Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
Nederland
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
If I understand you correctly, you had to reverse the polarities of the servo motors on the heli, as well as reverse the polarities of the potentiometers on the tx? I'm surprise the first mod is necessary.
Sorry if I've been unclear, both are done on rx. Modifying the Tx would render it useless for the V911.....
Windmolen is offline Find More Posts by Windmolen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,105 Posts
Thanks for that HH.
Have you received yours yet, or are you still waiting as well?
BL
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Thanks for that HH.
Have you received yours yet, or are you still waiting as well?
BL
Still waiting ... but expecting it to hopefully arrive by the end of the week.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:59 PM
Magyarország, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Miskolc
Joined Dec 2011
79 Posts
Someone can you confirm that the battery is good for this helicopter?

The HK said: yes.
csomi2 is offline Find More Posts by csomi2
Last edited by csomi2; Jan 10, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmolen View Post
Sorry if I've been unclear, both are done on rx. Modifying the Tx would render it useless for the V911.....
Yes, agreed. But in my case I do want to mod the tx (if there's a way) since I have a second RTF v911 coming, and the first v911 tx (if successfully modded), can be used with the 9958 and 5888. Besides, I think it'll be easier to mod the tx vs the heli, soldering wise, at least.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
I'm waiting too... Ordered on 01/06/12 so I still have a ways to go. Feeling quite antsy!
ink124 is offline Find More Posts by ink124
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink124 View Post
I'm waiting too... Ordered on 01/06/12 so I still have a ways to go. Feeling quite antsy!
The Free Dictionary definition:

antˇsy (nts)
adj. antˇsiˇer, antˇsiˇest Slang
1. Restless or impatient; fidgety: The long wait made the children antsy.
2. Nervous; apprehensive: "Camps got shot up all the time, but if there wasn't a shoot-up, they'd get antsy" (Harper's).

gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Well I just received my V911 from banggood.com today; I ordered it on December 27 and today it was here! I live in upstate New York.

Now, I need to point out that this is my very first single rotor heli; my previous experience is with micro coaxials like the Walkera Lama 2. My V911 is very nice; no tx issues, everything worked exactly as it should; although I do find that you need to plug in the battery and then turn on the tx for it to bind and fly. No problem. Everything on the heli itself works as it should too. So far my experience with this V911 set has been excellent through at least a half dozen flights already tonight. Also,the heli appears to be perfectly balanced when I pick it up by the flybar it is level with no noticeable weight bias front to rear.

I do however notice that it takes off better if I set it on my coffee table and launch from there as opposed to setting it on the floor and launching. When I launch from the floor it pulls hard left on take-off which makes it hard to control. Maybe it's my carpeted floor that is the problem; not sure. However, when I take-off from my coffee table it goes straight up and goes into a very nice hands-off hover. It flys beautifully; and remember, this is my first single rotor heli, and I'm not a very good pilot; still very much a novice!

So, all-in-all, I give the V911 two thumbs up!
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Last edited by hope12839; Jan 10, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:11 PM
Mex
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2007
115 Posts
Just received mine and did some flying with it and i noticed that the servo movement of both isn't smooth it's more like a shocking moment. When i move the stick very slow the servo's move smooth but when i move the stick faster the servo's are like shocking. It looks like they are to weak.. What can i do about it?

Edit: also with the servo horns removed they move like crap
Mex is offline Find More Posts by Mex
Last edited by Mex; Jan 10, 2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: extra info
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex View Post
Just received mine and did some flying with it and i noticed that the servo movement of both isn't smooth it's more like a shocking moment. When i move the stick very slow the servo's move smooth but when i move the stick faster the servo's are like shocking. It looks like they are to weak.. What can i do about it?
Mex,

When did you order your V911 and from whom?
trying to get an idea of the typical shipping time... particularly if it came from Banggood or other vendor in China.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Dec 2010
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Well I just received my V911 from banggood.com today; I ordered it on December 27 and today it was here!

Now, I need to point out that this is my very first single rotor heli; my previous experience is with micro coaxials like the Walkera Lama 2. My V911 is very nice; no tx issues, everything worked exactly as it should; although I do find that you need to plug in the battery and then turn on the tx for it to bind and fly. No problem. Everything on the heli itself works as it should too. So far my experience with this V911 set has been excellent through at least a half dozen flights already tonight. Also,the heli appears to be perfectly balanced when I pick it up by the flybar it is level with no noticeable weight bias front to rear.

I do however notice that it takes off better if I set it on my coffee table and launch from there as opposed to setting it on the floor and launching. When I launch from the floor it pulls hard left on take-off which makes it hard to control. Maybe it's my carpeted floor that is the problem; not sure. However, when I take-off from my coffee table it goes straight up and goes into a very nice hands-off hover. It flys beautifully; and remember, this is my first single rotor heli, and I'm not a very good pilot; still very much a novice!

So, all-in-all, I give the V911 two thumbs up!
How's your flight time? Mine came with a bad main gear, get 1-2 mins max/battery. Thankfully, replacement gears are cheap. If it does not work, I might get the extreme delrin gear for Solo Pro V2...
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex View Post

Edit: also with the servo horns removed they move like crap
I had this problem with a Solo Pro. Reflow the solder points for the POTS cleared the issue up.

Moving to Lead Free solder is really causing a lot of problems with cold joints for factorys cranking out toys like this IMHO.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:53 PM
Québec!
Canada, QC, Longueuil
Joined Jul 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky View Post
How's your flight time? Mine came with a bad main gear, get 1-2 mins max/battery. Thankfully, replacement gears are cheap. If it does not work, I might get the extreme delrin gear for Solo Pro V2...
4:20 flight time for me and still some juice
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
My flight time so far is around 5 minutes per charge; and that's with a lot of taking off and crashing which I assume would use up the battery faster. I also bought extra V911 batteries from myrcmart.com so that I have a total of 4 batteries so far. I can just keep on flying.

My gear seems to mesh perfectly and servos work good and there is no TBE either!

I must of got a good one!
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Mex
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Mar 2007
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I had this problem with a Solo Pro. Reflow the solder points for the POTS cleared the issue up.

Moving to Lead Free solder is really causing a lot of problems with cold joints for factorys cranking out toys like this IMHO.

What are pots? Pots on the heli or tx?

Cpuken, ebay 3.5 weeks
Mex is offline Find More Posts by Mex