HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
TapouT21's Avatar
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Anyone know the difference between "A" blades and "B" blades? Yes, one set comes on the V911 and the other is a spare set. Both look the same and the V911 still flies if you mix them.
I assumed they where matched sets in weight but I never checked (and I doubt a cheap small heli would have that high of quality anyway). But after breaking a blade; I guess the non-broken "A" blade could be a spare when I break a "B" blade. If they weigh the same and cause no extra vibration then I will mix them.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
Bvc
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
What's the issue with the old stock?
The old transmitter gives you a very, very, twitchy rudder that is also too powerful IMO, and others. Especially in dual rates. Some like the power but I don't know that anyone likes how twitchy it is.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:08 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Just suggesting trying different combos.
I know, and I appreciate it.
Just wondering if you or anyone else has done any experimenting along these lines.
EDIT:
Nevermind, I just tried with the shorter links and it was no fun at all. Plus I crashed hard and chipped the main gear.
I was flying at full rates, and the confined area I have in which to fly it is just darn near impossible for a pilot of my skill level. Screw modding the Tx, I want to get a 9x.

Is it worth getting if you can't upgrade it right away?
Gosh, the more I look, the more versions I find...I'm confused. lol
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Aug 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:34 PM
Blue Skies
hifinsword's Avatar
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Can you set a percentage for rudder? Sorry if my terminology is not correct. Also, what about the v911 TX dual rates? Does the 9116 just go full speed with no normal rates? Thanks.
If you are using the 9116 stock tx for the V911, you can set percentages for all the control channels as well as flip a "Q" quick or "S" slow switch on the upper left corner. The V911 transmitter has a button on upper left to switch between fast ans slow rates. The button on the opposite side (right upper) isn't functional.
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
Bvc
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
If you are using the 9116 stock tx for the V911, you can set percentages for all the control channels as well as flip a "Q" quick or "S" slow switch on the upper left corner. The V911 transmitter has a button on upper left to switch between fast ans slow rates. The button on the opposite side (right upper) isn't functional.
Thanks! Sounds like an inexpensive alternative upgrade.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:24 AM
Bvc
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
For those interested. I was not getting 100% rudder with a pot between the onboard pot and center rudder pin. Low rates was too slow even to make a turn in my living room without slowing down significantly. Doing all the different resistors and pots made things 'dirty' because I'm new at this. So I went back and cleaned things up, desoldered and redid everything, and she's working much better now. Not quite 100% rudder but maybe my pot is too small. I have
-cut a trace
-have two 2.2k resistors from the outer rudder pins to the onboard rudder pot
-a pot from the center pin to the onboard rudder pot

Along with my new firecabbage fisheye swashes and CF main shaft, we're finally rocking! Except now I have to get some replacement parts from all these needless crashes, LOL. Blades, skids, and my CF FB has been bent at the hub one too many times.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:33 AM
Bvc
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
I know, and I appreciate it.
Just wondering if you or anyone else has done any experimenting along these lines.
EDIT:
Nevermind, I just tried with the shorter links and it was no fun at all. Plus I crashed hard and chipped the main gear.
I was flying at full rates, and the confined area I have in which to fly it is just darn near impossible for a pilot of my skill level. Screw modding the Tx, I want to get a 9x.

Is it worth getting if you can't upgrade it right away?
Gosh, the more I look, the more versions I find...I'm confused. lol
I read and understood earlier it is worth it. Don't hold me to that though. Sorry about your main gear!
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:02 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Not quite 100% rudder but maybe my pot is too small. I have
-cut a trace
-have two 2.2k resistors from the outer rudder pins to the onboard rudder pot
-a pot from the center pin to the onboard rudder pot.
The Origami 2K-2k-1K transmitter modification reduces rudder throw. You will not get 100% rudder, which is how it makes the rudder manageable.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10593

Use a switch to short the 1K resistor if you want to switch 100% rudder on and off. Same if you replace the 1K resistor with a potentiometer, short the added potentiometer with a switch. Switching on 100% rudder also switches on more exponential at mid-stick, on older V911 transmitters. My tests show the switch will not work correctly on newer transmitters. Others are encouraged to try it and report results.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 13, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:28 AM
Bvc
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
The Origami 2K-2k-1K transmitter modification reduces rudder throw. You will not get 100% rudder, which is how it makes the rudder manageable.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10593

Use a switch to short the 1K resistor if you want to switch 100% rudder on and off. Same if you replace the 1K resistor with a potentiometer, short the added potentiometer with a switch. Switching on 100% rudder also switches on more exponential at mid-stick, maybe and (likely only) on older V911 transmitters.
No 1k here.
Like I asked Origami, would an adequate potentiometer reduce rudder? I know too small a pot will limit output. However I have tried up to 30k. If I remove the pot I get nothing because of the cut. Running just a wire returns 100%. Adding a 5, 10, 30k pot reduces rudder to about 80% (guessing).

I have no use for 100% rudder any more than I need the twitchiness without the 2k resistors. Stock 100% rudder serves no purpose. Some might like to spin super fast, but I don't. I might need 80% in windy conditions though, but I wasn't even getting that. After cleanup and redoing everything I am.

