United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Take the resistors off and the pot on the center pin no longer works
Origami 2k-2k-1k transmitter modification
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10593

The two 2k resistors control the rudder. The 1k (or your added potentiometer) selects how much you can influence the two 2k resistors.

Remove the two 2k resistors and there is nothing to influence and the 1k (or your added potentiometer) does nothing.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am new here hope you all doing well and hope to learn from the so called experts here.

Well i have always been interested in helicopters and got loads of infrared helicopters but wanted to move to the next stage.

From reading around it seems v911 would be the one i should go for now before moving any advance. So just wanted to check are this good or does anyone recommend anything different?

Do anyone have any link or suppliers which can be trusted to purchase from.

Thanks
chrisnasah is offline Find More Posts by chrisnasah
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:40 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Got my first flight with the yellow v911 with my 9x but encountered a weird problem. It may be covered already but I have to rebind it each time I switch batteries. No biggie but would like to know if anyone else is facing this issue?

I've got three other v911's as well, just thought I'd give the yellow one a go These micro birds are an addiction!
J.F.S is offline Find More Posts by J.F.S
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:50 AM
Australia, QLD, Kangaroo Point
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.F.S View Post
Got my first flight with the yellow v911 with my 9x but encountered a weird problem. It may be covered already but I have to rebind it each time I switch batteries. No biggie but would like to know if anyone else is facing this issue?

I've got three other v911's as well, just thought I'd give the yellow one a go These micro birds are an addiction!
Thats how the yellow ones are, they are a clone of the clone
ruskky is offline Find More Posts by ruskky
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:53 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Jul 2012
40 Posts
I also received my yellow BNF from banggood, which flies differently to the red/white, you could say better but not in all respects. I will elaborate when I put a few more batteries thorugh it.

I then applied the paddle mod to the red/white v911, using the stock flybar cut down. I took couple of pics that I will try and post later.

I can certainly confirm that if you want to fly in wind, do the paddles! A huge improvement.
The only issue I have is I didn't quite make the flybar short enough, and it seems the corner of the paddles can just touch the blades in quick cyclic changes - makes a funny sound (this could be vibration, but I did balance it 99.5%).
But no flybar strikes, which I did get a lot of even in low rates.

I may have to do the TX rudder resistor mod, as my brain seems to have gotten used to mode 2 but very hard to do small rudder applications.

What a fun heli!
I can already see myself getting a walkera CP or maybe waiting till WLToys makes something similar. I have spent may many hours on both plane and heli flight sims, and this seems to have paid off now I have moved to RC.
Deefa is offline Find More Posts by Deefa
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
deleted
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:07 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnasah View Post
Hi Guys,

I am new here hope you all doing well and hope to learn from the so called experts here.

Well i have always been interested in helicopters and got loads of infrared helicopters but wanted to move to the next stage.

From reading around it seems v911 would be the one i should go for now before moving any advance. So just wanted to check are this good or does anyone recommend anything different?

Do anyone have any link or suppliers which can be trusted to purchase from.

Thanks
Hey Chris,
You really can't go wrong with this one. Worst case you get a lemon, and all reputable sellers will just get you a free replacement in that case.
It's as good as indestructible, the only weak spot is the tail motor (costs $3 to fix) and sometimes the landing gear (just use some glue).
You might want to put a dab of hotglue on the tail motor cap, this protects the wires and endcap. And CA glue the flybar weights, they tend to get lost in other dimensions.
To illustrate how tough these are: I broke my first one last week, it has over 80 flights on it, and probably over 200 crashes, some of which were high-speed ground encounters, where the battery ended up several feet from the helicopter. Now the landing gear broke, and the 2 little wires from the battery tray snapped off, but both are repairable, I'll have it back in the air as soon as my fine soldering tip arrives.

A good deal would be this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...544445607.html

I also got this one a while back, it comes with a nice carrying bag, you get 2 helicopters so you are not 'grounded' if one breaks/gets lost/... and 4 batteries, so you get about half an hour of flight time, with cool-down breaks in between flights.
All you need to add to this to start flying is 6 AA batteries for the controller.

If you want to use Paypal you could check out www.banggood.com. They don't sell this package, but you can just get an RTF kit, and then add an extra BNF (trust me, you'll buy extra BNFs eventually anyway ) and some batteries, perhaps an extra charger.
An extra benefit is that their representative is active on the forum, his name is Aaron, and he's a really good guy. Just PM him if there's a problem with your order, and he'll get it sorted out.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:08 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskky View Post
Thats how the yellow ones are, they are a clone of the clone
lol, yeah I knew that the yellow ones are a clone of the clone. I did however mess upp my radio a few days back when installing the HK backlight so I thought maybe I had done some damage to it. Thanks for setting me straight though

I actually have two NE SP270 birds as well. One with a v911 board on it and one stock. Maybe I should take a photo of my addiction, sorry meant to say fleet...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:23 AM
Australia, QLD, Kangaroo Point
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.F.S View Post
I actually have two NE SP270 birds as well. One with a v911 board on it and one stock. Maybe I should take a photo of my addiction, sorry meant to say fleet...
The more the merrier lol.

I know what you mean though, just placed an order with BG for one of those Helios things, aweful looking little bird with flames out the side lol, a paint job by the work experience team but according to Aaron it flies like a champ
ruskky is offline Find More Posts by ruskky
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:31 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
lmao

I may need one more bird... hmmm
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:58 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
That's yallstore for you. tmart IS yallstore. I had to complain in order for them to not use DHL.
That's interesting. I ordered my 1st 2 RTFs from yallstore because they were here in the USA and I needed them quick to take with me to visit the g/kids. It took a little longer than I thought it should, maybe 6 or 7 days. I did the "Make an Offer" deal and we settled on a price of $44 ea. As "mvadu" said, they sit somewhere for a couple of days and then ship.

On 4 Aug I ordered 2 IR Gyro copters (lots of flashing lights) for my g/kids (8yo) from tmart from an ad that said ships from a US Warehouse. After a week I complained and they wrote back it's a long way from China where they were shipping from. So they won't get here in time to take to the g/kids (4hrs away). They ask me to suggest a solution so I suggested they send me a bonus Gyro copter or a BNF V911. They sent an email but it's unclear what they are doing. At first it seemed they had sent BOTH items I suggested but I can't find anything in my previous orders other than what I've ordered. We'll see how it all goes. It is good to know that tmart/yallstore are one in the same.
Don
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:05 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
Just curious what you gain with those mods?

Anyone encounter rusty pots with their Turnigy's?

Thanks J.F.S., for the info.

I still can't figure out what the difference is between the two available at hobbyking, for about $10 difference. lol

EDIT: I figured it out! One is from the USA warehouse. lol
Been away so not answered.

I use my 9X on my V911, V929 a bigger X400 Brushless Quad and Tricopter, also on normal aircraft, ER9X alows better flexibilty plus i can use the DSM2/DSMX module i made to fly Parkzone Bind n Fly stuff.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
Hey Chris,
You really can't go wrong with this one. Worst case you get a lemon, and all reputable sellers will just get you a free replacement in that case.
It's as good as indestructible, the only weak spot is the tail motor (costs $3 to fix) and sometimes the landing gear (just use some glue).
You might want to put a dab of hotglue on the tail motor cap, this protects the wires and endcap. And CA glue the flybar weights, they tend to get lost in other dimensions.
To illustrate how tough these are: I broke my first one last week, it has over 80 flights on it, and probably over 200 crashes, some of which were high-speed ground encounters, where the battery ended up several feet from the helicopter. Now the landing gear broke, and the 2 little wires from the battery tray snapped off, but both are repairable, I'll have it back in the air as soon as my fine soldering tip arrives.

A good deal would be this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...544445607.html

I also got this one a while back, it comes with a nice carrying bag, you get 2 helicopters so you are not 'grounded' if one breaks/gets lost/... and 4 batteries, so you get about half an hour of flight time, with cool-down breaks in between flights.
All you need to add to this to start flying is 6 AA batteries for the controller.

If you want to use Paypal you could check out www.banggood.com. They don't sell this package, but you can just get an RTF kit, and then add an extra BNF (trust me, you'll buy extra BNFs eventually anyway ) and some batteries, perhaps an extra charger.
An extra benefit is that their representative is active on the forum, his name is Aaron, and he's a really good guy. Just PM him if there's a problem with your order, and he'll get it sorted out.
Thanks for this helps alot.

Although if i get it from banggood it is costing 40 dollars. and if i add WLtoys WL V911 2.4GHz 4CH RC Helicopter + 2 x Balance Bars + 2 x Batteries it is another 30 dollars.

total 70 dollars, seems like a good deal with you saying Aaron is a active member here too. What do you think better deal then ali express?

But if am paying 30 extra just for heli and battery etc is it better to pay extra 10 dollars and just get another full set which would include remote and charger too hmmmm.
chrisnasah is offline Find More Posts by chrisnasah
Last edited by chrisnasah; Aug 15, 2012 at 05:25 AM. Reason: more info
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:16 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadu View Post
I placed the order from tmart.com (skid and tail fin on 10-Aug, Both from their US warehouse.

They marked it as "Shipped" on 8-11.They must be having their warehosue in North Brunswick, NJ, and even though I selected free shipping (USPS) they use DHL as their shipping partner. My items were sitting in DHL Elkridge, MD Global Mail fecility for two days. Finally today it is showing up in USPS website. If they just used regular USPS I could be flying again today
Yea they do use DHL as a partner facility but I find it is a lot quicker then the slow boat from china . DHL will bring it to your local USPS. Just got another order from them, RTF blue and white rev 6 on the board. Took 6 days to arrive. $39.95 shipped
Well received my conformation from banggood on my Helios 100 being shipped. Wonder how much longer this will take (original order was July 18th). However, I did notice that they will have flybars and batteries for sale in 15 days.
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:37 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Jul 2012
40 Posts
I am finding it very difficult to mechanically trim the right roll out of both red/white and yellow clone v911. Elevator trim is now perfect.

I have used up all the thread on the aileron servon arm and it still drifts to the right. I know these birds lean to the right to counter the anti-torque induced left force, but I should be able to counter this. I have even unscrewed the servo arm and reset it more horizontal - with no improvement. Servo movement is fine, in both directions, and in both rates.

Any ideas?
(It's not a really big deal, as I prefer flying FFF than hovering, but on the days I have to fly indoors it would be nice to have a hands off hover.)
Deefa is offline Find More Posts by Deefa