acro template, and you have to reverse throttle IIRC, and set subtrim pretty far negative so that 0 throttle on the tx is effectively 0 throttle on the heli.
Play with the endpoint and expo settings to find something you like
Awesome thats a start, thanks. I seen a few on youtube that sort of make sense now.
morlandz is offline Find More Posts by morlandz
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:24 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
TapouT21's Avatar
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
Would the flybar of the helios 100 fit the v911? Do i need to change the whole main rotor?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Be...5-p-49228.html
Like how they say 17% off yet it was only $1.20 just a few days ago! Now it is 17% off and went up to $2.20. I guess banggood doesn't understand mathematics at all since it didnt say any percent off when it was $1.20
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
Registered User
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
Like how they say 17% off yet it was only $1.20 just a few days ago! Now it is 17% off and went up to $2.20. I guess banggood doesn't understand mathematics at all since it didnt say any percent off when it was $1.20
Price doesn't count on items out of stock. I can easily sell on a website v911 bnf at 1$ and keep it always out of stock.
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:19 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Alright guys, how much of a difference does the Turnigy9x tx make when flying these little birds? I see alot of talk about it and located a site selling them for $53 (on back order). Should I just order one? Are there some other nice little BNF helis that I could use with that tx as well. (already want to start a fleet) lol.

I'm a newbie so I appologize in advance for all the questions I'm going to be asking.


BTW- I tried flying with no weights in the flybar (one fell out). It was very unstable and had wicked TBE when dropping in altitude (was manageable under power.) As a quick fix I tried shortening the flybar and used duct tape wrapped around the ends for weight. It actually worked well but I had a little vibration so I tried to balance it out a little. I felt like the guy who tries to level the table and ends up going around and cutting all the legs off. lol A little off this side, then a little off that, oops a little more off this side. Anyway, football practice was cancelled tonight because of a storm ( I coach 7 year olds) so I think I'm gonna hit the workshop and see if I can make a set of paddles for the flybar. We'll see how it goes. I figure I'll approach this hobby the same way I do my Jeep - "Fix it till it's Broke!"
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
62 Posts
Hey guys. My first heli is the v911, came in the mail today, and set it up today. I used a simulator to learn the basics of helicopters, considering I'm very used to planes. The sim helped a lot, and I could control the first helicopter I've ever flown very well.I eventually took it outside and pushed the right stick forward as far as it could go, making it zoom forward. I was happy with the speed, considering I'm a beginner. But the problem was it stuck in full ff. I pulled the right stick back as far as it could go as well, but no luck. The heli kept going. So I used rudder to control it, eventually just brought it down, and got it in the air again. Now, everytime I fully push the right stick forward, as far as it can go, in low rates, the heli gets stuck in full forward flight. What's going on?
maxs0201 is offline Find More Posts by maxs0201
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienson View Post
I have problem on yellow V911
I can't bind with V911_TX, this V911_TX , I bind to 3 different V911, but can't yellow V911
this yellow V911 bind good on E728 (V929_TX) , and flies okie,
I try so many ways, but not lucky,
Anyone know what happens,
thank You
Try this...
Plug a battery in Yellow, after 2 minutes, remove the battery.
Plug the battery back in Yellow
Turn on V911 transmitter quickly, wait for beeping to stop
Turn off V911 transmitter
Turn on V911 transmitter, wait for beeping to stop

If not working, turn V911 transmitter off
Watch for Yellow's LED to blink fast which may take a minute
Turn on V911 transmitter quickly, wait for beeping to stop
Turn off V911 transmitter
Turn on V911 transmitter

A crazy series of steps, but the problem may be that Yellow wants to see the V929 transmitter.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 16, 2012 at 02:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
TapouT21's Avatar
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
Price doesn't count on items out of stock. I can easily sell on a website v911 bnf at 1$ and keep it always out of stock.
Duh. I was just making a simple observation.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienson View Post
I have problem on yellow V911
I can't bind with V911_TX, this V911_TX , I bind to 3 different V911, but can't yellow V911
this yellow V911 bind good on E728 (V929_TX) , and flies okie,
I try so many ways, but not lucky,
Anyone know what happens,
thank You
My yellow one binds great with the stock Tx for my blue/white one, but doesn't hold the bind after the battery is removed...have to rebind it every time i fly it...no big deal tho.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
TapouT21's Avatar
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Try this...
Plug a battery in Yellow, after 2 minutes, remove the battery.
Plug the battery back in Yellow
Turn on V911 transmitter quickly, wait for beeping to stop
Turn off V911 transmitter
Turn on V911 transmitter, wait for beeping to stop

If not working, turn V911 transmitter off
Watch for Yellow's LED to blink fast which may take a minute
Turn on V911 transmitter

A crazy series of steps, but the problem may be that Yellow wants to see the V929 transmitter.
How in the heck did you figure all of that out?
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
How in the heck did you figure all of that out?
Yellow works different. I can go back and forth between stock V911 transmitter and FS-CT6B transmitter in about 10 seconds with the right timing. If I miss the timing then I have to wait and watch Yellow's LED. Spent some time finding the fastest way. Was originally fooled thinking Yellow did not like the battery connections, but just bad timing means you have to wait.

Once you know it can be done, then at a minimum, do the following

Binding Yellow V911 Helicopter
1. Insert battery into Yellow
2. Watch for Yellow's LED to blink fast which may take a minute
3. Turn on V911 transmitter quickly, wait for beeping to stop
4. Turn off V911 transmitter
5. Turn on V911 transmitter

If anyone knows an easier way, speak out. Yellow gets rotated to the flight-line with maybe 10 other normal V911's so I haven't spent a lot of time with Yellow. I make it work and fly it, then Yellow goes to the end of the queue. Someone has to have an easier way to power Yellow up.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 16, 2012 at 02:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 03:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 04:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 02:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 01:26 AM