Thanks again for all your help in this matter Ribble!
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Last edited by Bvc; Aug 13, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:06 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
I have no use for 100% rudder any more than I need the twitchiness without the 2k resistors. Stock 100% rudder serves no purpose.
On an older stock V911 transmitter, shorting the 1k resistor with a switch, or in your case shorting the added potentiometer, works very well to fix the rudder problem in low rates. The switch does not return the transmitter to a stock version but adds exponential on low rates, exactly like the original 2K-2K modification that most of us had been using or still use. It works very well.

If you want to test this, then simply put a jumper wire across your added potentiometer and see what happens in low rates. Isn't fixing low rates what you are trying to do with the added potentiometer? If the 1K resistor worked in high rates, then shorting the 1K resistor with a switch should fix the low rates and you do not need the added potentiometer.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Aug 13, 2012 at 02:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:14 AM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
That's cool Bvc, I hear ya man. I know there's a couple other people in here that have dabbled with that Tx, maybe they can chime in?

Thankfully I have a spare gear from the corter I stepped on awhile ago.

My brain is going numb reading all the verbage on this Tx. I need to take a break and go play some Military Madness or something. Retro geeks will get what I'm saying.

Anyone enlighten me which to buy?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8992
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19673
Then there's one without the Rx....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20976

They talk of the v2 firmware, is that the one that's been mentioned here before?
Or should I go with the Parkeflyer version?
http://parkeflyer.com/transmitters/fs-th9x.html

There's quite a price difference.

Like I said, it's confusing.

EDIT: I see that one not only doesn't have the Rx, it has no module. So, I guess that's not the right one for me.
Sorry if these are such N00B questions.

The backlight kit sure is cheap though.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Aug 13, 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:19 AM
Don't Drink & Fly
TapouT21's Avatar
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
Nevermind, I just tried with the shorter links and it was no fun at all. Plus I crashed hard and chipped the main gear.
Screw modding the Tx, I want to get a 9x.

Is it worth getting if you can't upgrade it right away?
Gosh, the more I look, the more versions I find...I'm confused. lol
Me too, I thought there was just a Turnigy 9x, now I see 9x___ and other brand 9x's etc... I don't know if they all will work, which is the better deal (price and features weighed). I need to read more on it cause I done forgot what all I need to do it.

I have too read up on the Walkera Devo mode thread and see where they are on modding it and if I could ever tinker on that or not. That is what I really want to see (a hacked Devo TX to work on the V911 cause my next heli will probably be a Walkera and I would like to have a nice TX for both helis).

*Do you have a spare main gear to put on it? Or a bnf to fly? If not I can put a stock V911 main gear in an envelope and mail one to ya.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:50 AM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
Me too, I thought there was just a Turnigy 9x, now I see 9x___ and other brand 9x's etc... I don't know if they all will work, which is the better deal (price and features weighed). I need to read more on it cause I done forgot what all I need to do it.

I have too read up on the Walkera Devo mode thread and see where they are on modding it and if I could ever tinker on that or not. That is what I really want to see (a hacked Devo TX to work on the V911 cause my next heli will probably be a Walkera and I would like to have a nice TX for both helis).

*Do you have a spare main gear to put on it? Or a bnf to fly? If not I can put a stock V911 main gear in an envelope and mail one to ya.
Man, I really appreciate the thought, but I think I have an intact main gear from my destroyed RTF upstairs. Fingers crossed. Right now I'm flightless though.

Geesh, I thought they were all (9x) FlySky protocol. I guess I need to do a bit more reading then...

Those Devo radios look NICE man. Pricey though. I suppose there's something to be said for having one radio that runs your entire fleet, however.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Aug 13, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:37 AM
Don't Drink & Fly
TapouT21's Avatar
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
Man, I really appreciate the thought, but I think I have an intact main gear from my destroyed RTF upstairs. Fingers crossed. Right now I'm flightless though.

Geesh, I thought they were all (9x) FlySky protocol. I guess I need to do a bit more reading then...

Those Devo radios look NICE man. Pricey though. I suppose there's something to be said for having one radio that runs your entire fleet, however.
No problem, offer stands if you don't find one.

Well I am not sure if anyone will be able to even mod a Devo to work on other helis. And if so which ones etc. I just know there is a thread about work on it and I have yet to go through it all. I love the touchscreen ones like the 6s and 8s, but I would not buy those anytime soon.
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:33 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
That's cool Bvc, I hear ya man. I know there's a couple other people in here that have dabbled with that Tx, maybe they can chime in?

Thankfully I have a spare gear from the corter I stepped on awhile ago.

My brain is going numb reading all the verbage on this Tx. I need to take a break and go play some Military Madness or something. Retro geeks will get what I'm saying.

Anyone enlighten me which to buy?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8992
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19673
Then there's one without the Rx....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20976

They talk of the v2 firmware, is that the one that's been mentioned here before?
Or should I go with the Parkeflyer version?
http://parkeflyer.com/transmitters/fs-th9x.html

There's quite a price difference.

Like I said, it's confusing.

EDIT: I see that one not only doesn't have the Rx, it has no module. So, I guess that's not the right one for me.
Sorry if these are such N00B questions.

The backlight kit sure is cheap though.

The 9x are all the same. V2 or V3 as Eurgle calls it is just an updated main board due to a manufacturer error on the V1 IIRC. The 9x is available under these names: iMax, Eurgle, Turnigy, Flysky and CopterX. Lately the Turnigy ones have been delivered with rusty pots so you may want to be a little cautious. I've got the Eurgle version and bought mine from www.r2hobbies.com
J.F.S is offline Find More Posts by J.F.S
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM